Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 113849 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #45
All this talk about who should be dropped if we have players to come in ???

A read through the " in game " thread from yesterday , and there is around 20 players who could easily go out .  8)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #46
For everything that has happened this season,our highs and lows and the successes of others, we are on absolutely even terms with with both Richmond and Collingwood and better off than Port (we don't travel, we play a home final and we are playing at our favourite ground!)

We play an opponent who we have defeated 9 of the past 10 meetings, including 3 weeks ago.  They have 3 key players under injury clouds (Newman, Riewold and White), as do we ( Judd, McLean and Scotland)

One feels that the stars might just be slightly alining........

Reply #47
Hope Lappinlappystick drops in for an overview of our chances.

Nice of his team to give up a place for us.

;D ;D ;D
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #48
All this talk about who should be dropped if we have players to come in ???

A read through the " in game " thread from yesterday , and there is around 20 players who could easily go out .  8)

I had given up on them Sands, and just stopped posting after quarter time.

The come back was a combination of two factors, Port Tired, and the team actually put in.

What it proved was that IF they put in, they can match it with any team.

The trouble is, that we can't match it for four quarters, that we desperately lack some key position players, that we lack kicking skills and tackling skills and that in every game we carry passengers irrespective of the effort we put in.

I reckon we can beat Richmond, because let's face it, even though we are not much good, they aren't much better if in fact they are better at all.

This will be great experience for the players win lose or draw.

But as I have said for weeks now, I hope this very fortunate appearance in the finals, does not cloud the judgement of those in charge of getting rid of the deadwood, and bringing the type of player to Carlton that can carry us to a flag. 8) 8)

Reply #49
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Really?

I thought all three had him covered yesterday.

The amigos can be frustrating but make no mistake Yarran got us over the line yesterday.
Yes they had him covered.

But Menzel has shown more than enough, plenty more than enough since he has been in. Shown enough to suggest that letting Eddie go will not be a tragedy.
From what I can tell, at least we know he'll rock up each week and contest.

Reply #50
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Really?

I thought all three had him covered yesterday.

The amigos can be frustrating but make no mistake Yarran got us over the line yesterday.
Yes they had him covered.

But Menzel has shown more than enough, plenty more than enough since he has been in. Shown enough to suggest that letting Eddie go will not be a tragedy.
From what I can tell, at least we know he'll rock up each week and contest.

So, he's not already better than them.

He might end up being better than all of them, but he isn't yet.

TBH, I think he'll be a completely different player to all of them.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #51
No need for Ellard to be dropped.. I wouldnt be dropping Duigan either... Thought he was very good when he came on.. 

Reply #52
Back luck we don't feature in either the official AFL or Ch 7 video promos for the finals!

Reply #54
What about our season says to people that they should have great confidence in this team?
Could not put away Essendon who over the last 6 weeks have lost their other 5 games by an average of about 55  points.
We have beaten Port and Richmond since the GC game and lost to the Bulldogs and Essendon. Both the Port and the Richmond game they should have put us away and if it was finals, I don't think you come back in either of those games.

Port have been a better team than us all year and if I was Richmond I would rather play the soft as crap Carlton, who 'may' show their class, but probably won't, than the Power who you know will give it everything and play it like it is the end of the world. Every day give me the soft cocks, because there is a huge chance our crap side shows up and they do to us what we done to Essendon in the finals a couple of years back and belt the pants off us.

I am embarrassed that we are playing finals with our performances this year and hold no excitement going into this weeks game. We have 11 wins for the season and many times have looked completely inept. I would rather just have the off-season roll on and see how next year shapes.

I assume you don't extend this attitude to other aspects of your life otherwise you would have killed yourself by now. So why view your football club like this?

Reply #55
What about our season says to people that they should have great confidence in this team?
Could not put away Essendon who over the last 6 weeks have lost their other 5 games by an average of about 55  points.
We have beaten Port and Richmond since the GC game and lost to the Bulldogs and Essendon. Both the Port and the Richmond game they should have put us away and if it was finals, I don't think you come back in either of those games.

Port have been a better team than us all year and if I was Richmond I would rather play the soft as crap Carlton, who 'may' show their class, but probably won't, than the Power who you know will give it everything and play it like it is the end of the world. Every day give me the soft cocks, because there is a huge chance our crap side shows up and they do to us what we done to Essendon in the finals a couple of years back and belt the pants off us.

I am embarrassed that we are playing finals with our performances this year and hold no excitement going into this weeks game. We have 11 wins for the season and many times have looked completely inept. I would rather just have the off-season roll on and see how next year shapes.

I assume you don't extend this attitude to other aspects of your life otherwise you would have killed yourself by now. So why view your football club like this?

Utterly unnecessary response to a very valid opinion (though one that I don't entirely agree with in every aspect either).

We have been awful at times and have struggled to put four quarter games together just about every single week.

The odds are definitely against us, but a finals game is a finals game and anything can happen. As I said in another thread, I'm hoping that the passion that we showed for each other and for the jumper in that second half will prove to be a 'line in the sand' moment for the playing group and club as a whole.

We could be looking back in 10 years time after a dynasty of incredible performances and pointing to this last game as the moment it all clicked.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #56

Are you 13?
I haven't enjoyed football this season for a number of reasons, one of them is that imo my football club has gone backwards.
Making up numbers in the finals gives me no satisfaction, especially when we were not in the best 8 sides to play this year and if we wanted to be honest it would be very easy to mount an argument that we were not in the best 9 sides this year.

I am not trying to take away from others joy, I am saying I get no joy out of this season and this finals series and i will be doing something other than listening to or watching the football next Sunday, because at the moment I could not give a crap.
Now thank goodness I don't seek your permission to be quite flat about my team this year, I have followed them long enough to have a right to feel however I like about this season and I have stated how that is.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #57
No need for Ellard to be dropped.. I wouldnt be dropping Duigan either... Thought he was very good when he came on..
Statistically, bottom 4 supercoach players were:
Duigan 43
Henderson 41
Menzel 30
Casboult 11
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58

MIO's view is a realistic one...we fell into the eight, had poor form leading up to the Port game and been dissapointing for most of the year given most people view that we were a top 4 team in the making(not mine).
Richmond are not flash but should start favorites given their better performances over the year and the fact they earned their top 8 spot and we didnt.....love to win a final and get some experience into kids like Menzel but we all know the real work and test is for us is trade week and the ND draft.
We are making up the numbers this season and expectations should be very measured and I understand MIO's lack of enthusiasm....

Reply #59
Statistically, bottom 4 supercoach players were:
Duigan 43
Henderson 41
Menzel 30
Casboult 11

Duigan played less than half a game.