Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 112755 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #30
I still reckon Richmond were mad for beating Essendon. They would have ended up playing Port if they dropped that game and we would've ended up playing Collingwood (given they beat North today). So many things working in our favour right now. Come from behind victory gives a team momentum regardless of how badly they've been travelling. I'd be very nervous if I was a Tiger's fan right now.

Can't just think one week ahead.   The winner of the Port final will most likley get Fremantle at Fremantle now that the Cats are playing at SS.

Right, but the winner of our final will most probably play Sydney in Sydney so what's the point? At least if Richmond had've played Port they would most probably have had a win. I think they will have more trouble against us.

not if the hawks lose buddy.  I think Syd win that first one..  It will be two brutal game games for either of those sides. 

Reply #31
I reckon the reason we go alright against Richmond is because they are similar to us in terms of accountability, running both ways etc. Whoever can front run better may very well win the game! Also, Richmond have had two relatively bruise free games of footy against GWS and last night was an outside type of game. Not the best lead up to the finals IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32
KB will be firing up this week on SEN will be worth tuning in for the week let's see how much he can jinx his beloved Tigers!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
I am embarrassed that we are playing finals with our performances this year and hold no excitement going into this weeks game. We have 11 wins for the season and many times have looked completely inept. I would rather just have the off-season roll on and see how next year shapes.
Well, I feel sorry for you. I am definately excited even if we don't deserve to be there. I know we haven't been great this year but maybe, just maybe we do produce a game like we did against the Dawks at stinlin Ethard earlier this year when we were robbed by the maggots. I live in hope that the planets will be in alignment and we do produce because you know why? Because this will be a final in Melbourne I can actually get to. I want our season to continue because I have absolutely zero enthusiasm for any other team in the finals. It's all about me and my club. Isn't that why we are supporters?

Reply #34
I still reckon Richmond were mad for beating Essendon. They would have ended up playing Port if they dropped that game and we would've ended up playing Collingwood (given they beat North today). So many things working in our favour right now. Come from behind victory gives a team momentum regardless of how badly they've been travelling. I'd be very nervous if I was a Tiger's fan right now.

Can't just think one week ahead.   The winner of the Port final will most likley get Fremantle at Fremantle now that the Cats are playing at SS.

Right, but the winner of our final will most probably play Sydney in Sydney so what's the point? At least if Richmond had've played Port they would most probably have had a win. I think they will have more trouble against us.

not if the hawks lose buddy.  I think Syd win that first one..  It will be two brutal game games for either of those sides.
Ok, so not the point I was trying to make. So the winner plays Hawthorn, whatever. The point is more about having a better chance to get to the second week of finals. Nevermind

Reply #35
Really happy it's on a Sunday.

Had it been a Saturday night I'd have had to miss it to watch the election coverage ;) :))

Will it be a 1.10pm or 3pm kick off? Anyone know?

3:20pm

Thanks Mate. Time to bribe to Sister-in-law to baby sit.
Keep the Faith

Reply #36
How funny would it be to finish 9th and still make the finals and then when Richmond finally makes finals after 12 years we're the ones who knock them out from 9th spot.  ;D

I think their inexperience is an area we can exploit. We simply must get up a lead in the first quarter.

Reply #37
I'd rather Casboult in there than Warnock . At least he can hold a mark .

A good rev through the week might liven Levi up a bit again .

I agree, but did the Bolt earn his spot?

Agreed - Warnock does sweet FA apart from the tap out... Kreuzer to ruck 80 % game time against Maric.
Casboult showed the other week he can take a clunk near the goals and the Tiger defenders will be worried about that.

In -    Judd Mclean Scotland  (  if fit )
Out - Warnock Ellard Menzel

I'd take the gamble on Kreuzer... if he go's down we could be in trouble.
Menzel unlucky but we have the 3 amigos ahead of him.. Keep Duigan in, need some mongrel in a final.

Nah I'm worried about no back up ruckman... McInnes out and Keep Warock as Insurance...

I'm so confused... Youre on the big bucks Mick... u sort it out   :D
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #38
The Tiges won't be happy playing us.

Will they risk playing Jack?

I think yesterday's win will really galvanise our lads.

Give Murphy a big shot in the arm.

Will the Judd man be back for next Sunday?!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Reply #40

Give Murphy a big shot in the arm.

That's what got Essendon in trouble and the reason we're in.. ..... We don't do that at Carlton..  ;)
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #41
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Really?

I thought all three had him covered yesterday.

The amigos can be frustrating but make no mistake Yarran got us over the line yesterday.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #42
Menzel stays would be an awful decision to drop him. We don't even know if Scotto and/or Mclean will be fit as yet.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43
Menzel stays would be an awful decision to drop him. We don't even know if Scotto and/or Mclean will be fit as yet.

I said "If fit"  Judd,  Mclean and Scotland would have to come in........ who do u drop.. ??

The 3 amigos and Menzel all play the same ... Menzel unlucky but would have to go IMO

Reply #44
The main one in danger of being dropped would have to be Casboult. He needs to go away and come back when he has sorted out his set shot kicking - get someone to help him over the summer. Any of the others would be stiff.
Reality always wins in the end.