Skip to main content
Topic: Prediction: The Loss of the Year Coming (Read 8593 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Prediction: The Loss of the Year Coming

Reply #75
The fact that Spanner started this thread basically verbalises the awful fact that deep down we all knew that the club would chuck in a shocker this weekend.  It's the entrenched culture resulting from twenty plus years of abject mediocrity. We've been the bullied so long, it's ingrained,  we just give up.   What other club would have rolled over in such an insipid manner and turned the game into a Gibbs benefit game?   We were pathetic when we needed to be ruthless...chairing off a former player, a showboating skipper,  players refusing to do the basics.  You could see we had no intention of winning this game, never switched on.   Never manned up,  never gave a stuff about standards of performance.
 Maybe the club needs a Ross Lyon coach because having a nice culture has created a nice club that continues to play nice... And continues to lose. Dunno,  seems to me that only the supporters care anymore.   And that really hurts.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #76
The fact that Spanner started this thread basically verbalises the awful fact that deep down we all knew that the club would chuck in a shocker this weekend.
This thread started on August 11th, week after week it's the same and wrong more than it is right, yet the week crap eventually happens and the shocker must happen sooner or later, it the sign of an oracle. :o

Eventually it'll be right, like Spike Milligan's headstone!  :-\
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
So he's prescient.  He foretold it.   Did you bet money we would win yesterday?

Reply #78
So he's prescient.  He foretold it.  Did you bet money we would win yesterday?
Betting generally involves backing a human to do the right thing, and they are all lazy or corrupt at some level, so no I do not bet much and the more human's are involved the less likely I am to bet! ;)

For me this post is more about the Crows than Carlton, everybody was watching the Crows performances and asking WTF while thinking they'll come good eventually. Of course, we are on the end of the Crows resurrection run, not starting it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
Not slow. Just wanted this post to rub your nose in it ala Tigers need to sack Hardwick and start again...and then they win the flag.

Have you nuked your membership yet?

Did you even buy a membership??
So what you're saying is because it happened at one club that surely means it'll happen at every club. Am I reading that right? Really, you're running with that? Puuuurrlease, tell me you have better justification for your stance than "it's the vibe"...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #80
The problem here isn't losing to the Crows, the Dawks, GWS and Carlton have lost to them in the last three weeks. The problem is the fans swallowing "the shock loss" commentary in disregard of obvious issues happening at the Crows affecting their performance. The Crows had been artificially hobbled by their own people!

It was not hard to predict the Crows coming good, it's not an oracle moment, go back a couple of months and the media was telling you the wheels had fallen off Nthmond!

No body believed the commentary around Nthmond, why did they so willingly swallow the same about Crows?

The media in pre-season and early had CheatsFC almost as flag favourites, nobody believed that, and now the expected form is surfacing "It shock under-performance" and nobody believes that either because we know the media is full of CheatsFC flogs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #81
If sacking Teague is required then do it.At the very least he needs to harden up and expect more from our blokes.   Yesterday was unacceptable and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Reply #82
About the only thing that made this loss acceptable was the fact that Adelaide had won the previous two matches.

In fact, its the only thing that doesnt make this match "the loss of the year".

That and the fact that we probably should have beaten GWS given the position we were in making that loss worse.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #83
Another morning after post mortem .... but from what I'm seeing, I do not like where we're headed.  None of us do.

The suffering can be best described as cruel and unusual punishment, much of which is self imposed.

Bad bad recruiting, right across the board, save for the bloody obvious #1s.

Reply #84
About the only thing that made this loss acceptable was the fact that Adelaide had won the previous two matches.

In fact, its the only thing that doesnt make this match "the loss of the year".
If we have improved like so many on here claim, the losses to Adelaide, Hawthorn and GWS wouldn't have happened. The fact that they did, and continue to happen year in year out indicates that we haven't improved one iota.

It's a disgrace that we have lost 22 out of 25 against Hawthorn. Like WOW! It's a disgrace that we haven't beaten Richmond since what was it 2012. Like WOW! I think it's 2 out of the lat 10 against Collingwood. FFS, if people call this improvement, they've set the bar awfully low.

I hate how so many on this and other forums constantly give all the players an out to say, oh he was playing injured, oh he's being played out of position, oh he's just getting used to the game plan, oh his dog ate his homework.

