Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast (Read 6178 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 17 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

Weitering should be back. Maybe Pittonet. Won't complain about reinforcements arriving, no matter how well we might be travelling.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 17 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
Looks like we need all the help we can get after tonight's pathetic performance.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Just kick straight for goal would be a huge improvement.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Just kick straight for goal would be a huge improvement.
After last night, Jack Silvagni, H and Charlie Curnow are going to be spending the entire week kicking at goals.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
The guy I go to the games with predicted TDK's miss. The looks he got when it happened lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
Kicking straight is very important to strive for a top four spot - but creating clear cut chances and defending ground balls are equally as important imo. I think our cupboard is more bare then West Coasts atm

Reply #6
The guy I go to the games with predicted TDK's miss. The looks he got when it happened lol.

I did too.

People told me to be quiet you'll jinx him but he's missed every single gimme all season.

Was more dissatisfied when Hewett missed.  He's been very reliable but that was not very Sydney like if you catch my drift
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
After last night, Jack Silvagni, H and Charlie Curnow are going to be spending the entire week kicking at goals.
Along with TDK, George and every other bloke that couldn't hit the side of a barn.
For what its worth, H does practice a lot (ie extras) after every session.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Along with TDK, George and every other bloke that couldn't hit the side of a barn.
For what its worth, H does practice a lot (ie extras) after every session.
They've interviewed H several times throughout the year with a focus on when/where he pulls out the drop punt and when he does the snap. He's said several times, 40-45 he generally puts the snap away. The one he had was every bit of 45, yet he snapped and got nowhere near it.
He should've known better and to me that was my biggest disappointment.

Reply #9
we owe wce last year they beat us in syd with a WAFL side ,PAYBACK time (i hope)

Reply #10
I hope the guys don’t underestimate the opponent again against the Eagles. Once again a side that has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #11
I wonder if SPS will get a run against us?  He's the Medisub today
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #12
The Weagles going OK v the Tigers so far. Not brilliant  but ok. We will certainly have to have our wits about us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
The Weagles going OK v the Tigers so far. Not brilliant  but ok. We will certainly have to have our wits about us.
Cookie, If we cant flog the eagles we wont be much chop in the finals, they are very ordinary and coach Simpson who may be at North next season knows its a long way back for them via the draft and doesnt look real interested Imho.
The old soldiers JK, Darling, Shuey etc are still their best players and if Weitering comes back fit then we should be thinking percentage booster....

Reply #14
The Weagles going OK
Yep, people are too focussed on the past, it's irrelevant, it's not the same team playing now that the Wet Toast started the season with, they are a serious threat to any club on the ladder.
The Force Awakens!