Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 34269 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #150
Absolutely no reason we can't win and win comfortably.

All the pressure is on the Tigers after their 'stellar' pre season.

Our following division is better, our back line much better and our forward line looks potent enough with Levi, Curnow jnr., SOJ, Pickett and Wright all good scoring options.

I expect Weitering to start forward too.

A few to any of Gibbs, Murphy, SPS or Crippa suggests to me we can score enough - say 12-14 goals to win.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #151
I reckon if one of the talls from our defence go forward it will be Rowe.
He may have to spend some time in the ruck too.

We will need a bit of luck to go our way, but we are right in this game.
The pressure is all on Dimma and his grubs. Imagine the uproar  at Punt Rd. if we knock them over.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #152
I'll be happy if we are competitive for most of the game... please don't get smashed lads. I do expect us to hold our own in the midfield, so that should keep us in the game.

Bit shocked they went with SPS, but looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Reply #153
Really excited about tonight. But my expectations are for the very first time in line with where we are at in our development/reset.

Just looking forward to the recruits showing a bit and the rest of the squad developing together.

Hoping to see:

1. Pressure, and lots of it.

2. Slicker ball movement by hand and foot.

3. Competitive footy for 4 quarters.

4. Support for Cripps/Gibbs through the return of Murph and inclusion of SPS.

5. Kreuzer finally showing us what he's capable of again, been a long time between drinks

6. Marchbank, Pickett and Smedts adding something different.

7. And finally, some goals please. Kick it through the big sticks. No more long bombs into 50 we don't have Fev/Betts/Waite anymore.

Not expecting to win, but not expecting to lose. That's how i'm going to try and treat every game this year.

Go Blues  8)

Reply #154
I reckon Cuningham & Macreadie have every chance to deliver to the same level that Thomas & Lamb would, the difference being that the two young guys would gain some much valued senior experience.

I understand that people are suggesting that players should be rewarded with selection for various things but I'm struggling to understand what Thomas & Lamb have done that is better than the other two lads.

Seems Macreadie is going to play tonight. That's according to Sam McClure. Seems possibly for Thomas.

Reply #155
we should have beaten them Rd 1 last year but we choked...

We are and will be a better team in 2017, no question.

Donc, ....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #156
All I want to see is clear, crisp ball movement into the F50 to give our forwards every chance to contribute.

Reply #157
I'm hopeful but far from confident, it's still a pretty weak Carlton side with a very questionable forward structure.
It's Richmond minus Deledio, and Vickery usually snagged a couple against us, so I'm not expecting a heavy defeat, but realistically we'll lose more than we win this season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #158
Just on sen, macreadie will be a late in

Reply #159
I'm hopeful but far from confident, it's still a pretty weak Carlton side with a very questionable forward structure.
It's Richmond minus Deledio, and Vickery usually snagged a couple against us, so I'm not expecting a heavy defeat, but realistically we'll lose more than we win this season.
The forward structure is the 'great unknown'. Kruz and the midfield are fully fit, so I think we should win enough ball to get the ball i50 enough to give ourselves a chance. If we can convert and put scoreboard pressure on them we are in with a big chance.

Selection at this time of the year is so hard for supporters to assess as their is so little exposed form - we don't see the majority of the work they have put in for 4-5 months behind closed doors, when the season starts it's all on display. Lamb did nothing in the JLT, but it looks like our plan is to run them off their feet and Lamb vs Kerridge or Palmer shows that we have gone for speed and mobility first and foremost. We will see if it works, but you have to trust BB that it is part of a plan.

I think the balance old vs new is pretty good. I think we have 6 Yr1/Yr2 players which is about the max you would want to play at this time of year on a big hard ground. The other guys like Cunningham / Macreadie will all get their chance, but Army and White for now add some muscle and experience to the balance of the team which is important when playing the new guys.

Go Blues......

Reply #160
Just on sen, macreadie will be a late in
Ok cool rate him, any idea who is out? Another tall in would think its one for one? Any one have info?

Reply #161
They only said it wasn't daisy.

I would suspect white.

Reply #164
More pace and better ball users, I'd be concerned if I were the tiges.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?