I'm sorry, but none of those excuses wash. Every other club manages to get their players up to speed and into their programs. Look at what Brisbane have achieved and where we are. Brisbane is a club from a non-traditional football state, lost a truckload of players to the "go home" factor and still managed to build a competitive team, competitive game plan and competitive mindset.

Where are we? That's right, still wallowing in the bottom 6 of the competition. It seems to me that there is a "woe is me" factor at play. None of them have any self motivation and the close enough is good enough attitude prevails.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #85
I have to admit to fighting off a case of complete disillusionment after yesterday's apalling performance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
I have to admit to fighting off a case of complete disillusionment after yesterday's apalling performance.

Yeah what makes it so disappointing is the variance from our good to our bad and seeing the good it makes the bad so harder to take.

Not excusing yesterday's result or the Hawks game, if you look at our reason holistically it's not that bad.

As supporters our expectation are high, but our season is pretty much where we are at.

If you look at the Bookies who have not emotional connection football sides other than to profit then our season reads like

Lost when favourite: (2) Hawks $1.72, Crows
Lost when not favourite: (7) Tigers $3.55, Demons $2.40, Saints $2.10, Power $2.70, Eagles $4.75, Magpies $1.98, Giants $2.85
Wins when favourite: (3) Kangaroos $1.48, Suns $1.56, Swans $1.56
Wins when not favourite: (4) Cats $5.00, Bombers $2.10, Bulldogs $2.50, Dockers $2.25

So looking at that we are +2 against the bookies. 

Point being you can't just look at the two bad losses without looking at the Cats and Dogs wins.   Sides that are clearly better than us.

Have a deeper look at "why" and don't be an emotional dribbler like Spanner and LL

Reply #87
Yeah what makes it so disappointing is the variance from our good to our bad and seeing the good it makes the bad so harder to take.

Not excusing yesterday's result or the Hawks game, if you look at our reason holistically it's not that bad.

As supporters our expectation are high, but our season is pretty much where we are at.

If you look at the Bookies who have not emotional connection football sides other than to profit then our season reads like

Lost when favourite: (2) Hawks $1.72, Crows
Lost when not favourite: (7) Tigers $3.55, Demons $2.40, Saints $2.10, Power $2.70, Eagles $4.75, Magpies $1.98, Giants $2.85
Wins when favourite: (3) Kangaroos $1.48, Suns $1.56, Swans $1.56
Wins when not favourite: (4) Cats $5.00, Bombers $2.10, Bulldogs $2.50, Dockers $2.25

So looking at that we are +2 against the bookies. 

Point being you can't just look at the two bad losses without looking at the Cats and Dogs wins.   Sides that are clearly better than us.

Have a deeper look at "why" and don't be an emotional dribbler like Spanner and LL

Yesterday we were putrid.  A side on the way up would have built on those two wins, put in the hard yards and moved up the ladder.

Unfortunately, in addition to problems between the ears, we have a poor list and players know they can dish up rubbish every week and not be dropped.  We have had this problem for most of this century.

It just embeds complacency into the culture of the club.  The problem becomes self-fulfilling as no A grader wants to buy into it.

Supporters in desperation look for one or two A graders to change our fortunes.  It doesn't work. We broke Judd and the same is happening with Cripps.

Unless we change the culture we will drift along in the same fashion for the foreseeable future.

Reply #88
If sacking Teague is required then do it.At the very least he needs to harden up and expect more from our blokes.   Yesterday was unacceptable and they should be ashamed of themselves.

It was a surreal atmosphere after the game and we just seemed to be not giving a feck. Maybe just pleased to be coming home sooner rather than later?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
The fact that Spanner started this thread basically verbalises the awful fact that deep down we all knew that the club would chuck in a shocker this weekend.  It's the entrenched culture resulting from twenty plus years of abject mediocrity. We've been the bullied so long, it's ingrained,  we just give up.   What other club would have rolled over in such an insipid manner and turned the game into a Gibbs benefit game?   We were pathetic when we needed to be ruthless...chairing off a former player, a showboating skipper,  players refusing to do the basics.  You could see we had no intention of winning this game, never switched on.   Never manned up,  never gave a stuff about standards of performance.
 Maybe the club needs a Ross Lyon coach because having a nice culture has created a nice club that continues to play nice... And continues to lose. Dunno,  seems to me that only the supporters care anymore.   And that really hurts.

Agree with all of this. Spot on