Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 113956 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #60
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Really?

I thought all three had him covered yesterday.

The amigos can be frustrating but make no mistake Yarran got us over the line yesterday.
Yes they had him covered.

But Menzel has shown more than enough, plenty more than enough since he has been in. Shown enough to suggest that letting Eddie go will not be a tragedy.
From what I can tell, at least we know he'll rock up each week and contest.

So, he's not already better than them.

He might end up being better than all of them, but he isn't yet.

TBH, I think he'll be a completely different player to all of them.
He wasnt better than them yesterday, you are correct.

On the other weeks he has been in, I have been more impressed with Menzel than the other 3. This is not necessarily reflective of 'stats' which is why I put 'IMO' in my original comment.

Reply #61
I reckon the reason we go alright against Richmond is because they are similar to us in terms of accountability, running both ways etc. Whoever can front run better may very well win the game! Also, Richmond have had two relatively bruise free games of footy against GWS and last night was an outside type of game. Not the best lead up to the finals IMO.

Agree.   Most of the good Richmond players are very outside.

Reply #62
I don't understand the falling into the 8 theory, we beat 2 sides in the 8 in the last 3 weeks to get there. Yeah the bombers got kicked out but they were on freaking drugs and don't believe the spin about them not being performance enhancing.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #63
I still reckon Richmond were mad for beating Essendon. They would have ended up playing Port if they dropped that game and we would've ended up playing Collingwood (given they beat North today). So many things working in our favour right now. Come from behind victory gives a team momentum regardless of how badly they've been travelling. I'd be very nervous if I was a Tiger's fan right now.

Can't just think one week ahead.   The winner of the Port final will most likley get Fremantle at Fremantle now that the Cats are playing at SS.

Right, but the winner of our final will most probably play Sydney in Sydney so what's the point? At least if Richmond had've played Port they would most probably have had a win. I think they will have more trouble against us.

Swans have a longer injury list at the moment and key players have missed 7-8 games.  Jetta, Goodes, LRT.   Plus injuries to Hannebery and Smith in the last couple of weeks.   Can't see the Tigers beating Fremantle away.   Sydney a better chance.   But that's just me.

Reply #64
I'm with you MBB history will record that we played finals and Essendon didn't.  Hopefully we can carry some form into our game on Sunday.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #65
Menzel is already better than the three amigo's, IMO.

Really?

I thought all three had him covered yesterday.

The amigos can be frustrating but make no mistake Yarran got us over the line yesterday.
Yes they had him covered.

But Menzel has shown more than enough, plenty more than enough since he has been in. Shown enough to suggest that letting Eddie go will not be a tragedy.
From what I can tell, at least we know he'll rock up each week and contest.

So, he's not already better than them.

He might end up being better than all of them, but he isn't yet.

TBH, I think he'll be a completely different player to all of them.
He wasnt better than them yesterday, you are correct.

On the other weeks he has been in, I have been more impressed with Menzel than the other 3. This is not necessarily reflective of 'stats' which is why I put 'IMO' in my original comment.

Menzel shows plenty it's true, but his fitness is not yet anywhere near that of an afl footballer. His very limited pre-season a contributing factor. All things considered I'd like him to play, but he's probably best suited to either be the sub or be subbed out
Eat more chooks

Reply #66
I think we need to be careful not to be too defensive in our game plan. Mick needs to fine tune the balance and make us a side that is hard to beat. Once we run in numbers we are hard to stop. This is what was done in the last quarter against Port and they came to a complete stand still. They turned the ball over and were met with a brutal tackle any direction they turned.

Its a fine balance, but we need to be prepared to run hard each way. On the attack, and back to defend. Run hard and no just a medium pace jog. This is a do or die game that will really show who we need to keep and who needs to move on. Make no mistake the Tigers won't be soft because they had no answer to our game last time. I expect this to be a physical battle and there could be players going down. We better no be celebrating to much this weekend. We need to be pumped and ready for action in this next game. Gloves off and ready for war.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #67
Do we risk players with injury clouds? (Judd, McLean, Scotland). They will face a similar dilemma with Reiwold, Newman and White.  Pace will be important. Selection will be critical.

Reply #68
Do we risk players with injury clouds? (Judd, McLean, Scotland). They will face a similar dilemma with Reiwold, Newman and White.  Pace will be important. Selection will be critical.

NO!

We are not reliant on any of those players to win and it is critical fit players take the field

Reply #69

NO!

We are not reliant on any of those players to win and it is critical fit players take the field
Agree. The last thing we need is another 1st qtr injury sub to one of the questionable ones. I say let the team that played Sat have a crack. If anything, need to bring fresh speedy legs. Mclean aint that although he does dine out against the Tiggers. Gonna be tough and brave at the selection table.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
We definitely deserve to be playing finals. We lost narrowly to a drug cheating team. Twice. We have a right to be there.

Reply #71
NO!

Far too many times I've seen a club go into a cutthroat final with players under injury clouds in their team and it has come horribly unstuck. In fact I've rarely seen it pay dividends !!

Every player selected this week must be 100% clear of any injury concerns, I'd hate to lose this match purely on the basis of playing someone who wasn't.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #72
Any news to clarify Judd is 100% fit to play. I know he is being considered, but if he isn't 100% he could hurt our chances. I wouldn't even use him as a sub if he is suspect. Just in case the sub activation is in the first quarter.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #73
NO!

Far too many times I've seen a club go into a cutthroat final with players under injury clouds in their team and it has come horribly unstuck. In fact I've rarely seen it pay dividends !!

Every player selected this week must be 100% clear of any injury concerns, I'd hate to lose this match purely on the basis of playing someone who wasn't.

I m more concerned about the injuries between the ears
we put up that sh1te in the 3 quarters - we'll get blown out of the water

Reply #74
NO!

And MM has form for this.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................