Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast (Read 6177 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 17 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #15
Cookie, If we cant flog the eagles we wont be much chop in the finals, they are very ordinary and coach Simpson who may be at North next season knows its a long way back for them via the draft and doesnt look real interested Imho.
The old soldiers JK, Darling, Shuey etc are still their best players and if Weitering comes back fit then we should be thinking percentage booster....

They faded out a bit in end EB but they can still muster some pretty dangerous talent. Agree that we must win and should win this but we shouldn't be taking anything for granted imho.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
There are 2 players we must neutralize: NicNat and Josh Kennedy. NicNat usually plays well against us, and one thing we learnt from the game against St Kilda is that we have to win the centre clearances if we are to win over there.
Weitering will be back, and he often plays well against Kennedy. But even with Tom de Koning's improved form, we really need to nullify Nic Nat. he is their matchwinner.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
It's pretty quiet here on the site today, usually that is a sign of dread!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
They have 2 wins.

Carlton by 45 points.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
It's pretty quiet here on the site today, usually that is a sign of dread!
That's because we have gone from top 4 aspirants to hanging on to the top 8 in the space of one week.

If we don't get a win on Sunday, we will be well and truly under the pump.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #20
It's pretty quiet here on the site today, usually that is a sign of dread!
No comment
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Complacency kills
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
They smalls are my main concern. Hold them and we should get the points.

If we want to play finals this is a must win. Apart from the Crows and GWS in melb the rest are harder on the run home and will still need to find 3 more wins to tie up a spot.

Voss will have them wound up for this I reckon. Blues by 30.

Reply #24
i know 1 thing we will kick straight this week ,it is always the case following week and we need to rove to NICK taps ,melb lost the ruck yet won clearances that has to be us.

Reply #25
Harry and Charlie to kick 5 each...
Thats not gonna happen.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
Thats not gonna happen.
No J McGovern and their tall defenders vs the Tigers were Barrass, Bazzo and Rotham........if the ball gets down our end often enough it will be carnage. Barrass is a decent enough player but is only 194cm and would probably have to take Harry, Rotham is 193cm and Bazzo is 195cm but is a thin kid playing his second game.
Harry has 10cm and 10kg on Barrass.......
Should be a smacking imho providing we win enough ball from the middle, Kelly had 40 vs the tigers so he should get George for company imo. Nitwit might cause us some problems in the ruck as well as JK and Darling if they get good supply but apart from that I dont see too many winners for WC.

Reply #27
No J McGovern and their tall defenders vs the Tigers were Barrass, Bazzo and Rotham........if the ball gets down our end often enough it will be carnage. Barrass is a decent enough player but is only 194cm and would probably have to take Harry, Rotham is 193cm and Bazzo is 195cm but is a thin kid playing his second game.
Harry has 10cm and 10kg on Barrass.......
Should be a smacking imho providing we win enough ball from the middle, Kelly had 40 vs the tigers so he should get George for company imo. Nitwit might cause us some problems in the ruck as well as JK and Darling if they get good supply but apart from that I dont see too many winners for WC.

Got down plenty vs the Saints as well, undersized defenders killed many contents, we then helped the cause by being inaccurate. This is at Optus which hasn't been the happiest of hunting grounds the few times we have played there. I am nowhere near as confident as you are.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
WC without Yeo, Sheed, and of course McG.
Big Nic will be better for the run as will JK after a week's rest. Kelly, pesky Willy, Ryan, and Shuey finding form. Probably related to hit outs to a degree.

I think it will be close. Hopefully we get on top of clearances, kick straight, and get over the line.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
WC without Yeo, Sheed, and of course McG.
Big Nic will be better for the run as will JK after a week's rest. Kelly, pesky Willy, Ryan, and Shuey finding form. Probably related to hit outs to a degree.

I think it will be close. Hopefully we get on top of clearances, kick straight, and get over the line.
If you go by ladder position we should win. However, we know WC have been ravaged this year and they are proud club on their home deck who are "better" than their ladder position suggests. Ill take a 1 pt win if we can get one.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th