Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 5723 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #105
In the first couple of weeks when Pitto was out we had TDK spending too much time worrying about the tap and opposition rucks, to his detriment. Once he'd relaxed into the job a bit he started to get around the ground and we saw some great results with joining the chain of play out of stoppages. In other words playing to and using his strengths.

I sure hope we don't make him too D50 focussed tonight, and we let him free to force the Cheats to chase him around the ground rather than have him tag a nobody.

I'm confident if we play to our strengths, the Cheats won't get enough F50 footy to worry us.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
If Bolton plays forward for Richmond and Boyd takes him we will get slaughtered....

Good thing we’re playing Essendon EB 🙂

If things go as I expect, Boyd will be back in the VFL for the Richmond game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #107
Don't care if we loose every game after tonight as long as we

WIN TONIGHT.

I hate those cheating f#$$kers.

I'm confident that Vossy will have them in the right headspace and the 5 changes show that complacency will not be tolerated...

PS.... time for Martin to show what he has got....

Reply #108
I can see a CFC team wide cobra recoil if we're challenged and what better pack of mongrels to earn a response like that.   

Reply #109
Good thing we’re playing Essendon EB 🙂

If things go as I expect, Boyd will be back in the VFL for the Richmond game.
I know that DJ, just looking ahead and with Essendon lacking any real small forward threats other than newbie Martin I think Boyd might hold his spot as I think we should take care of Essendon easily.
I feel Stocker is the right man for the backpocket long term and needs to be persevered with rather than in one week out the next week through injury, form, suspension etc and he never seems to get a clear run. Likewise if you are going to play Boyd then play him for a series of games. Obrien isnt my favourite player but has improved with consistent game time, reactive selection to a loss
has seen Dow dropped again, thats not development imho.

Reply #110
I know that DJ, just looking ahead and with Essendon lacking any real small forward threats other than newbie Martin I think Boyd might hold his spot as I think we should take care of Essendon easily.
I feel Stocker is the right man for the backpocket long term and needs to be persevered with rather than in one week out the next week through injury, form, suspension etc and he never seems to get a clear run. Likewise if you are going to play Boyd then play him for a series of games. Obrien isnt my favourite player but has improved with consistent game time, reactive selection to a loss

Writing was on the wall for Dow when we picked up Cerra.

Ill refresh a few memories with the departure of talent from GWS.  They hit the draft hard, collected top tier talent for a few years running.  After 5 years, any that werent starting material started getting traded.

FWIW, we did similar.  We got in the A grade talls in the first draft and started picking mids too.  Started picking up likely types in the next few, that didnt pan out, then got Walsh who is a bonafide gun.  Cunningham will return and that makes spots a bit thin.  SPS has already gone.  Dow is the next cab off the rank with any currency.   Carrol has emerged and is at the same performance level already as Dow.  That means Dow, needs to become a proper walk up starting player and perform accordingly, or he is off for a bright and shiny new draft pick, because we have plenty of midfield depth and probably more mids to come in the draft.  Most mids hit the ground running these days if they are good.  That draft year is just looking a bit ordinary.  Nothing wrong with that, but it means he will likely go, and we will bring in someone from his cohort who complements the list better.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #111
The pick-up of Hayes rather than a tall in the MSD is probably a further indication that Dow may be on the move.

I think we may try to package up Dow with a pick or two to try and attract a quality KPD.
Dow does have currency.
We play him just to give a sight to other sides.
He's not that bad.
He does have a bit of currency...but other teams see that he's behind a few of his current midfield teammates.
To another side lacking a quality midfield he may be worth chasing.

But the way Voss spoke at a recent after match presser suggests he may not be part of his long term plans. 

Reply #112
Selection at this club continues to confuse.
There is just no logic in any of it.

Boyd, who has shown nothing, gets another gig.   What aren't I seeing?  Am I missing something?

I see we've shuffled the deck chairs out on the wings again.  After one poor game. I'd hate to be one of our young outside running players.

Stocker is being played out of position, yet making a fair go of it, and gets dropped.  Why whould he want to hang around?  Dow must be getting disenfranchised as well.

Time for Martin to deliver, enough's enough.  What does Dow need to get the ride this bloke has had?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #113
One week at a time EB, lets deal with this mob of cheats first.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #114
What's the forecast weather over there for tonight's game? I fear a wet/slippery night will bring us back down to their level a bit and reduce the effectiveness of our tall forwards. That said, our bigger bodies in the middle should be able to get on top.

Reply #116
What's the forecast weather over there for tonight's game? I fear a wet/slippery night will bring us back down to their level a bit and reduce the effectiveness of our tall forwards. That said, our bigger bodies in the middle should be able to get on top.

I am in the Yarra Valley and its very cold and very wet. I doubt it would be much better at the G. Good night for the couch, pizza and a bottle of red. 😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #117
Similar to over here....pizza/white wine it is!

Reply #118
Selection at this club continues to confuse.
There is just no logic in any of it.

Boyd, who has shown nothing, gets another gig.   What aren't I seeing?  Am I missing something?

I see we've shuffled the deck chairs out on the wings again.  After one poor game. I'd hate to be one of our young outside running players.

Stocker is being played out of position, yet making a fair go of it, and gets dropped.  Why whould he want to hang around?  Dow must be getting disenfranchised as well.

Time for Martin to deliver, enough's enough.  What does Dow need to get the ride this bloke has had?
Martin usually goes ok first up after a spell and I'd expect him to play well tonight and be reasonable vs Richmond then taper off until he gets injured again and then the cycle repeats.
Agree on Dow, didnt think he was too bad vs the Pies and I would be trying him on the wing which continues to be a problem position/s. Stocker is an important player imo and I dont get the logic especially when its going to be wet and strong bodies needed in the conditions. Boyd is a player who I cant define in any role, backpocket, half back, wing, midfield....I dont see where he specializes or excels in any position.