Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92605 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #105
On the positive side, best kiss cam for the year.

Not even that upset about the rest... kick that many points and the footy gods are going to strike you down.

Reply #106
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove this membership right up your farking collective a55es.
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Simmo, you are a gem but the rest of you can go and get farked !!

Well fark off to richmond then! I can understand the frustration as having a bunch of flog mates who are essendon giving me a handful at the moment, but we are not that bad a team. To turn to the dark side because of a loss is inexcusable!

Reply #107
Murphy should step down as Captain  after that effort......

Likewise Sticks.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #108
People are posting like they are surprised at the outcome?

Not surprised.  It was extremely predictable. 

The new element tonight, for me at least, was the end of outrageous optimism. 

The final recognition of the mental weakness.

I always *knew* that the boys had some level of desire, heart, mongrel, and it was just a matter of time until they would show the fire in the belly and our seemingly mediocre team would show us what they are *actually* made off.

Richmond win was yet another false dawn.

Can't lose to CheatsFC at this time in history.  I now turn the corner from naively optimistic to absolutely pessimistic, which given our list is completely disgraceful.

My stupid naive optimism is now at an end.

Music for Carlton supporters: http://thelucksmiths.bandcamp.com/track/all-the-recipes-ive-ever-ruined

Reply #109
Malthouse and the entire list could front up to my place and offer a personal apology and I'd set the dog on the useless bastards.

Membership is going in the mail tomorrow, I've had enough.   I've got nothing left to give.
cancelled my auto renewal after the bulldogs loss, these frauds can get farked. Not worth getting upset over, they couldn't care less, why should I. Our Club stands for nothing anymore. Our legends would be ashamed. They may be cheats but at least they play for their club, coach and each other. What do we play for? $$$.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
It won't happen - but seriously, look at every other captain in the AFL (excluding Melbourne)......how does Murph rank? The man simply should not be captain.....it's been tried & it's failed. Over to you Mr. Simpson.

How many more highlights are we gonna give this mob.

For mine; Simmo, Curnow & perhaps Jamo, possibly Tuohy at times......the rest - pfffffft.

What a shambles of a team.....and a Club.

Again, it won't happen - but we deserve a friggin' apology Mick. You failed us tonight, you lost me tonight.....you're not the man to 'right this ship', you're a relic of yesterday.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #111
So tied of watching the Metro 'Y' Squad we have parading week in week out.

Our once Proud Jumper is stained with there over inflated egos, covered with wet dreams stains from beating themselves off during team bonding wank sessions.

I gunna purchase a broom and a pooper scooper and hand deliver it to MM.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #112
Dear MM,
 I have been a Blues boy for 40 yrs, a member since 99 and my son and daughter members all their lives. I have a signed Jezza jumper and a Team of the Century print as my prized gear plus a Signed Fev jumper and a few other signed items.
You could say my family are true Blues...BUT >:(

My son and I got to talking about why and who we are barracking for, we don't enjoy watching anymore and haven't for awhile. Our club is all talk and glamour and is no longer a club wanting to win premierships. Just look at the difference in the way Hawthorn play compared to us. We struggle to lay a tackle, but when they tackle they tackle to hurt the opposition. We don't even play pretty football, gee...the term champagne football was named after us!

We are seriously considering choosing another team. You could say it is short sighted but I have put up with this crap from the club since the late nineties and obviously during the last decade. We were going to go and see the Port game but I know that we will lose that too because all we try and do now is make the oppo score less than us instead of us scoring more than them. A losing mentality.

You need to change MM, do what ever is needed and make this club what it once was or you will lose more like me.

Supporter in two minds.

2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #113
Behind the scenes, they may have had some other things to play for too.

Apparently Doc Reid is going to pull the pin and tonight was his last match at the club plus Hird is going to cop the 12-month ban so they may have thrown that up to the players and said "send us out on a winning note please".

Doesn't excuse our guys limp-wristed effort but makes some sense as to why they all of a sudden started playing like they meant it again as opposed to the previous four-weeks of soft losses.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #114
I was at the game, our boys tried so I don't get the lack of effort comments. We're just not very good.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #115
I'm back from the game and have had some time to reflect in what I hope will be an unemotional manner.

Don't get me wrong, I have read all the posts up to now, and feel the same as everyone of you do.

I have been saying for months now, that we are not good enough. I have said that being 3/4/5 goals in front in the last quarter of games, only to get beaten, is proof positive of that.

