Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61804 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #60
Yazz off injured.   What happened?
Hammy
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Yeah baby! Didn't see any of the game and only got to listen to the last quarter on radio, going to sit down and watch the replay now. Looking at the stats I see Murphy and Gibbs had 11 tackles each. Two weeks in a row now our young leaders have stood up. Perhaps it's not all doom and gloom.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #62
Shows what kicking straight can do. Do that every week and you'll win more often than not. Could've easily been 4-2 at this point f we had've kicked straight against the Dees and Tiges.

Yep amazing in hindsight, we should be 4-2.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63
Perhaps it's not all doom and gloom.

Making hay while the sun shines PI2C?

Don't put all your chips on navy blue just yet, but enjoy it exactly as it is and while you can!

Tonight we were all over them, let them back in, they let us back in and we lucked out after trying to hand it back as best we could. The Weagles are a talent loaded team playing crape awful football, and we tripped over the line in grand style!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #64
A win's a win's a win!! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
I'd be very surprised if Watson isn't traded at the end of the year.

And yes, Rowe can mark. But he's too frightened to do so. We are 6 rounds in and have won two games. If he doesn't have a biit of confidence now, when will he get some?

Agree with everything written there.

Watson has this year to extract a digit, otherwise he'll go the same way as McCarthy & Mitchell.

Rowe is forced to do his bit due to the fact we don't have anyone else around to do so. He too will be a casualty come season's end. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #66
Nice to win some games at etihad....just in time for the move to the MCG :P

Reply #67
With no FTA coverage up here, had to watch a bit of the first half on a pirate feed via the internet, nearly smashed my screen when The Big Galoot had those two set shots at goal and sprayed them both sides of the posts.

Had to attend a cricket association awards night, only had a crappy ABC radio signal in the car to listen to, then had to go off the AFL app and watched the scores for a bit. Nearly crashed my car when i noticed we hadn't scored at all for the first 17-mins of the last and the Eagles lead got out to 24-points.

Found that you can stream the radio stations via the app and listened to the last 5-mins of the match. Couldn't believe we were actually in front and then went on to win it. The Eagles had the last three shots at goal of the game and kept hitting the post, if any one of those kicks had of gone through, they would of won it.

As it was, we got out of jail in this match which could end up being a better tonic for our team overall than the win last week.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #69
A real Jekyll and Hyde performance for mine tonight. At times brilliant, at times utter rubbish.....thankfully the good outweighed the bad.

Did not see that last 15 mins coming at all.....in fact was expecting a blowout against us, cos at that stage we looked hopelessly sloppy, disinterested, inept, exhausted and resigned to the result of an Eagles win. Thought Garlett's set shot goal would be a small consolation, then after Tuohy's goal thought it may end up as an honourable loss, then after Hendo's goal it was game on and here we go!

The reaction of the Carlton crowd when that final siren went......if I could bottle that spontaneous reaction of utter jubilation, high-fives and hugs of everyone immediately around you......that's when I love this game.

We still collectively butcher the ball by foot far too often to ever be a serious threat to the top-drawer teams of the AFL, but we can certainly have our moments against them when everything clicks.

Agree with what most others have said in regards to individual performances. Thought it was White's best game in Navy Blue, Warnock was immense pitted against the best rucking duo ever in the AFL, a welcome return to form for Brock, Daisy does a lot of things so well, Yarran is still on B&F pace, Murph captained with authority again, Walker was excellent, Everitt another excellent shutdown job, Waite extremely handy, Garlett brilliant, Jamo awesome, Buckley tenacious, was more than happy with Lucas, Menzel is pure class and Rowe is okay if he does nothing but spoil.....and I mean NOTHING but spoil. Henderson, Gibbs, Simmo, Robbo, Scotland, Casboult & Tuohy were okay/serviceable at best.

Not looking ahead to the Pies game with much confidence to be honest.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #70
Rowe is forced to do his bit due to the fact we don't have anyone else around to do so. He too will be a casualty come season's end.

I think Rowe is definitely a MM project player (Leigh Brown MK 2), so I doubt he is going anywhere soon.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #71

Our two worst performances this year have been on the MCG.

Has the ground been a factor?

Very good point Lods.....we were discussing that very point on the drive home, that our Etihad form this year has been fairly sound, whilst we've generally been stinking it up at the MCG. NEVER thought I'd ever be saying that. Not sure how I feel about that fact.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #72
Had to go out and only saw the first half

We should have been 5 goals up at half time. We made some dumb mistakes that cost us goals and gave them some.

And those errors were by some of our better players so I figured we'd struggle in the second half.

Really happy with the win.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Great come from behind win .. Awesome to see the boys dig deep and knock off the Toast, off your seat kind of stuff.

Murphy great, finally leading as a leader should.
In man love with Dylan, he never takes a backward step. Takes on the big boys and has great judgement, skill and ability.
Rowe, Jamo and White kept the Toast big boys quiet.  Nic Nat is a spud, gets lost in all the western seaboard media hype.
Warnock gave all night against a three man tag team.
Waite, Simmo, McLean, Jeffy, Gibbs, Daisy getting going, Everitt, Menz inspiring sub, Lucas, AW impressed at times he went with Spack Darling, he certainly had the better of him. Bad luck for Yazz.    It was a great team win.

Negatives - I was very upset with some of our decision making throughout. 
We are terrible at times and most stuff ups  = turnover = goal.
Why do the  Umpires always turn it on after a week of negative press.

Get to rub that win in over here ... You little ripper  ;D

Onwards and upwards.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #74

Our two worst performances this year have been on the MCG.

Has the ground been a factor?

Very good point Lods.....we were discussing that very point on the drive home, that our Etihad form this year has been fairly sound, whilst we've generally been stinking it up at the MCG. NEVER thought I'd ever be saying that. Not sure how I feel about that fact.....

Good teams perform well at any ground. End of story.

IN WADA WE TRUST