Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547228 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1350
Yet we are the villains of world cricket. While they are the number 1 team in the world. If their players used sandpaper on the ball a couple of players would have missed 1 test (maybe). Therein lies the difference, and why we will never again be the number 1 test team in the world

Reply #1351
Yep and our players did get one match. ACB added the rest.

Reply #1352
Gutsy effort that,  takes a lot of application to bat five sessions in searing heat on a busted up deck. Batting out draws (tine)  is not something we are good at.

Old idiom in cricket... You can't win a test in a session but you can certainly lose one.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1353
Australia as part of Australian Cricket might be in trouble, but Shield and First Class cricket is back and it's a ripper!

I'm pegging some good times ahead for Australian Test cricket, once we remove the final remnants of the past! Hint, hint!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1354
202 not out for Will Pucovski for Vic vs WA, haven't seen much of him but he's starting to put up some good numbers. Only 20 years old

Reply #1355
Grow a pair Langer,  ditch the Marsh boys,  they just aren't good enough.  No more excuses,  no more fluff. Drop 'me.

Reply #1356
Grow a pair Langer,  ditch the Marsh boys,  they just aren't good enough.  No more excuses,  no more fluff. Drop 'me.

Yep, you know what they say about the definition if insanity..................!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1357
Marsh boys amongst the runs again.....NOT.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1358
Sons of a mate, going to have to do more than that to get dropped

Reply #1359
Geoff Marsh has too much influence.  Sorry mate. Your boys are duds,  they must be dropped.   That's what happens to batsmen that don't make runs,  it isn't personal,  that's the game.

Reply #1360
Well, letting the Pakis off the hook, and then collapsing like a pack of cards is not the sort of thing followers of cricket want to see.
Not many safe spots in the team at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1361
Geoff Marsh has too much influence.  Sorry mate. Your boys are duds,  they must be dropped.   That's what happens to batsmen that don't make runs,  it isn't personal,  that's the game.

While I agree in the intent, the problem this test wasn't just the batting it was also the bowling. That 1st Innings total by Pakistan was way over par on that pitch. but the media is patting the bowlers on the back!

I said this for a while now, and it is biting us again. We have no effective new ball bowlers at the moment. Starc sprays it like underarm deodorant, Siddle just doesn't have that extra bit of pace he needs for the top level.

The batting was atrocious, but the bowling wasn't much better!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1362
Agreed,  should have been all out for 120.

Holland has had no penetration,  Starc's inaccuracy is an issue and don't get me started on the third seamer...the gun "no rounder".

The all rounder in this series should have been a spinning all-rounder like a Maxwell,  not Langer's love child.

Why isn't Head bowling a few overs, he's handy.

Can't win games playing men short.   Bad selection - again.

Reply #1363
Can't argue with any of that Prof. Question is will we ever learn and change the way we select teams?

Reply #1364
While I agree in the intent, the problem this test wasn't just the batting it was also the bowling. That 1st Innings total by Pakistan was way over par on that pitch. but the media is patting the bowlers on the back!

I said this for a while now, and it is biting us again. We have no effective new ball bowlers at the moment. Starc sprays it like underarm deodorant, Siddle just doesn't have that extra bit of pace he needs for the top level.

The batting was atrocious, but the bowling wasn't much better!

Yeah, but at least we have the bowlers that can come in to that lineup who are test class when fit (Hazelwood, Cummings) .....sadly our batting stocks are, & have been for some time, atrocious.  The presence of Steve Smith has papered over gaping cracks for too long.  Our high-middle order collapses are now becoming the norm rather than the exception.  First round of Shield cricket has so far seen 1 score of 100 plus, and that from a bloke who was discarded for not doing much wrong in the first place.  Glad that Finch has fought for his spot, he should stay there for the summer.  Renshaw has to come in for S.Marsh at the very least & someone scoring runs in Shield has to be given a go for M.Marsh.

These collapses are just not acceptable in the slightest.

(woops...edited...I just saw the 243 from Pucovski ....that's the sort of stuff I want to see !)

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.