Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 41746 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #75
I think Levi's debut was in a similar ruck crisis  situation in 2012 when both Kreuzer and Warnock were injured.
If Gorringe in available, pick him,  if he's still injured, pick Wood.
Probably way early, but if we concede that we re probably going to get smashed in the ruck anyway, an the two guys mentioned above aren't available, would it be worth even considering the young American dude Korchek just so there's a big body to compete against Goldstein, and jus tell our mids to rove to Goldy's taps.
We need Rowe down back due to North's triple pronged attack of Petrie, Waite and Brown

Reply #76
Gorringe may be our only option in the ruck.

Wood has been injured and is a rookie. I am not sure we have a LTI vacancy on the senior list to upgrade him.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #77
Hmm, rucking Rowe is sacrificing three positions, CHB, CHF and the Ruck.

Perhaps the best deal is to rotate all three remaining talls through the ruck heavily, and leave Goldstein without a set opponent to be never quite sure what he will be up against.

Otherwise, bring the big American in and let him tag Goldstein to hell! Probably a loss, but it will be a great learning experience and it's unlikely to affect our 4 goal win! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Hmm, rucking Rowe is sacrificing three positions, CHB, CHF and the Ruck.

Perhaps the best deal is to rotate all three remaining talls through the ruck heavily, and leave Goldstein without a set opponent to be never quite sure what he will be up against.

Otherwise, bring the big American in and let him tag Goldstein to hell! Probably a loss, but it will be a great learning experience and it's unlikely to affect our 4 goal win! :D

The American is a rookie and can't come in!
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #79
The American is a rookie and can't come in!

That's a pity, could have been interesting seeing him out there giving Goldy a bit of attention.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #80
Heard on the news last night Crippa was scanned and cleared of any major knee issues. Still must be some doubt considering he was scanned and didn't seem right walking on the vision I saw.

Has'nt been mentioned much in the media or on here but he is leading the AFL in clearances and missed a match as well. Not bad for a player who just notched up he's 30th game!  And I think he has been limited with his knee all year.

Also on twitter Waite was having a scan as well.  He is one player I would love to not have to contain.

Considering the odds against us getting a win this week is it worth resting a few in partiuclar Cripps and give Weiters at least one more weeks off.

We have 2 very winnable games after North and Geelong would prefer to play the kids in the next 2 and rest all those not 100% so we go into the winnable games as healthy as we can.

Reply #81
i
I think Levi's debut was in a similar ruck crisis  situation in 2012 when both Kreuzer and Warnock were injured.
If Gorringe in available, pick him,  if he's still injured, pick Wood.
Probably way early, but if we concede that we re probably going to get smashed in the ruck anyway, an the two guys mentioned above aren't available, would it be worth even considering the young American dude Korchek just so there's a big body to compete against Goldstein, and jus tell our mids to rove to Goldy's taps.
We need Rowe down back due to North's triple pronged attack of Petrie, Waite and Brown

Plenty of players to bring in to play in defence. Rowe will be very, very badly needed elsewhere. Jammo, Jaksch and Plowman, or even White can play in defence. A smaller player in defence can exploit North's triple pronged tall attack and run off them if we wanted to go that way. Let them worry about us. If Wood is fit then Rowe will play Casboult's old role. If he's not he'll get to play against the game's premier ruckman. Rove to Goldstein as you can still win the clearances.

Reply #82
@GTC

Ouch! That defence looks a little shakey GTC. Could we rob the ruck to shore it up a bit?  ;)

We have nothing to rob in the ruck. That defence looks ok to me. White and Plowman will be ok, Jammo's a worry because of his body hence his form but that's been the case for a few weeks. Our defence as a team has been as good as any and functioned pretty well with Dixon and Westoff there last week while Rowe went forward/rucked. Can always put Jaksch back there. He marks as well as anyone, and can be shunted forward at anytime.

Reply #83
I wouldn't be resting Cripps.
I know its hard to say as North are still unbeaten, but they haven't been playing absolutely out of this world football.
If we  can break even or even with the midfield battle, and get our forward defensive wall going, we re  a chance to sneak this one.
The media have gone nuts about us since Sunday, so hope  Bolts and the boys have their feet still planted firmly on the Ikon Park turf.
Win this, and we ll absolutely shock the competition.

Reply #84
I wouldn't be resting Cripps.
I know its hard to say as North are still unbeaten, but they haven't been playing absolutely out of this world football.
If we  can break even or even with the midfield battle, and get our forward defensive wall going, we re  a chance to sneak this one.
The media have gone nuts about us since Sunday, so hope  Bolts and the boys have their feet still planted firmly on the Ikon Park turf.
Win this, and we ll absolutely shock the competition.

Agree, it would be a massive statement and I reckon Bolts is just itching to make it! Can't wait for the game, I reckon the boys will be desperate - maybe we ain't seen nothin' yet?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #85
Out - Casboult, Kreuzer

In - Gorringe, Jaksch

Reply #86
I absolutely think we can win this.

Our set-ups and structures allow us to win plenty of contested ball, we lock it in the forward line and I think our defence can handle Norf's talls.

They are just going and as each week goes, pressure builds on being undefeated.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #87

Our set-ups and structures allow us to win plenty of contested ball, we lock it in the forward line and I think our defence can handle Norf's talls.

This
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88

I like your optimism, but I reckon our run will end this week. North are a cut above our recent opposition, and with our injuries, we'll be scrambling just to get a decent team on the park.

If North actually bother to play half decently, they will win. I'm sure one half of the Kray Twins would've have put a rocket up everyone's clacker - they will be switched on and on notice.

Blue4life has a point - top 4 in consecutive seasons, 8-0 is no fluke. I know they're due for a tumble, but not against us I'm afraid.

None of which is any way a criticism of our boys.

Reply #89
I like your optimism, but I reckon our run will end this week. North are a cut above our recent opposition, and with our injuries, we'll be scrambling just to get a decent team on the park.

If North actually bother to play half decently, they will win. I'm sure one half of the Kray Twins would've have put a rocket up everyone's clacker - they will be switched on and on notice.

Blue4life has a point - top 4 in consecutive seasons, 8-0 is no fluke. I know they're due for a tumble, but not against us I'm afraid.

None of which is any way a criticism of our boys.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  We've been decimated injury wise in one game & with Weit & Phillips still out, we'll struggle.  Just a matter of cattle. 

Had to be this one didn't it, jeez I'd have loved to stick it to Waite & Petrie & Thomas, & Scott Thompson and.....heck, I really don't like these any of these jokers at all !

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.