Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 33283 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #30
Why do we have so few posters on after a win but if we have a bad loss ???? ???? ????

Reply #31
Why do we have so few posters on after a win but if we have a bad loss ???? ???? ????

;D
I was just thinking that too.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #32

Venting is what folks enjoy most about a footy forum. Winning is definitely bad for business.

Reply #33
If you think this place heats up after a bad loss, check out out bumberblitz.... They want to feed Worsfold to the sharks.   Take the hate and vitriol of this site and multiply it by 100.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Amazing how it helps having a properly structured side. We win and nearly kick 100.

Reply #35
If you think this place heats up after a bad loss, check out out bumberblitz.... They want to feed Worsfold to the sharks.   Take the hate and vitriol of this site and multiply it by 100.

That is one of the pleasures of playing Essendon...lol.

Reply #36
Amazing how it helps having a properly structured side. We win and nearly kick 100.

Helps too when the opposition is rubbish and the opposition coach is clueless... ;)

Reply #37
A win is a win is a win. Yes, we did beat a mob on their knees but they did throw everything at us and did head us in the last qtr. Character and persistence. We made some grand mistakes and tried to help them goal at times, but the effort from our boys was first rate. Considering the lack of experienced blokes out there for us, we ground it out really well.

Good to see SPS wake up to himself during the game, now to build on that for next week.

Kreuz, Crippa and Ed were so solid and strong and led the way brilliantly... along with Daisy.

H is the real deal.

Lamb ruined Goddards day...  >:D

We need more from Plowman, seems to be in a rut.

Along with Charlie (and H) Dow and O'Brien are rippers.

You put Murphy, Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank and Pickett in that side... ah, to dream. But we must get more muscle in the guts to help out Crippa at this year's draft, especially someone with a few seasons experience also.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #38
Helps too when the opposition is rubbish and the opposition coach is clueless... ;)

When they beat the crows in R1 we all thought they could go deep into September.

7 rounds on and they look like finishing bottom 4.

Footys a funny game. 

Reply #39

It's the way it works :D
As Paul says
...losing is good for business.

A week after we win the flag the forum will be redundant :(

Reply #40
Amazing what some drive from half back adds to your game.   Simmo and Daisy were excellent, although Thomas did make some critical errors that ended in goals.   Looks like we have finally found the ideal role for him in his twilight years.

I didn't see Plow's first half but thought his second half was OK (confidence?).  Jones had a good day but he is either BOG or WOG with nothing in between. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
Yep they don't muck around over there at bomber blitz do they?

I don't know if I've ever read a more entertaining footy forum. E.g.

Sack Woosha NOW. FFS. Been crying for three weeks but there is nowhere to hide now. Then sack the people responsible for the extension. Then sack every single assistant coach. Then sack the fitness staff. In fact every single person in the football department can go.

Then let Myers, Baguley, Goddard know their services are no longer required effective immediately.
Put Heppell, Zaka and Hurley on notice.
Inform Langford, Clarke, Begley et al that they will be playing AFL effective immediately until the end of the season. At which time their futures will be determined. If they are not up to standard then they are gone.

This club is a joke and it starts with our coach. Fair Dinkum nut job.

Reply #42
Just treated myself to half an hour in Bomberblitz.

Reply #43
Been celebrating. ;D

Just got home.

What a bloody ripper.
 :D :D
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #44

Indeed. Many of us thought we'd picked a side to win. Unlike previous games.

What impressed me most was the ability to vary the intensity. Something we've lacked IMO. We lifted when the heat was on and stayed the course in between times. Perhaps ommitting players who are injured/out of form, and giving solid VFL players a run has paid off. Kerridge, Lamb, Lang, and even Mullet played their roles. Combined with great leadership in the centre and  solid bookend contributions by Daisy, Rowe, Wright n co, meant our youngsters had regular opportunities.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.