Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2020: Pre Game Perfidy: Carlton vs. Dogs? (Read 3987 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 2 2020: Pre Game Perfidy: Carlton vs. Dogs?

Reply #15
Not bad...like TDK at FF and Pittonet in the ruck, Williamson is worth a shot down back, at least he might try and mind a man.

EB they have to try something different. We have supposedly added depth, farken use it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
EB they have to try something different. We have supposedly added depth, farken use it.
One area we went backwards depth wise was in the ruck.

Phillips out
Lobbe out
Pittonet in......and that was it.

Reply #17
One area we went backwards depth wise was in the ruck.

Phillips out
Lobbe out
Pittonet in......and that was it.

but both TDK and Levi have 'improved'....

don't see an issue.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18

don't see an issue.
Isn't it ironic how two of the biggest whipping boys (Cas and Jones) are now two of our most pivotal players. Good stories.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Not a bad side Gic.

I'd be happy to see that side run out.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #20
The problem every side faces from now on is that anyone that is brought in has had NO match exposure for x number of weeks. Therefore Stocker, who player almost no Marsh matches and possibly only part of a NB practice match is in form and ready to go? These will be hard calls all year. They are also saying if it’s 9 days, Harry will be ready. He’s got nowhere to practice, so does he come straight in????

Reply #21

don't see an issue.
If you own 2 pairs of shoes and 1 gets wet, you have a dry pair to change into.
If you sell those shoes and upgrade them to the best shoes going around and they get wet... what do you do?
Your shoes have been 'improved' over what you had before, but now youre in a situation which I means you have none.
Regardless of how good they are, you always need a backup.

Reply #23

don't see an issue.
Blind men do not fear the dark!

Pittonet, TDK and Levi are not SpecialK, especially around the ground, we best have a significantly revised midfield / stoppage plan or we're going to get roasted. SpecialK was winning the ruck early Thursday night and we still got roasted, imagine if we'd lost the ruck it could easily have been a 10 goal or more Qtr for Nthmond!

Pittonet isn't as mobile, he is more of a Mumford aggro type, we need him to be primarily aggressive and hopeful not take out too many team-mates in the process. He has a similar match day flaw to Levi, after the jump they pause for a moment before they make their next move, a fatal flaw if you're a boxer and one that even B-Grade rucks can take advantage of if they are well coached to do so.

TDK is a toothpick, he best be jumping and running, hopefully without hurting his back, and getting on his bike as much as possible.

Levi needs to be tackling a lot lot more, using his size and strength, and pushing hard forward or defensively to make himself the man at marking contests. Someone needs to coach him to realise that jumping in the ruck is the start of the next action not the end of the first.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
It will be at least 16 weeks until Kreuzer is available: he has broken a bone in his foot. Therefore Tom de Koning and marc Pittonet are going to get a lot of game time.
I'd be tempted to include both on them for the Dogs: English is going to be an excellent player, but he doesn't have the physique yet. A physical player on him? Maybe.

I would drop Paddy Dow, and if he doesn't improve soon, I'd be looking to trade him while he has value. He needs time playing, and the VFL won't be playing for weeks. Just what we don't need.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
It will be at least 16 weeks until Kreuzer is available: he has broken a bone in his foot. Therefore Tom de Koning and marc Pittonet are going to get a lot of game time.
If the numbers are bad do not be surprised to find Rnd 2 becomes weeks or even months away.

If just one player gets a positive test it will be like F1, canned!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
My side for this week, nuffs enuff

Sam Philp, Tom Williamson and Tom DeKoning are all great inclusions.

With respect to Stocker, during the preseason Teague mentioned that he was a fair way off the pace, which was surprising as Stocker gives the impression that he’s prepared to do the work to make it and from what I’ve seen he has the ability. I’m also not sure how a player forces his way into the side without a VFL competition. Presumably they’re playing internal scratch matches on the weekend and if so the club should release video of these matches.

Also don’t think we can go into our next game with all of TDK, Casboult, Pittonet, Moore and McGovern.

Subject to Stocker being ready to play, I’d ditch Moore and reintroduce one of LOB, Fisher, Setterfield or Dow.

Reply #27
Wonder if the AFL will consider trying to play all games out of one state.

Reply #28
Isn't it ironic how two of the biggest whipping boys (Cas and Jones) are now two of our most pivotal players. Good stories.

Love it.
My dream is Dow, and LOB to a lesser extent, can do the same.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
Wonder if the AFL will consider trying to play all games out of one state.

One state, one stadium!