Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 4814 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Sunday at 1340, a rather odd time. The game is at the MCG, which is positive for us.
Do we fear the wounded Power? They have been embarrassed in recent weeks. But Wines will be out for them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #1
Sunday at 1340, a rather odd time. The game is at the MCG, which is positive for us.
Do we fear the wounded Power? They have been embarrassed in recent weeks. But Wines will be out for them.
If they had Dixon back I would be more concerned but I cant see us losing to them especially being a home game for us.
No doubt they will be tough given their present situation but I think Hinkley must be on the edge of getting the boot and Kochie will be sharpening the axe..

Reply #2
Having Pittonet in for this game could be the difference between winning and not.
Having Cripps out is a huge loss for us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Kennedy and Cerra need to lift. I am sure they will.

Fisher , Martin and Setterfield on thin ice.

Stocker, Dow, Durdin and Kemp ins for me.

Maybe coaching group will see this performance as an aberration and give them one more chance. Interesting to see how this one pans out.

Reply #4
Wines a definite out, and it looks like Lycett will be as well, so the only ruck option they appear to have is a first-gamer.  On the flipside, Robbie Gray is back in.

If we don't win this, all of the good work in the first 3 weeks will largely be evaporated.  Freo in Perth the week after, and we may be back in the pack on 3-3.

But let's be positive and say we'll be 5-1 !
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #5
Wines a definite out, and it looks like Lycett will be as well, so the only ruck option they appear to have is a first-gamer.  On the flipside, Robbie Gray is back in.

If we don't win this, all of the good work in the first 3 weeks will largely be evaporated.  Freo in Perth the week after, and we may be back in the pack on 3-3.

But let's be positive and say we'll be 5-1 !
I'd say Sam Hayes will play his first game as you suggested in the ruck and they will probably include Finlayson to co ruck as well as play forward. The latter kicked goals in the SANFL last game and Hayes is a decent size kid but vs Pittonet will find it tough going.
With Wines and Lycett out we would have no excuses, Port are miserable away from home and really undermanned.

Reply #6
Gonna take a lot to crawl back from 0-5 and an already poor percentage if port lose. 

Reply #7

With Wines and Lycett out we would have no excuses, Port are miserable away from home and really undermanned.
Undermanned sides can be really dangerous.  I have never forgotten the semi-final against Geelong in 1994 when they went in without Couch, Hocking and Brownless, yet they tore us a new one. 

Adversity can be a strong motivating force, and there are no easy games any more. 
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #8
Pretty sure Bairstow might've been also missing that day Tonyo?

Reply #9
Undermanned sides can be really dangerous.  I have never forgotten the semi-final against Geelong in 1994 when they went in without Couch, Hocking and Brownless, yet they tore us a new one. 

Adversity can be a strong motivating force, and there are no easy games any more. 
Michael Mansfield, Garry Hocking, Mark Bairstow and Paul Couch,
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
Despite our strong start to the season, the benevolent society which is CFC will hand Port their fist win, nothing surer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
I'd 'effin hope not GTC

Reply #12
I think the mindset of Cerra, Kennedy, Walsh and Hewitt will be totally different going into a game KNOWING that Cripps is out vs losing him mid match and needing to reset their roles. It shouldn't make a difference.....but it does.

Reply #13
I'd 'effin hope not GTC
I'd like to think Vossy knows them inside out and it should be a huge advantage like Hansen and the WB's.
I'd like to think the new Carlton is different to that old Carlton but...
Been beaten around the head to much by Old Carlton and Sundays effort was just plain unacceptable if we are to earn the respect of the competition.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14
I think the mindset of Cerra, Kennedy, Walsh and Hewitt will be totally different going into a game KNOWING that Cripps is out vs losing him mid match and needing to reset their roles. It shouldn't make a difference.....but it does.
Dont be so sure of Cripps being out. Rumours swirling around that that the scans revealed no damage and will be monitored this week and tested. It suggests to me that were ultra cautious on game day as they thought they could win without him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th