Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday) (Read 21929 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Round 2 - Blues v Pies (11 March, Monday holiday)

Reply #165
Can't believe the negativity towards Simpson. The bloke has played over 300 games for Carlton and I reckon you could count the number of bad ones in that lot on your fingers. He has an ordinary practice game and all of a sudden we want him gone? Without Docherty (again), he is a crucial part of the backline....maybe not as the best player but someone with experience...and it's not like we're flushed with that down back at the moment.

If Walsh had've nailed that shot and we'd won (a practice game) would we be talking the same way?

And someone posted yesterday that "Rankine would've kicked that"......he's done a hammy and likely to miss 8 weeks!

Reply #166
I didn't think any of our boys actually played a better than average game by their own standards.

Cripps and Jones were solid, SPS was good, Cunningham played his role and Simpson really struggled under pressure.

Fair enough.

I thought they got hold of us a couple of times but we generally controlled the tempo and played the game on our terms.  A lot of Collingwood possessions were inconsequential and I think that making that last shot at goal would have produced a fair result - neither team really deserved to win.

The way I saw the game, Simmo worked his way up decent form in the second half and was critical in several chains of possessions.  It was certainly not one of his better games but I’d still include him in our best players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #167
Can't believe the negativity towards Simpson. The bloke has played over 300 games for Carlton and I reckon you could count the number of bad ones in that lot on your fingers. He has an ordinary practice game and all of a sudden we want him gone? Without Docherty (again), he is a crucial part of the backline....maybe not as the best player but someone with experience...and it's not like we're flushed with that down back at the moment.

If Walsh had've nailed that shot and we'd won (a practice game) would we be talking the same way?

And someone posted yesterday that "Rankine would've kicked that"......he's done a hammy and likely to miss 8 weeks!

Thanks for that info WA - it's my fantasy league PSD tonight, saved me picking him and wasting 8 weeks!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #168
Walsh is streets ahead of Rankine :P
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #169

Yes I know BP but I don't think he will last until my pick unfortunately. I think he'll go P1 and I have P3 as my first one.

Reply #170
Yes I know BP but I don't think he will last until my pick unfortunately. I think he'll go P1 and I have P3 as my first one.
Sorry Mr Monster I wasn't having a go at you but more to the comment of Ranking would've kicked it.
I'm very happy we chose Walsh and not Rankine or Lukosis.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #171
Sorry Mr Monster I wasn't having a go at you but more to the comment of Ranking would've kicked it.
I'm very happy we chose Walsh and not Rankine or Lukosis.

No worries BP - I am also very happy we got Walsh.  :)

Reply #172
 I was clearly joking about Rankine kicking it.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #173
I'm almost happier that we lost yesterday.

Hopefully we get a little more underestimated than if we'd finished JLT with 2 wins. Tigs can get a bit ahead of themselves as we've seen.

Reply #174
I'm almost happier that we lost yesterday.

Hopefully we get a little more underestimated than if we'd finished JLT with 2 wins. Tigs can get a bit ahead of themselves as we've seen.

The last time we beat them in R1 was 2012. And the coach was......  :D

However far ahead of themselves they get, I doubt they'll lose. 

Reply #175
The last time we beat them in R1 was 2012. And the coach was......  :D

However far ahead of themselves they get, I doubt they'll lose.

Chin up Paul, the real footy's about to start!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #177
I was clearly joking about Rankine kicking it.

Must've jinxed him, he's done his hamstring tendon and out for a while.

Reply #178

Managed to get him tonight for my fantasy team after all!  :)