Skip to main content
Topic: MCG Open Day today (Read 3209 times) previous topic - next topic

MCG Open Day today

Hi All. In case you weren't aware and have no other plans, the MCG is opening up  today as part of celebrating 175 years of the MCC. Best of all, you can have a kick around with friends and family on the pitch without copping a $5,000 fine. All free. Gates open 10am to 4pm.

Taking the fella for his first visit to the G today. Looks like good weather too  ;D

http://www.mcg.org.au/Events/Upcoming%20Events/Event%20Details.aspx?eid=43861c9c-d951-47f8-822c-4fc33399e6c5
Keep the Faith

Re: MCG Open Day today

Reply #1
Saw this on TV. 

If I didn't have other sh1t on today I'd get on down for sure.

Reply #2
Saw this on TV. 

Mate. Was a great day out. Got to go into the changing rooms, mcc area, including the Long room and committee rooms, run around and kick the footy on the pitch..some free baseball caps..the whole day was free...great Sunday. Now home and cracked open a cold Peroni. Win!
Keep the Faith

Reply #3
Saw this on TV. 

Mate. Was a great day out. Got to go into the changing rooms, mcc area, including the Long room and committee rooms, run around and kick the footy on the pitch..some free baseball caps..the whole day was free...great Sunday. Now home and cracked open a cold Peroni. Win!

Grouse, right up til the beer at the end (not a fan of Peroni though...put VB on the end of the sentence and it would've been my perfect day!).  ;D 

Certainly a better way to spend a Sunday arvo than cleaning a filthy backyard pool  >:(

Reply #4
Thanks for the tip Woody.

Took the kids in for a few hours, to walk the turf (dodging footies like the old days) and look around in some of the places we are usually excluded from!