Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434210 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1635
I'm so over all this crap that on some issues,  like people spreading it through sheer stupidity or outright negligence, I've started to lean towards the extreme right wing.  I'm over forgiving and forgetting, being all soft and "inclusive".  It hasn't worked.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1636
I'm so over all this crap that on some issues,  like people spreading it through sheer stupidity or outright negligence, I've started to lean towards the extreme right wing.  I'm over forgiving and forgetting, being all soft and "inclusive".  It hasn't worked.
Tend to agree, in some other countries you wouldnt be so lucky if you disobeyed the laws and the worst you got was a swab down your gob/up the nose, you might be finding a gun barrel in place of the swab or a free ticket to a labor camp instead...
Unfortunately though these outbreaks will occur and we have to live and learn to deal with them when Melbourne does fully open up again and I expect restrictions of sorts to be in place through to winter next year which will be the danger period again given whats happening overseas..

Reply #1637
Yep,  the old chestnut "I didn't know I had to stay at home and isolate" would have met with a different response elsewhere.

What did Solzhenitskyn write EB... "not happy with the bread ration comrade?   How about 9 grams? "
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1638
Today's non announcement was the most predictable yet.

As for talking down to female journalists.  I saw two questions of the press conference before I switched to WBBL.
1)  Why has it taken so long? (not sure if that was the full question before it got shut down - certainly not sure what 'it' was referring to).  She tried again with the same result.
2) What was the point of the road map? Rubbish question and treated appropriately

My test result was -1 left, +1 authoritarian.  Didn't understand some of the questions.

Reply #1639
Ive watched about 3 press conferences.  The questions are often answered in the original speeches which is why they get the treatment he gives.

Caveat- i haven't watched today.

Most of the time its rather basic.  We have cases, we have a disease that is going to kill a lot of people and if we stuff this up, a week of early freedom could lead to months of pain.  We have the second of November as a current target date and every time things flare up from nowhere keep in mind all the numpties who say covid is a scam and don't get tested and stuff like that.

Im not debating whether or not they have a point.  Im stating that fighting lockdown is only going to lengthen how long we stay in it for.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1640
We made the ridiculous target and we're still in lockdown.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1641
The target is irrelevant, it's an arbitrary number designed to get people to understand they need to modify their behaviour under the new normal and act a certain way to allow the medical professionals to manage the situation.

But the flogs and microchip vaccine nutters are going to ruin things for everybody, they are even giving the Karens and Coreys a bad name, and we will all be stuck in this cycle of lock down for weeks or months.

If someone doubts this to be true, they need to explain away what is now happening in some of those European locations which were held up as golden examples of liberty and now have cases doubling as warned by most none political authorities. Pretty much every graph you can find for the Northern hemisphere shows a curve climbing except perhaps the death rate which is flattening, but that doesn't mean people aren't seriously harmed by a moderate or serious case of COVID, it just means medicos are getting better at helping people live through it one form or another!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1642
No it's true....We took the test. ;D
Yes and I started counseling on Friday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1643
Yep,  the old chestnut "I didn't know I had to stay at home and isolate" would have met with a different response elsewhere.

What did Solzhenitskyn write EB... "not happy with the bread ration comrade?   How about 9 grams? "
In the case of the EPIC school in Preston, DHHS fed the infected child's parent the wrong info.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1644
Not a surprise, DHHS giving wrong info.  When our Kinder had to close and some of us needed tests, we got all sorts of things, none of it right, which wasted buckets of time on the phone.  This includes our first contact from DHHS to get tested about 10 days after they were notified of a case and one day before our quarantine was up, because Kinder advised kids to get tested.

Reply #1645
This includes our first contact from DHHS to get tested about 10 days after they were notified of a case and one day before our quarantine was up, because Kinder advised kids to get tested.
Not defending anyone in particular, before the nutters launch into rhetoric.

I suppose it depends how quickly the virus develops and people actually become infectious, it's not instantaneous like the media portray. It takes days and days for virus to build up enough in an exposed and infected person to be at detectable levels, for most types of tests except PCR, and about the same length of time before they become infectious. Of course not all people exposed to virus become infected.

Also, the evidence was originally hinting that children are less likely to get infected and less likely to spread the infection, the jury is still out on whether that is the case, but it is now clear  that some children who get infected can suffer bad effects from it.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1646
We made the ridiculous target and we're still in lockdown.
Are you trying to impersonate the female reporters?

Question has been answered repeatedly. Pay attention, or stay silent.

Reply #1647
LP - It was a dog's breakfast for the Kinder and kids determined as close contacts.  Dates and advice were all over the shop and contact from DHHS to us was well outside their guidelines.  It was administrative, not anything else.  I have deleted texts, but included (amongst other things) that our quarantine period would start from before the case was diagnosed.

No agenda here, either - just what happened.

Reply #1648
Are you trying to impersonate the female reporters?

Question has been answered repeatedly. Pay attention, or stay silent.

Is that how women are supposed to behave?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1649
LP - It was a dog's breakfast for the Kinder and kids determined as close contacts.  Dates and advice were all over the shop and contact from DHHS to us was well outside their guidelines.  It was administrative, not anything else.  I have deleted texts, but included (amongst other things) that our quarantine period would start from before the case was diagnosed.

No agenda here, either - just what happened.
I've no doubt that was your genuine experience.

But as an outside observer, you'd be asking me to blame a process that involves people, and in my experience any process that relies on people as a subjective source of information is inherently corrupt. People are the weak link and just report the wrong information, whether it's deliberate or not!

You only have to look at the recent approval for Remdesivir as an example, all the recently completed major studies report it has no positive real world effect in treating COVID, yet Trump's apparently corrupt takeover of the CDC has resulted in it's broad approval for COVID use.
The Force Awakens!