Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 112831 times) previous topic - next topic

ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Who woulda thunk ??

Sunday afternoon at the MCG, will be a sellout too !!

Hard to know how it will pan out, if we play like we did up to 3/4 time today against the Power, we will get belted out of the park. Turn it on like we did in the last quarter and we will smash the Tigers.

Team selections will always be crucial, I reckon Duigan may have done enough to keep his slot as the sub but Casboult is a serious concern.

What would be ironic is if we were to knock over the Tigers in their first final for many years after finishing 9th. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #1
Unless the Dagpies win by 700 goals tomorrow, it will us and the Tiggers on Sunday next.

So very, very interesting to read that the Tiggers were scared we would lose and the Kangabies would win - they were nervous about meeting them, but not us.

Seems the Tiggers lacked confidence had they had to play the Kangabies. They are extemely confident that they will beat us. Boastingly confident.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Given our current record against the Tigers we would have to be fairly confident about believing we can win.

With this mob it appears to be 90% of the battle.  The Tigers have the opposite problem when facing navy blue (thankfully).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Fark!!!   Sunday.   Can't go.  damn.  

Reply #4
Unless the Dagpies win by 700 goals tomorrow, it will us and the Tiggers on Sunday next.

So very, very interesting to read that the Tiggers were scared we would lose and the Kangabies would win - they were nervous about meeting them, but not us.

Seems the Tiggers lacked confidence had they had to play the Kangabies. They are extemely confident that they will beat us. Boastingly confident.

Heard this type of thing from Bitchmond supporters during the week. Statements like 'kangas have the wood on us, we haven't beaten them in 10 games' to which I replied 'and you've beaten us once in the last 10'. Cue pin drop. And for what it's worth Rich v Nth last 10: Rich - 3, Nth - 6, 1 draw. They are trying to convince themselves, nothing more. I know which loss would hurt them more. We will get to see it on Sunday, if we can maintain pressure (scoreboard or otherwise) from the start of the game, sooner or later they will fold. In spite of the round one result we still own these pricks.

Reply #5

What would be ironic is if we were to knock over the Tigers in their first final for many years after finishing 9th.

Ironic indeed, and in my case there's some major crap stirring riding on the back of that irony. Brother-in-law is a die hard ninethmond fan. I only just started winding down from bagging him after our win a few weeks ago. The mind games start again tomorrow night at family Father's Day dinner.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #6
Blues by plenty.

That win today, even if stolen, was for a reason?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
Let's be clear on one thing. We need to assume the under dog status from the get go, or we're f@cked.  The Tiglets want a cocky Carlton and they will use the scum penalty to emphasise our unworthiness. Lets bow and praise the mighty RFC for allowing us to challenge them on their crusade to become AFL premiers. Then smash them on the park!!! >:D
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #8
Let's be clear on one thing. We need to assume the under dog status from the get go, or we're f@cked.  The Tiglets want a cocky Carlton and they will use the scum penalty to emphasise our unworthiness. Lets bow and praise the mighty RFC for allowing us to challenge them on their crusade to become AFL premiers. Then smash them on the park!!! >:D

Good point.... Noted
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #9
Lots of focus on Judd. I reckonhe plays.

Reply #10
Judd, Scotto, Mclean back next week?
Who goes out?
Ellard, Casboult and one other, maybe go in with one ruckman
It's my hope they play with the flair shown after half time today

Reply #11
I'd rather Casboult in there than Warnock . At least he can hold a mark .

A good rev through the week might liven Levi up a bit again .
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #12
When are tickets on sale? Ive never been to a final and theres no way im missibg this one.

Reply #13
Whatever we do I just hope we don't play that stupid fkn stagnant round the boundary line crap where we turn it over and get cut up through the middle time and time again. Maybe the stubborn old fool will start Yazz down back as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #14
I'd rather Casboult in there than Warnock . At least he can hold a mark .

A good rev through the week might liven Levi up a bit again .

I agree, but did the Bolt earn his spot?