We lack kicking skills, handball skills, set shots at goal skills, tackling skills, mental toughness, and every other skill known to man.

And because of that, we are exactly where we should be on the ladder although I'm prepared to say that we are flattering ourselves if we think that we are a better than 12th. side.

I have been a supporter since I was 4 years old, that's 60 years ago and a had a much heavier involvement in the club way back when than now. Big Nic was at our house every week. I grew up in the era and used to go to training nights when Jack Wrout and Micky Crisp were on the board. later it was Bugsy Combden, Kevin Hall, Wes lofts etc. I enjoyed the company of Sellers, the Dominator, Jimmy Buckley , Harmes and the players of that era. Peter Mconville was a great mate, and a very good plumber too!

And the one thing, that those aforementioned board members, and players were renowned for, was that they would have literally died  to ensure that the pride of the club and the jumper was always upheld.

What we have appearing for us now, are a highly paid bunch of weak as p!!!ss gutless wonders, who as I said lack every skill in the book, but more importantly, lack courage, pride in the jumper, and the mental capacity to overcome all odds.

They will tell you that they tried their hearts out tonight, but bad kicking cost them the game. Yes, bad kicking is bad football, it is inexcusable football, but it isn't the be all and all that explains a loss.

When you line the goal up from 30 metres out directly in front, and miss, it's not the bad kick that let you down, they all know how to kick the bloody thing, it's the lack of concentration and the lack of being able to say to yourself, "I will not miss this shot under any circumstances".

When Levi drops an easy overhead mark in the first quarter on the half forward flank, it's not because he can't mark, we all know he can, it's because he lacks the ability to concentrate for 100 minutes, and this was only about 15 minutes into the game, and he lacks the capacity to say to himself as the ball is coming towards him, "this is mine, no one takes this mark except me, I will not drop it"

What in fact he does, is what they all do. He flies for the mark without that  100%determination and concentration, and drops it.

What happened tonight, would have been unacceptable to the great players I mentioned above. They wouldn't put up with a gutless wonder like Gibbs in the team. Or a brainless twit like Robinson.

I said in another post last last week, that I hoped we did not make the finals, even by default.

Firstly, we don't deserve to be there, and neither do any of the teams below us, and yes that includes North. They look terrific, but when it's all said and done, also lack the mental toughness to win the close ones.

I don't want the Board, such as it is, and the Coach, such as he is, and the match committee, such as they are, giving players who don't deserve it, a second chance, and they may do that if we play finals.

They won't get rid of everyone, but if they don't replace the ones that they do get rid of with players of the ilk of those mentioned above, then the Board needs to be sacked, and the Coach and match commitee should follow them out the door.

I'm not proposing that we will pick up players as good as those that I mentioned, although it would be great if we did, I'm proposing that every player they pick up next year, has to be prepared to almost literally die on the field for the jumper.

But it's not just the jumper that they need to put their heart and soul on the line for, it's us, the people who PAY THEIR FKN WAGES.

I will always support the club in spirit, I'm to old to change and would rather give the game away than change.

But I will not give them one cent of my very hard earned, for next year, until about half way through the season, just before membership closes.

I will want to see, not them necessarily winning every game, they won't do that, but putting their bodies on the line, and playing with fierce determination for the club and the supporters that love the club.

Perhaps if the players loved the club as much as we do, they would not be in the position that we are now.

So much for being unemotional :( :(

Reply #116
Well said! Imagine a team who all play for the jumper! Players who i bellieve do are: simpson, scotland, tohey, duigan, walker, judd, mcclean, cachia, mcguinees, hendo, carrats, kruezer, curnow, laidler and menzel..... Leaves half a team that doesnt!

Reply #117
I don't actually think they lifted, we just kept kicking points. Eventually you run out of chances.

With the side we had in we needed to make the most of it, because we are not that good.

Reply #118
Has Malthouse had a press conference? Can't find one on the afl or fox web sites.

Reply #119
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove this membership right up your farking collective a55es.
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Simmo, you are a gem but the rest of you can go and get farked !!

Well fark off to richmond then! I can understand the frustration as having a bunch of flog mates who are essendon giving me a handful at the moment, but we are not that bad a team. To turn to the dark side because of a loss is inexcusable!

Here we go.....knew someone was bound to use this well-worn nugget of 'wisdom' ::)
Football is life, there is nothing else....