Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 26124 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Mad Monday coming up very soon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #1
Righto, thank Christ this abomination of a year is finished...... >:(

The pressure is red hot now for Bolton and his crew...4th year of this rebuild coming up...the Blowtorch is gonna come now...your outta credits Teacher!

Reply #2
Cripps breaks clearance records.
Polson plays his best game for the Blues
Silvagni took a nice mark
Harry continues to impress but lacks good service....

That's about it for the positives

Reply #3

Weitering looked better before his injury

Reply #4

One more...
Seasons over!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Weitering looked better before his injury

Yeah, I thought he started really well today, was stitched up a bit by the umpires, that will stop happening over the next two or three seasons!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Wasnt much to get excited about...Weitering started well, Cripps was the best as usual and the work experience kid Polson played his best game and got some reward for his tackles with a couple of good goals and will earn some votes from me as he at least tried unlike a few of his teammates who just ambled around doing nothing...
Harry was probably the most exciting with some good marks and goals and hopefully Bolton plays him from round 1 next season...

Boltons coaching and game tactics leave a bit to be desired and he is a green shoot coach who needs to sprout next year to save his job

Reply #7
Byrne showed enough. Poulson too. McKay will be a game breaker. Weitering was showing something. O’Brien was busy Thomas can stay, not sure, with a full list where we put Simpson.... he just butchers the ball too much.

Reply #8
Righto, thank Christ this abomination of a year is finished...... >:(

The pressure is red hot now for Bolton and his crew...4th year of this rebuild coming up...the Blowtorch is gonna come now...your outta credits Teacher!

Please, no 4th year. This year made Pagan look good. 3 x 100pts defeats, a number of 10 goal defeat, so often a lack of effort. At least Adelaide had 18 on the ground in this 100pt defeat.

Reply #9
Boltons coaching and game tactics leave a bit to be desired and he is a green shoot coach who needs to sprout next year to save his job

Yep, I'm probably a BB booster, I see him as safe for next year but it needs to be a big step up from this year.

Another spate of injuries will not save him like it probably has this year!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10

Byrne's second half was outstanding.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #11
For the love of God hire a decent field kicking coach! We can't allow errors and turnovers by foot to be the norm, particularly for young guys like O'Brien and Samo. Also penetration on the kick must be taught - not just the ability to hit targets.
O'Brien strikes me as a kid who took risks in under 18 comp and they weren't good enough to hurt him if he missed. Being exposed currently.
Both Samo and Polson can't kick goals from 40 - 45. Was never a problem for Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon etc...
Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #12
For the love of God hire a decent field kicking coach! We can't allow errors and turnovers by foot to be the norm, particularly for young guys like O'Brien and Samo. Also penetration on the kick must be taught - not just the ability to hit targets.
O'Brien strikes me as a kid who took risks in under 18 comp and they weren't good enough to hurt him if he missed. Being exposed currently.
Both Samo and Polson can't kick goals from 40 - 45. Was never a problem for Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon etc...

Havent been a fan of Polson but he did get his two goals tonight and while he isnt a long kick I would prefer him being straight kick which he was tonight...
Obrien leans back on a lot of kicks and sprays them or kicks them short...not sure what to make of him to be honest...

Reply #13
Havent been a fan of Polson but he did get his two goals tonight and while he isnt a long kick I would prefer him being straight kick which he was tonight...
Obrien leans back on a lot of kicks and sprays them or kicks them short...not sure what to make of him to be honest...

I hope he comes good but he is very loose as a defender and about as physical as our skipper

Reply #14

It's his first year and he still looks a bit uncomfortable against big bodied men in my opinion, but he shows enough ability to be confident about his future.
Polson might make it, I doubt that Silvagni will.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.