Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 23552 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #15
If letting blokes blow by you and not bothering to attempt to tackle properly is his best work then we have a problem...

Bolton mentioned he had some ‘tightness’, based on that I’d expect him not to play.

Reply #16
If letting blokes blow by you and not bothering to attempt to tackle properly is his best work then we have a problem...

Yep we do.  I've yet to be convinced he's going to be a player.

You can see something in all the others.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
I'm hearing Cuningham very doubtful, SPS and Simpson doubtful. No word on Jones, concussion is a different beast, hope he comes good soon

Reply #18
I'm hearing Cuningham very doubtful, SPS and Simpson doubtful. No word on Jones, concussion is a different beast, hope he comes good soon

Struggling to find fit bodies at present.

A few changes required this week. Some debutants?

Out:
SPS
Murphy
Obrien
Macreadie
Casboult (?)

In:
Kennedy
Lang
Polson
Goddard
Kerr (?)

Reply #19
Indigenous round this week?

We have 5 indigenous blokes on our list.
Jones - Injured.
Pickett - Injured.
SPS - Just got injured
LeBois - lucky to be on the list, could be injured, nobody notices him anyway.
Garlett - Gets a call up this week as last man standing?

Reply #20

Out:
SPS
Murphy
Obrien
Macreadie
Casboult (?)

In:
Kennedy
Lang
Polson
Goddard
Kerr (?)

Agree on those ins and they may even go Fasalo for the extra experience, not so sure Obrien will be dropped given the Saints dont play a hard brand.

Reply #21
These next few weeks we best start winning.

Reckon our next win comes against Essendon. When we feel like playing we have the right game to upset them and generally lift for them.

Reply #22

Out:
SPS
Murphy
Obrien
Macreadie
Casboult (?)

In:
Kennedy
Lang
Polson
Goddard
Kerr (?)

Sadly coming off a 100 point belting even the most optimistic supporters would agree we are even weaker this week. Polson.....haven’t we all seen enough. 

Plus Thomas will be suspended so we will be a lot younger again in a game we all know we must go all out for a win. We be another hiding if we play even more kids.  

Need Simpson, Jones, plowman and Cunningham if they are fit and only Kennedy as a young one for Thomas, McCreadie, O’Brien, Murphy and Setterfield.

Reply #23
Sadly coming off a 100 point belting even the most optimistic supporters would agree we are even weaker this week. Polson.....haven’t we all seen enough. 

Plus Thomas will be suspended so we will be a lot younger again in a game we all know we must go all out for a win. We be another hiding if we play even more kids.  

Need Simpson, Jones, plowman and Cunningham if they are fit and only Kennedy as a young one for Thomas, McCreadie, O’Brien, Murphy and Setterfield.
Cuningham very doubtful, Simpson and Plowman doubtful. Jones who knows. Murphy and SPS won't be available. Thomas should be OK to play. Must win games the next few, but running short of troops

Reply #24
This is a slice of what happened last outing:

ST KILDA is the latest team to heap misery on Carlton's floundering season, thanks to a comprehensive 64-point victory at Etihad Stadium on Friday night. 

The Saints produced a barnstorming eight-goal-to-two second half to relegate the Blues to their 49th consecutive score under 100 points.

They celebrated their fourth win for the season with a 16.20 (116) to 7.10 (52) score line, with Carlton in trouble from the moment it lost ruckman Matthew Kreuzer to an elevated heart rate nine minutes into the game.

BLUES' PAIN KEEPS GROWING

As much as I'd like to think we'll win. I think we'll go down easily by 5 goals.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25

Out:
SPS
Murphy
Obrien
Macreadie
Casboult (?)

In:
Kennedy
Lang
Polson
Goddard
Kerr (?)

Goddard (if no Jones) should have been in for the GWS game - picking Macreadie was stupid.

Anybody in for O'Brien - Lang had 28, well done son, you get a game.  Picking O'Brien was stupid.

Kennedy in for anybody - should have been back in weeks ago. Not playing him (given he had decent form in the 2s and that he is a big body) was stupid.

Kerr in for Charlie Curnow - abject mediocrity (all that Charlie has shown in 2019) doesn't get you a game. Picking Charlie was stupid.

Fas in for Murph, Ed C into the guts (his only sensible position). Playing Ed as a small forward is stupid.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
Goddard (if no Jones) should have been in for the GWS game - picking Macreadie was stupid.

Anybody in for O'Brien - Lang had 28, well done son, you get a game.  Picking O'Brien was stupid.

Kennedy in for anybody - should have been back in weeks ago. Not playing him (given he had decent form in the 2s and that he is a big body) was stupid.

Kerr in for Charlie Curnow - abject mediocrity (all that Charlie has shown in 2019) doesn't get you a game. Picking Charlie was stupid.

Fas in for Murph, Ed C into the guts (his only sensible position). Playing Ed as a small forward is stupid.

Not a chance in hell, if you honour form then Polson and Lang should be promoted a mile ahead of Fasolo based on last weekend's VFL. Polson really cracked into contests, he made Fasolo and Lang both who are bigger than him look soft.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Semantics LP, semantics....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #28
Semantics LP, semantics....

Not targeting you specifically, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm fairly sure you mentioned in another thread about the club not picking players who are in form, or persisting with players who are sadly out of form, and now you are offering an out of form player as a solution!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Not targeting you specifically, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm fairly sure you mentioned in another thread about the club not picking players who are in form, or persisting with players who are sadly out of form, and now you are offering an out of form player as a solution!

Tis not the point - Fas or Polson - who cares really....and I note Fas kicked 2 goals in the last quarter on the weekend?

See attached - hardly out of form?

Finals, then 4 in a row!