Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 16 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 4397 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 16 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

At 1950 on Friday night. Why the Hawthorn vs Dogs game can start nice and early and our is so late ...
It is possible that Weitering will return. No certainty, but we can hope.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 16 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
At 1950 on Friday night. Why the Hawthorn vs Dogs game can start nice and early and our is so late ...
It is possible that Weitering will return. No certainty, but we can hope.
Personally, I'd prefer he had the extra week off, King is not the ideal opponent first up from injury and King already gets away with blue murder playing against Weiters.

I can't say I've ever seen Weiters get a fair run against King!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #2
Weitering with 1 arm amputated is still better than anyone else that could take his spot.

Reply #3
Weitering with 1 arm amputated is still better than anyone else that could take his spot.
King will be slinging opponents to the ground without penalty as he usually does, that's a recipe for disaster for someone coming back from an AC.

I week early just isn't worth it, no matter how desperate fans become!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Same tactics as vs Freo, win the midfield, dominate possession and if the ball doesnt get down to King he cant mark it or sling tackle anyone either. Think we are much better than the Saints and I'd be saving Weitering for Hawkins and his buddy Cameron..

Reply #5
Voss has indicated that Weitering is most unlikely to play this week, they need to stick to the timeline. I wonder if they had thought that way if we had lost today?

Reply #6
Voss has indicated that Weitering is most unlikely to play this week, they need to stick to the timeline. I wonder if they had thought that way if we had lost today?
It's the only sensible thing to do, the calls from fans for Weiters to return early is emotive gibberish, the sort of gibberish decision making that ends up causing you to shoot yourself in the foot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Its a cover all bases comment.

'No, we need to let him recover, don't want to rush him.'

'Well, he made a miraculous improvement throughout the week and did everything we asked of him, so we picked him.'

Either way, its a win.

Reply #8
Voss doesn't appear to me to be a panic merchant!

Excluding players who fail to get up due to injury, I suspect the only likely change for next week will be Cerra in probably for Motlop, and even Motlop might be a bit unlucky because he wasn't bad at all yesterday.

Based on the last few weeks, I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Young start on King even if Weitering came in. It's the sort of challenge a kid growing in confidence like Young could really relish, and that would leave Weitering or whoever to get up the ground and hit some targets from intercept marks.

Freo as a KPP / Ruck group type opponent was a significant challenge and we got through it pretty well, in conditions that should have suited Freo perfectly.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Ironically we could get Ratten sacked again.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Same tactics as vs Freo, win the midfield, dominate possession and if the ball doesnt get down to King he cant mark it or sling tackle anyone either. Think we are much better than the Saints and I'd be saving Weitering for Hawkins and his buddy Cameron..
Can’t recall the talking head who said it on radio (though it was probably Nick Riewoldt), but the comment was made that King needs to add more to his game rather than just being a jump and mark exponent. The comparison was made that Josh Kennedy’s body really should see him in retirement but he is still kicking goals because he has great forward craft.

Reply #11
Can’t recall the talking head who said it on radio (though it was probably Nick Riewoldt), but the comment was made that King needs to add more to his game rather than just being a jump and mark exponent. The comparison was made that Josh Kennedy’s body really should see him in retirement but he is still kicking goals because he has great forward craft.

If anyone can play him back into form, it's a team that uses Young as their loose man and plowman and Kemp as their kpps.  ::)

Reply #12
Cerra will return not sure who will go out for him.

Reckon Kempy has done more than enough to take over the Marchbank role

Reply #13
So we move on...
Everything being well this is a game we should win.

There are a couple of issues we need to watch.
As much as the coaches will be aware of it, there will be an issue of keeping focus.
We'll get a fair few kudos in the AFL world this week.
Even if the players don't get too exposed to this publicity, they know they've done good.

Added to that....we played a very physical game yesterday.
We no doubt set ourselves for a big effort...and produced.
These things sometimes result in a bit of a let down in the following game.

Now some will suggest Voss and his coaching team won't let that happen.
But it's a test of progress.
Another challenge.
Another layer.
Hopefully we're up to the task.

Reply #14

Wayne Carey wrote about it and suggested that King should get on the phone to Nick.