Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon (Read 5726 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #120
I'm with you EB on Stocker. Sat behind the goals in the game against Collingwood and he was tough and hard at it and clobbered Ginnivan a couple of times off the ball nicely. Yes, his disposal can let him down at times but we seem to have too many offensive type defenders who don't really lock down on opponents and Stocker looks like he can do that. I also floated the idea of Dow on a wing sometime back too....he's got good leg speed. But if he can't find another spot and make it his own, it's hard to see him breaking into the lineup as an inside midfielder.

Reply #121
Foxtel showed 2011 win (Walker's mark of the year, Eddie with 8 goals) and 99 Prelim.  Hope we can replicate those results and not the 93 GF which they also showed,  but I didn't watch that one.

Very easy way to affirm my dislike of tonight's opposition.  

Reply #122
I'm with you EB on Stocker. Sat behind the goals in the game against Collingwood and he was tough and hard at it and clobbered Ginnivan a couple of times off the ball nicely. Yes, his disposal can let him down at times but we seem to have too many offensive type defenders who don't really lock down on opponents and Stocker looks like he can do that. I also floated the idea of Dow on a wing sometime back too....he's got good leg speed. But if he can't find another spot and make it his own, it's hard to see him breaking into the lineup as an inside midfielder.

He only runs hard one way. Pretty sure he's been told it's two way running or he's done. He lopes after people without the ball and explodes with it. The gap is to big.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #123
What's the forecast weather over there for tonight's game? I fear a wet/slippery night will bring us back down to their level a bit and reduce the effectiveness of our tall forwards. That said, our bigger bodies in the middle should be able to get on top.
Unless it rains during the game, it won't have any effect. Sure it's cold, but no difference to any other night recently over here. There's not much wind - maybe a breeze but that's it. Anyone who had just woken up now wouldn't really be tell it was raining earlier today other than by a bit of water in the gutters and damp patches on the road or footpath. I've just walked the dog in an inner city park and the turf was reasonably firm under foot.

The reality is that rain doesn't affect AFL games at the MCG these days given the drainage is so good. Even if the grass is damp, the fact they play with mutliple balls during the game helps to make the balls easier to handle. It might have a minor effect on ball handling but tall forwards with bucket hands won't be worried and it would play into the hands of in-and-under types like Cripps. Scoring in these conditions tends not to drop and our strategy of winning the ball out of the centre and thumping it long to H & Charlie with smalls at their feet won't be hindered. 

Reply #124
McGrath a late out....but as expected. Replaced by Cutler.

Reply #125
The pick-up of Hayes rather than a tall in the MSD is probably a further indication that Dow may be on the move.

I think we may try to package up Dow with a pick or two to try and attract a quality KPD.
Dow does have currency.
We play him just to give a sight to other sides.
He's not that bad.
He does have a bit of currency...but other teams see that he's behind a few of his current midfield teammates.
To another side lacking a quality midfield he may be worth chasing.

But the way Voss spoke at a recent after match presser suggests he may not be part of his long term plans. 

This time last year Kennedy was a goner too.
Just signed a 3 year extension.

If you work hard enough, you can turn it around.
I'm just not seeing it as yet from Dow. We can't gift him games like Bolton did, you gotta earn them now and he isn't.

Trade him to tigers to play with his brother for a pick.
Use that pick and trade it to Geelong (with another pick) and reunite brothers on our end by getting SDK.

Reply #126
Foxtel showed 2011 win (Walker's mark of the year, Eddie with 8 goals) and 99 Prelim.  Hope we can replicate those results and not the 93 GF which they also showed,  but I didn't watch that one.

Very easy way to affirm my dislike of tonight's opposition.

It was easily mark of the year ... but he was robbed of the award.  A disgrace

Reply #127
Bombers showed their new AFLW players.

Can't tell if the people booing were sexist, racist or just don't like traitors.

Maybe the media (or Mav?) can tell me what it is. ;)

Reply #128
This time last year Kennedy was a goner too.
Just signed a 3 year extension.

If you work hard enough, you can turn it around.
I'm just not seeing it as yet from Dow. We can't gift him games like Bolton did, you gotta earn them now and he isn't.

Trade him to tigers to play with his brother for a pick.
Use that pick and trade it to Geelong (with another pick) and reunite brothers on our end by getting SDK.

Saw an interview with SDK the other day.
He kind of put the kibosh on a brotherly reunion.
He's happy as a pig in mud at Geelong.
Loves the place, and said that Tom was equally as happy with us.

Reply #129
Saw an interview with SDK the other day.
He kind of put the kibosh on a brotherly reunion.
He's happy as a pig in mud at Geelong.
Loves the place, and said that Tom was equally as happy with us.

I'd expect him to say nothing else.
But money talks......and players walk.
If a club who finishes (lets say) top 4 comes to you and offers you plenty and sells it that YOU are the missing piece needed to win the flag....can you say no?

Reply #130
Now we are booing James Hird.

Can't be racist, sexist, traitor or because of any on-field efforts....perhaps there is more to this booing thing then the media will lead you to believe.

Reply #131
The pre-game drug cheat hype and pomp is nauseating 🤢
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #132
The pre-game drug cheat hype and pomp is nauseating 🤢

It'll be even worse if they win.
Reality always wins in the end.