Skip to main content
Topic: The Rebuild- Which team wins? (Read 3606 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Rebuild- Which team wins?

Reply #15
The 2015 team would win. More experienced and Judd would drag them over the line. Carrots would harass and intimidate most of the 2018 team barring Cripps. We have a long way to go.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Darcy Lang a walk up start once fit....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
On current form our 2015 team wouldn't even get on the Park.

Let's face it, the names are pie in the sky stuff.

Had we gone down this road in 2012 when we should have we might have come out the other side already.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
2018 by 5 goals. Evolution.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
On current form our 2015 team wouldn't even get on the Park.

Let's face it, the names are pie in the sky stuff.

Had we gone down this road in 2012 when we should have we might have come out the other side already.

Yep
Most of them are no longer playing.
But the idea behind a rebuild is to create a better combination.
If you use that 2015 side as your baseline (it's when we first suggested we'd rebuild)... are we back to where we started or do we still have a way to go?
I don't think we are yet...I'll concede we might have a foundation to quickly improve....however there's also a chance many of that group that played this weekend won't make it.

Reply #20
Yep
Most of them are no longer playing.
But the idea behind a rebuild is to create a better combination.
If you use that 2015 side as your baseline (it's when we first suggested we'd rebuild)... are we back to where we started or do we still have a way to go?
I don't think we are yet...I'll concede we might have a foundation to quickly improve....however there's also a chance many of that group that played this weekend won't make it.

We look to have assembled a decent list.  We still need the longer term replacements for our next batch of senior players to retire (Murphy, Ed Curnow, Rowe, acos, Wright,  Casboult,  Kreuzer) and some short term replacements for the other retirees like Simpson which all points to us not coming good until weitering,  Cripps, Charlie Curnow are all 100 game players unless we really are a club in a hurry...

IMHO we gain nothing by dropping the blokes we need to kick on for us like Silvagni.   We need these guys to become extremely familiar with each other and the nuances on how each other plays pronto.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson