Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 17 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs West Coast (Read 4969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 17 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #16
And Honey hasn't kicked a goal in his 3 games since coming back in. If Owies doesn't get up, then maybe Martin comes back in for Honey.

There's not a lot left in the VFL so maybe Hayes comes in for Newnes.

Honey will be good for us, just not this year. After his issues won't be fit enough.

Reply #17
Our cupboard was more empty than Wet Toasts - sure they didn't have have Yeo and Sheed but we are missing plenty too.

Our midfeld is dynamite and Kennedy is our most important player imo.

Reply #18
Our cupboard was more empty than Wet Toasts - sure they didn't have have Yeo and Sheed but we are missing plenty too.

Our midfeld is dynamite and Kennedy is our most important player imo.
MK and George were huge
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
After a rusty start last week it was nice to see Cerra back doing what he does best, distributing.

Reply #20
After a rusty start last week it was nice to see Cerra back doing what he does best, distributing.
Played well and we miss his link play and distribution ability when he is out, just gives us a bit of class delivery going forward that we didnt have on the list previously.

Reply #21
All the strapping on his leg was gone this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #22
Played well and we miss his link play and distribution ability when he is out, just gives us a bit of class delivery going forward that we didnt have on the list previously.
Our hard assed mids really went to work in the last. It was a powerful performance.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #23
Josh Honey will be going back to the 2's next week. he had 4 possessions for the day; 4 handballs and 1 tackle. He did a couple of other things that don't show in the stats, but he really didn't have a good day.
Will Hayes got 5 possessions in half of a quarter. he came on for Newnes.

Durdin only had 10 possessions, but kicked 2 goals and had 5 tackles. His pressure in the forward half is good.

We missed Owies. I hope his injury, whatever it is, comes good sooner rather than later.

Motlop was also much less impressive this week, but he is a work in progress.

To be honest, if we had a full list to choose from, both Honey and Motlop would go back to the VFL. But we haven't had a full list to choose from this century yet.

Weitering will be better for the run. Pity we get only a 6 day break.

Agree with this a fit Cunningham, Martin and Owes makes things interesting!
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #24
Our hard assed mids really went to work in the last. It was a powerful performance.
Agree, we had a nice spread of the workload with our mids which overpowered the WC, led by the captain who really lifted his
game and was the catalyst imho that got us going in the last quarter.

Reply #25
Agree, we had a nice spread of the workload with our mids which overpowered the WC, led by the captain who really lifted his
game and was the catalyst imho that got us going in the last quarter.

Just as good leaders do.
It wasn't that long ago we were exasperated about what looked like a lack of leadership.
What a fast turnaround 👏
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #26
This was the first game of the season where I was genuinely concerned about our chances.  West Coast have been steadily getting their better players back and their performances over the last month or so have been pretty good.  In fact, their best footy is very good, as they showed in the second quarter.

Despite still missing many of our first choice players, our second quarter lapse, and playing on West Coast's own dungheap, we delivered a good old-fashioned flogging.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Kennedy I thought had a good 4-qtrs, Cripps was as good as I have seen in the last, really dominated using his size and strength.

It's amazing what the quartet of midfielders can do when they play together, Cripps, Kennedy, Cerra and Hewett are spectacular.

I said in one of the pre-game threads that we take what BigH and Charlie do for granted, but there are virtually no talls like them outside of Franklin that have the speed, recovery and agility, and I think our guys have Franklin covered at ground level. We saw two great examples today from BigH, the run down, then that crumbing goal that started with him out near the F50 arc.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
I thought Cripps and Walsh were less imposing than usual until the final quarter and then they both turned it on.

TDK was all over NicNat in the first term but not so in the second - definitely came again in the second half.

Saad surprisingly quiet for a change.

Reply #29
Just as good leaders do.
It wasn't that long ago we were exasperated about what looked like a lack of leadership.
What a fast turnaround 👏

Maybe the solution was to get one of, if not the, best leaders of this century in, to tell them how to do it!!!