Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 48930 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Ready for Sunday. Wish I were there.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
Incredible!
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #2
First win at Etihad against the Cats! Really dented their premiership aspirations! Wonder what Henderson thinks now!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
I was out at lunch and following the game on my mobile. Just got back home to listen to the last few minutes on the radio. Ridiculously good win by the boys.

Very glad to have egg on my face after tipping the Cats. Terrific effort by the boys. Very well done.

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #4
While we are only just starting our journey with a bit to go we are now a real football team again!

Reply #5
Murphy had barely a touch: I assume he was injured. That makes this result stand out even more! Not to mention that 2 cripples had to play!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
@Crash...
Murphy did his ankle after just 9 minutes.
Sumner made it to 20mins before suffering a similar fate.

2 on the bench all game.

Army injured late and a couple others required treatment.

One word - GUTSY.

Reply #7
Goes to show just how horrific the decision to let Mick Malthouse get his hands on this club was imo.

Players like Gibbs are reinvigorated and playing like they are in the top few mids in the competition, yet everyone wanted them gone. Kreuzer breaks the record for tackles by any Carlton player in a game vs Geelong.. KREUZER!!!

In the last quarter it still would not have bothered me if Cats had overrun us (well it would have, but I still would have been stoked with the effort by this group to that stage), but instead we were still the better team in the last as well.

Bolton is already shoe-in for Coach of the Year imo, with no disrespect to Roos, Scott, Scott or anyone else.
He turned one of the least competitive units in the competition into a real football team again, 2 years earlier than ANYONE could have imagined.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #8
Good to see the naysayers in the in game thread eating their words!

Go Blues, club spirit has returned!

Sam Rowe, best bugger all possession game of all time!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Just looking at the stats: the 1st chance I've had:
Gibbs: 34 possessions and 8 tackles!
Curnow: 29 possessions and 9 tackles!
Docherty: 29 possessions and 8 marks
Cripps: 29 possessions and 7 tackles!
Kreuzer: 14 possessions, 18 taps and 11 tackles! (only 1 mark :( )
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
@Crash...
Murphy did his ankle after just 9 minutes.
Sumner made it to 20mins before suffering a similar fate.

2 on the bench all game.

Army injured late and a couple others required treatment.

One word - GUTSY.
With 2 on the bench for most of the game, and 2 very suspect big men, that says something about the SPIRIT in this group!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Just looking at the stats: the 1st chance I've had:
Kreuzer: 14 possessions, 18 taps and 11 tackles! (only 1 mark :( )

What a spud, bring back Warnock! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12
Goes to show just how horrific the decision to let Mick Malthouse get his hands on this club was imo.

Players like Gibbs are reinvigorated and playing like they are in the top few mids in the competition, yet everyone wanted them gone. Kreuzer breaks the record for tackles by any Carlton player in a game vs Geelong.. KREUZER!!!

In the last quarter it still would not have bothered me if Cats had overrun us (well it would have, but I still would have been stoked with the effort by this group to that stage), but instead we were still the better team in the last as well.

Bolton is already shoe-in for Coach of the Year imo, with no disrespect to Roos, Scott, Scott or anyone else.
He turned one of the least competitive units in the competition into a real football team again, 2 years earlier than ANYONE could have imagined.

Great post MIO - nice to have you back around.

Reply #13
Crazy ass win. One of the best I can remember.

Reply #14
One of the best 4 qtr consistent efforts I have seen for a while, no real lapses in concentration , team game , team win