Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29909 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #60
We need a couple of midfielders who can run, carry and kick the footy.

Cripps was trying to do it today which doesn't work.

Watching Bradley Hill now and is setting up everything.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
Once again handballs seemed to be a factor.
They used it often and well to get out of trouble, or to set up a forward drive...some of their passes seemed instinctive, like they knew a player would be there.
We don't have that.

I think it’s also tied into the belief that some of our list either make dumb decisions or are turnover merchants Lods.
I mean are we making poor decisions or just trying to hit the best option that’s offered ? ie support isn’t in the right place or someone(s) aren’t working hard enough to present ?
Look at the bombing into the forward line in the last... there was no movement, no space to lead into, no one presenting anywhere at all,  so what else can the ball carrier do but send it in long and deep ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #63
Didn’t bother watching the game, I’ve lost all optimism.

Sick of our first round picks not improving - I know it’s hard in a low team when you’re not surrounded by greatness but ffs what needs to happen here for anyone to improve?

Honestly, who has improved? Who is in charge of development?

Why doesn’t anyone want to take the game on and make a pact to work for each other? Sick of watching this stuff, don’t care what has to happen from here but officially I’ve lost my care about feelings or the right thing to do. I want to watch an exciting team full of young stars in the making and I’m seeing better at the suburban grounds on the weekend.  Completely gutted and over it.

Reply #64
Once again handballs seemed to be a factor.
They used it often and well to get out of trouble, or to set up a forward drive...some of their passes seemed instinctive, like they knew a player would be there.
We don't have that.

... as was evidenced in the last q when SPS handballed straight to the opposition.  I couldn't work out from the TV angle who it was intended for - didn't seem to be any teammates in the vicinity. Just panicked and coughed it up.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #65
... as was evidenced in the last q when SPS handballed straight to the opposition.  I couldn't work out from the TV angle who it was intended for - didn't seem to be any teammates in the vicinity. Just panicked and coughed it up.

I’d give him the doubt and presume there was someone over the top, he was being tackled and had to unload, where was the support ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #66
Not excusing the poor skills, the deplorable decision making, the lack of system or structure and the lack of effort at times BUT a few extra wise heads would make the world of difference.

Thought Weiters had a real shocker today... and our 3 big forwards, other than a few cameos from Charlie were terrible....the forward 50 was so congested....more than just slow ball movement (ps i need to watch the replay).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Not excusing the poor skills, the deplorable decision making, the lack of system or structure and the lack of effort at times BUT a few extra wise heads would make the world of difference.

Thought Weiters had a real shocker today... and our 3 big forwards, other than a few cameos from Charlie were terrible....the forward 50 was so congested....more than just slow ball movement (ps i need to watch the replay).
D Teague, the hot shot fwd coach we got from Adelaide the Gov so desperately wanted to work with. Some on here suggest we should sack Bolton and make this bloke the Coach. Our fwd line has never looked more shambolic.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #68
With our big 3 forwards I am not sure why we don't kick it to them?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #69
D Teague, the hot shot fwd coach we got from Adelaide the Gov so desperately wanted to work with. Some on here suggest we should sack Bolton and make this bloke the Coach. Our fwd line has never looked more shambolic.

He did a great job at other clubs and was something outstanding as coach of the Northern Bullants taking one ordinary team to consecutive GFs. If he was outstanding at other clubs, so much so that McGovern came her just to work with him, why is he suddenly no good here? I'll take McGovern's word before that of a poster otherwise why the F would you want to come here. Assistants are at the mercy of the head coach. A forward coach is at the complete mercy of the crap up the field. You have no hope with that $hit. Wouldn't matter who did that job.

If he was great at other clubs, why is he struggling here. Ask yourself that. Alot probably thought Ratten was a crap assistant under Pagan............until he got the top job.

Reply #70

Perhaps he is a better people manager than strategist?

Reply #71
Was at the game and it felt like watching the under 5s - basically a rolling scrimmage with no system or structure. Painful to watch.

Couldnt really have picked out any stand out players but Casboult stood out, which is great for him, but also an indictment on the club.

Plowman has to go.
Dow makes lots of mistakes but I’d definitely persist.
Kennedy & Silvagni painfully slow.
Nothing in the 2s.

Reply #72

Your 3 big forward at at the total mercy of the $hit up the field. No predictability. They'd have no idea what is coming in at any time so how do they set.

Where did we kick it today? So often to JSOS covered by 3 defenders. No wonder they are lost. I don't put alot of blame there.

Clangers today 66, scoreboard 55.

Reply #73

Ummm have you watched how the ball comes in?
Do you honestly think any forward line would perform?

Reply #74
He did a great job at other clubs and was something outstanding as coach of the Northern Bullants taking one ordinary team to consecutive GFs. If he was outstanding at other clubs, so much so that McGovern came her just to work with him, why is he suddenly no good here? I'll take McGovern's word before that of a poster otherwise why the F would you want to come here. Assistants are at the mercy of the head coach. A forward coach is at the complete mercy of the crap up the field. You have no hope with that $hit. Wouldn't matter who did that job.

If he was great at other clubs, why is he struggling here. Ask yourself that. Alot probably thought Ratten was a crap assistant under Pagan............until he got the top job.
Ask yourself who is our fwd coach.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time