Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 5401 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond

OK, guys. All ready for tomorrow.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

:)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 1: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
I'll be voting tomorrow. I have to get to bed.
Cripps, Charlie Curnow and Simmo are going to feature highly. We lost a lot when Kennedy went off and more when Kreuzer went down. He was winning the ruck clearly until he was hurt. We missed his dominance.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Team B

5 Cripps
3 Simpson
2 C. Curnow
2 Marchbank
2 Wright
1 Garlett

I can’t remember a time that it was so hard voting for a loss. Wanted to include so many more blokes. Honorable mentions to; E. Curnow, Thomas, Fisher and Jones.

Reply #3
Cripps - 3   (always been a beast, but his marking is becoming very good)
Simmo - 3 (again showed his desperation and ability to take the game on - legend of the club - shows you don't have to be big to have a crack)
C.Curnow - 2 (5 goals - and he's got better games in him - lookout)
Wright - 2 (5 goals for a small fwd who's not even particularly quick - a real opportunist)
Marchbank - 2 (great intercept marking - and roaming up and down the ground more now - if he gets better we're in for a real treat)
Fisher - 1 (a real terrier and a goer)
Thomas - 1 (has footy smarts and plays for the team - and was robbed blind by the umps on 2 occasions)
Kreuzer - 1 (a shame he got injured and missed a quarter or so of footy)

Reply #4
Team B

3 - Cripps
3 - Marchbank
3 - C.Curnow
3 - Wright
2 - Fisher
1 - Thomas

Very even performance, but I thought all the above gave us four quarters. I'd love to give Simmo some votes, but I'm struggling with his use of the footy, and he gets and uses it so much it really cost us when he's not hitting targets or making bad decisions. He did a lot of nice things, punctuated by some stuff a 1st year might do.

We really needed a couple of other options coming off the HBF, even though he has hardly played I think we missed Pickett badly. Byrne is not much value if he's anchored in defence, and Plowman isn't really a line breaker. It was too easy for Nthmond to stop our run, they just had their mids and forwards hang back, not press too deep and set up a wall.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Team B+

5 - Cripps
4 - Simpson
3 - C Curnow
2 - Marchbank
1 - E Curnow

5 goals and no vote... apologies Matty Wright
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #6
Team C+

Cripps 6
C Curnow 3
Simmo 3
Marchbank 1
Wright 1
Kruezer 1 

Reply #7
Team B

Cripps-        5
C Curnow-   4
Marchbank-  3
Thomas-      1
Wright-        1
Simmo-       1
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #8
Team: C

5 - Cripps
4 - Curnow, C
3 - Wright
2 - Simpson
1 - Curnow, E

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Team:   C+[/c]
We played about as well as you can while not winning. We were the better team for much of the night; we just couldn’t keep it up. We didn’t give in.
There was a lot to like. But I am still massively down. I hate losing to those Zeros.

Votes:
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps
[2.5]   Kade Simpson
[2.5]   Charlie Curnow
[1.5]   Matthew Wright
[1]   Zac Fisher
[1]   Marc Murphy
[1]   Caleb Marchbank
[1]   Ed Curnow
[0.5]   Dale Thomas
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[0.5]   Matthew Kreuzer
[0.5]   Jarrod Garlett

Explanations:
[2.5]   Patrick Cripps:   Cripps was BOG. He had almost 40 possessions and that included 25 or more contested possessions. He took some nice marks. The only thing he did wrong were a couple of very ordinary kicks. Alas, they turned the ball over.
[2.5]   Kade Simpson:   Simmo was fantastic. He managed to get so much ball and beat his opponents comfortably. Alas, Simmo too had a number of very bad turnovers that cost us.
[2.5]   Charlie Curnow:   5 goals from Charlie Curnow, including 10 marks, shows that this lad has what it takes.
[1.5]   Matthew Wright:   5 goals is also Matthew Wright’s career best effort. He was reasonably quiet but for his goals. But he was a real danger all night.
[1]   Zac Fisher:   21 classy and deadly possessions. Every time he got it, something happened.
[1]   Marc Murphy:   Murphy didn’t have a huge night, but his running game was excellent. He was definitely the better of the 2 captains.
[1]   Caleb Marchbank:   A couple of huge quarters and a lot of marks and spoils. Very solid.
[1]   Ed Curnow:   Like a few of our better players, Ed was let down by his disposal at times. However, he got the ball and pressured his opponents into oblivion.
[0.5]   Dale Thomas:   Daisy has his issues and his distractors, but few people could complain about his effort this week. His disposal was much better than it has been of late.
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Another glimpse of the future. Sammo was dynamic. He just needs to produce more of it.
[0.5]   Matthew Kreuzer:   When Kreuzer got hurt we started losing the centre clearances. I hate that. In the first half he completely dominated Nankervis.
[0.5]   Jarrod Garlett:   Ran out of gas a bit, but remained a dynamic and dangerous player. He did some very nice things.

Honourable Mentions:
Paddy Dow:   A promising beginning from the lad. He didn’t look out of place and stuffed up 1 kick badly. He will be better for the outing.
Levi Casboult:   Levi’s 1st half was terrible. He couldn’t get near it and couldn’t hold any marks. After half time he lifted hugely. In fact, all of his possessions came after half time. His ruckwork was good at times, but fell away a little in the last quarter.
Bam Bam Kennedy:   Very dangerous until he got injured.
Liam Jones:   This was not one of Liam Jones’ best nights. He was kept out of marking contests too much, and tunnelled repeatedly without getting any frees. But he still produced some moments of true magic.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
Team C

Cripps 4
Wright 3
Charlie 3
Simpson 3
Marchbank 2

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Team c+

5 cripps
3 marchbank
2 curnowfides
2 wright
2 Murphy
1 Simpson

Reply #12
B

5 Cripps
4 Simpson
2 Marchbank
2 Curnow
1 Kreuzer
1 Wright

Had to edit my votes as I forgot about Wright.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
Cripps 5
Simmo 4
Marchbank 3
C Curnow 2
Wright 1

Team B-

Reply #14
C+

4: Cripps
4: Simpson
3: C.Curnow
2: Wright
1: E.Curnow
1: Kruezer (losing him when we did effectively ended our chances)

HMs: Daisy, CalebM and SPS