Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 39411 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Saturday May 21
7:25 PM
Etihad Stadium

Surely we can't make it 5 in a row, against an undefeated team ?

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
North looked a bit shaky in the last quarter yesterday.

Do we "Dare to dream"?

Logic says they'll be too strong...but it's an illogical game...and it's hard to maintain long winning streaks.
Even so I'll be happy if we give them a huge fright. ;)

Reply #2
North looked a bit shaky in the last quarter yesterday.

Do we "Dare to dream"?

Logic says they'll be too strong...but it's an illogical game...and it's hard to maintain long winning streaks.
Even so I'll be happy if we give them a huge fright. ;)

Weeters back next week, supposedly - but their forward line is a big worry. It will require going above and beyond by our defenders and mids to ensure they have minimal F50 entries.

Reply #3
Weitering, Jaksch in for Casboult and Jammo. Cripps probably and out so Graham.

Rowe on Brown, Weitering on Petrie and Plowman for Waite.

Reply #4
Weitering, Jaksch in for Casboult and Jammo. Cripps probably and out so Graham.

Rowe on Brown, Weitering on Petrie and Plowman for Waite.

Maybe Kruezer might need some help.....Goldstein is a step up from Trengrove....more of a staircase.....pity Philips isnt available...
Had a crazy thought to promote Korchek....just tell him to run into a few Nth players..Lindsay Thomas and Jarrod Waite are two that come to mind...

Reply #5
6 day turnaround doesn't help.  They'll look at Simon White and Dylan B as well.

Has Jaksch done enough to be rewarded a role in the firsts?

Reply #6
Maybe Kruezer might need some help.....Goldstein is a step up from Trengrove....more of a staircase.....pity Philips isnt available...
Had a crazy thought to promote Korchek....just tell him to run into a few Nth players..Lindsay Thomas and Jarrod Waite are two that come to mind...
You're a nasty man EB...and I love you're thinking. ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
6 day turnaround doesn't help.  They'll look at Simon White and Dylan B as well.

Has Jaksch done enough to be rewarded a role in the firsts?

Nth are a very tall team and have added Daw to their lineup in recent times..Jamo is out of form, Weitering I would hold over for another week...
Jaksch has probably been ok in a very brittle NB's team without being great but this is his chance to step back into senior footy...Liam Jones embraced the challenge
so I reckon KJ needs to show he has some character and do the same..

Reply #8
Gotta bring in White and Jaksch to help out with our 'talls' against North.

Reply #9
You're a nasty man EB...and I love you're thinking. ;)

GTC..there is that element of nastiness that makes me think about Korchek and a hatred for Lindsay sniper Thomas but also the only times I have seen Goldstein struggle have been vs opponents who have some  aggression in their style of play...MKvs TG will be a battle of skills only and you would favour the Nth man to come out on top...Rowe will get smashed if he rucks..
5-7 mins a quarter from the awkward raw Korchek going full bore might throw TG out..Max Gawn really worried TG and even though TG went forward and kicked goals I thought Gawn smashed him in the ruck by being awkward and physical....Goldstein avoided body contact and looked uncomfortable IMO.
Mason Cox while more advanced that Korchek has given Collingwood something and I just reckon while we are on a roll I'd be prepared to roll the dice and be inventive...

Reply #10
Gotta bring in White and Jaksch to help out with our 'talls' against North.

Thinking Weitering and Jaksch.

Reply #11
Omen.....

Last time North started 8-0, in 1978, they played Carlton, who were 3-5, in round 9. We pumped them by 10 goals!

North is vulnerable and more than "due" for a loss.

Reply #12
Thinking Weitering and Jaksch.

I'm thinking Weitering and White.   :P
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #14
I hope our medicos can pull off some miracles, but I fear we may lose Casboult, Cripps, Kreuzer, maybe Byrne and maybe Plowman. If that is the case, then we are seriously screwed.
Jaksch has probably done enough to get a recall, but that is stretching things somewhat. But someone has to play forward.
White is a very high probability to come back.
Weitering is a possible, but no certainty. we are better with him, that is clear.
Graham is the logical replacement for Cripps.
Not sure we have a replacement of any sort for Kreuzer if he doesn't come up. Wood, Phillips and Gorringe were all missing yesterday and are not high probabilities to play. Korchek isn't ready yet. Next year maybe.

That sounds so down after such a good effort today. However, I do not think North are unbeatable. They were rubbish for almost a half against Essendon, who are rubbish.
Live Long and Prosper!