Skip to main content
Topic: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party) (Read 61425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R6 - Blues vs Eagles (post match party)

Reply #75
Levi's beard it must be said has progressed beyond fashion statement and into wild man length. It does concern me because a determined beard such as his and Josh Kennedy's will draw scrutiny if the performance underwhelms. Who at the club is monitoring this situation?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #76
Love an ugly win, especially at our uncertain stage.

I expect more of Thomas, mostly earlier.   Unacceptable turnovers, but his one percenters at the end provide some leeway.

If DT eventually clicks, Rowe, Everitt and White stand up (again), and the rest of em play to their potential... we
will go alright. Almost there tonight.   White grew a third leg.

This Docherty bloke would be a good inclusion.

Robbo clanger in the last mins was ugly.  Played a good game, but butchered when it counts. 

Reply #77
great to see Menzel and Buckley ice the game.  Future glimpse?

Reply #78
As I said to the bloke next to me at the pub, not the most convincing win, but I'll take the 4 points !!

It was a very gutsy win though, and as MM said with a 6 player turnover from last week, those that came in filled the holes did their role and got the result.

I know stats only tell some of the story, but in this game the story they tell is that we spread the load around quite evenly and everyone contributed.

I thought White wasn't getting used very much or not getting into the play very well, but 15+ disposals and 4 marks says he did ok. What I did see him do was good.

It was great to see No 3 and No 4 running around together in the midfield and around stoppages doing what they do best. Gibbs is a bit underrated by us supporters a bit still I reckon. 1 bad turnover tonight, but in general really starting to show what a quality midfielder he can be.

Casboult had 2 shockers kicking at goal, but I like what he offers around the ground. 9 marks and 14 disposals is a pretty reasonable return for a big guy.

I agree with LP, Rowe lacks confidence, but like Henderson, give him a season(apprenticeship) down back and he just might be a good replacement for Waite when he retires, this year or next. Probably easier to recruit a defender than a KP forward too !! But that discussion is probably for another thread !!

Menzal is all class, and 8 touches in a little over a qtr of footy is a good return for him as my knock on him has been that he doesn't get enough of the footy when he has played full games.

Garlett made a very good return. 3 goals and really could not have done much more than he did. His tap to Waite for a goal was all class !!

Kane Lucas was very workman like, if he can learn to add some run and class that I believe he has, he will have a lot of people getting excited. He is still probably working on the foundations of his game at the moment.

We are a very good offensive team when we have the ball and that's great.
What frustrates me though is the lack of defensive pressure on the opposition when we don't have the ball. To me this is the part of our game plan that needs the most work !!

All in all, a great win, much needed, hopefully it will give the boys some more, and much needed confidence and belief in themselves and we can go on and smash the Pies next week !!

Go Blues !!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #79
Watched the game on Fox last night and as much as I hate the commentary and commentators I do love it when Eddie says Carlton has won.
Eddie got pretty excited in patches, Dermie added a realistic perspective some times and Roo is just a complete tosser.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #81
Yesterday was the first time in a very long time that I heard the Carlton (clap cap clap), Carlton (clap, clap, clap) chant. I'm pretty sure it helped drive the boys to get those last couple of goals.

Reply #82
I think the revelation of both White and Rowe down back may have killed the career of Watson. Who'd a thunk it?  :o :o

Great win.

Shows what kicking straight can do. Do that every week and you'll win more often than not. Could've easily been 4-2 at this point f we had've kicked straight against the Dees and Tiges.
White and Rowe are are doing well, but we are helping each other out  a lot, team defense.

The only person who's killing Watson's career is Watson. I want the kid to succeed like many others do, but i don't think Watson will make it as a Defender. I'd love to see him spend a year training as a forward. I honestly believe that he will be 10 times better, not saying he'll make it but i think he needs to be tried as a forward

Reply #83

We still collectively butcher the ball by foot far too often to ever be a serious threat to the top-drawer teams of the AFL, but we can certainly have our moments against them when everything clicks.

Agree with this however I thought fewer butchered the ball than normal last night. And Robbo wasn't one of them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #84
Love waking up after a win.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #85

We still collectively butcher the ball by foot far too often to ever be a serious threat to the top-drawer teams of the AFL, but we can certainly have our moments against them when everything clicks.

Agree with this however I thought fewer butchered the ball than normal last night. And Robbo wasn't one of them.
I thought Robbo did some great stuff, lowered his eyes on a couple of occasions when normally his first instinct would be to bomb it long. About to watch it again, probably a good thing i've lost my voice for the second week running, i imagine the missus is sick of my screaming :P

Reply #86
Rowe is forced to do his bit due to the fact we don't have anyone else around to do so. He too will be a casualty come season's end.

I think Rowe is definitely a MM project player (Leigh Brown MK 2), so I doubt he is going anywhere soon.
Was thinking about Rowe last night. I would imagine someone who has battled cancer and beat it needs to be a pretty special person. I saw some serious determination from him last night. He had a look about him that said "I'm not gonna get beaten tonight". Hope its infectious.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #87
Jack Darling's stomach must be feeling a little tender this morning.

Reply #88
Rowe is forced to do his bit due to the fact we don't have anyone else around to do so. He too will be a casualty come season's end.

I think Rowe is definitely a MM project player (Leigh Brown MK 2), so I doubt he is going anywhere soon.
Was thinking about Rowe last night. I would imagine someone who has battled cancer and beat it needs to be a pretty special person. I saw some serious determination from him last night. He had a look about him that said "I'm not gonna get beaten tonight". Hope its infectious.
Absolutely. He really put in last night.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #89

Absolutely. He really put in last night.

He actually had some second and third efforts...which is fantastic
2024... Moir of the same to come