Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 34264 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #165
The so-called mail says it seems to be Lamb.

On another forum they're saying it's Lamb.

But it is only a rumour. Believe them at your peril.

Wouldn't mind seeing young Macreadie get a chance anyway.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #166
The so-called mail says it seems to be Lamb.

I was a little surprised to see Lamb in the selected side. If it is Lamb and not Daisy then Daisy goes forward. Though I would have thought if it was lamb then Palmer or Kerridge would have come in, guess we'll know soon enough. Or maybe we're just starting rumours to unsettle the Tiggers? Ah, games.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #167
I'm sorry, but this is not a team one should fear!

B Alex Rance, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB Kamdyn McIntosh, Taylor Hunt, Brandon Ellis
C Nick Vlastuin, Shane Edwards, Shaun Grigg
HF Daniel Rioli, Sam Lloyd, Dan Butler
F Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Jason Castagna
FOL Toby Nankervis, Trent Cotchin, Josh Caddy
I/C Reece Conca, Ben Griffiths, Bachar Houli, Dion Prestia
EMG Ivan Maric, Kane Lambert, Anthony Miles
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #168
My worry is that Cripps will be there in name only - preseason injuries have a way of cruelling a season for players.  We really need Cripps to offset Martin.  Deledio's departure helps as he was their quarterback. The Tigers struggled to win without him.  Great to have so much young talent coming in but young players are likely to be inconsistent not only over the season but also within a game.

Reply #169
Macreadie in but whos out?

LATE CHANGE! BLUES INCLUDE DRAFTEE

- Glenn McFarlane reports the Blues have made a change ...

CARLTON teenager Harrison Macreadie is set to make his AFL debut tonight after being told this morning he will be a late inclusion for the season-opening match against Richmond at the MCG.

It is understood Blues coach Brendon Bolton delivered the good news to the 18-year-old former Giants Academy defender.

He is set to be the fifth new face for Carlton tonight as they take on the Tigers, with Sam Petrevski-Seton, Jarrod Pickett, former Cat Billie Smedts and former Giant Caleb Marchbank also chosen in the selected side.

Macreadie, originally from Henty in New South Wales, was the club's 47th pick in last year's draft. He is athletic defender who also played in the midfield in the NEAFL last season.

Jacob Weitering, who was third in last year's Rising Star award as a defender, will likely start in attack tonight, with the Blues eager to increase their scoring capacity.

Weitering has been used as a swingman through the JLT Community Series and will continue to do so, but the belief is he will likely line-up in attack when the ball is bounced tonight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #170
Possibly for Curnow...was injured and would have to be under a cloud. :-\

Reply #171
Possibly for Curnow...was injured and would have to be under a cloud. :-\

Hope not, need Charlie running through the middle. Lamb, Daisy or White would be the preference.

Reply #172
Agree. I thought Curnow was actually very good against the saints when he had some time in the middle.

Reply #173
Backs: Lachie Plowman, Jacob Weitering, Kade Simpson
Half-backs: Dale Thomas, Sam Rowe, Caleb Marchbank
Centre: Sam Docherty, Bryce Gibbs, Jarrod Pickett
Half-forwards: Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Matthew Wright
Forwards: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Simon White
Followers: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy (C)
Interchange: Jed Lamb, Charlie Curnow, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Billie Smedts

Emergencies: Harrison Macreadie, Rhys Palmer, Sam Kerridge

New: Petrevski-Seton, Marchbank, Pickett, Smedts
Over the years our selections have made me wonder if I am Jon Snow ("You know nothing, Jon Snow!:) or Tyrion Lannister ("I drink and I know things.") and this is no exception. It may be genius, but....
I wouldn't have played SPS. The kid has got a future, but he hasn't even played a whole VFL game yet.
I would probably have played Kerridge before Smedts: neither are great kicks, but Kerridge has been slightly better so far.
I wouldn't have played Daisy. His form has been adequate at best.
I probably wouldn't have named Lamb, although rumour has him being the change for tonight.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #174
Over the years our selections have made me wonder if I am Jon Snow ("You know nothing, Jon Snow!:) or Tyrion Lannister ("I drink and I know things.") and this is no exception. It may be genius, but....
I wouldn't have played SPS. The kid has got a future, but he hasn't even played a whole VFL game yet.
I would probably have played Kerridge before Smedts: neither are great kicks, but Kerridge has been slightly better so far.
I wouldn't have played Daisy. His form has been adequate at best.
I probably wouldn't have named Lamb, although rumour has him being the change for tonight.

That's pretty close to my thinking.  However, I suspect that the club is better able to judge whether Sammo is ready to play.  I don't think that they would risk him if he's not.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #175
It is interesting to read where Carlton and Richmond were and think they are going.

Richmond finished with 8 wins and a percentage of 79.5 coming in at an unfamiliar 13th

Carlton finished with 7 wins and a percentage of 79.3 finishing 14th.

We will send out 3 (Macreadie possibly) first games and another 3 with less than 10 games experience. They have a first gamer in Butler but really a seasoned and experienced team with a few new faces, Prestia being the best. Nankervis who is being talked up, will be shown how to play first ruck by Kruezer.

We don't have an identity yet, whereas Richmond is trying to change theirs. Carlton have the chance to ruin their season in the first game by applying pressure, something that was lacking in the JLT series. If we stop the "Tiger running game" they will go back into their shells and kick backwards sideways and miss targets.

If we can get our run and link up play going, as well as first use by Cripps then we may have Hardwickes neck on a swivel.

Reply #176
It is interesting to read where Carlton and Richmond were and think they are going.

Richmond finished with 8 wins and a percentage of 79.5 coming in at an unfamiliar 13th

Carlton finished with 7 wins and a percentage of 79.3 finishing 14th.

We will send out 3 (Macreadie possibly) first games and another 3 with less than 10 games experience. They have a first gamer in Butler but really a seasoned and experienced team with a few new faces, Prestia being the best. Nankervis who is being talked up, will be shown how to play first ruck by Kruezer.

We don't have an identity yet, whereas Richmond is trying to change theirs. Carlton have the chance to ruin their season in the first game by applying pressure, something that was lacking in the JLT series. If we stop the "Tiger running game" they will go back into their shells and kick backwards sideways and miss targets.

If we can get our run and link up play going, as well as first use by Cripps then we may have Hardwickes neck on a swivel.
Like :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #177
Won't get within 10 goals.......just a horrible, horrible lineup.......will be the first of the weekly beltings we'll routinely be on the end of this year.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #178
Won't get within 10 goals.......just a horrible, horrible lineup.......will be the first of the weekly beltings we'll routinely be on the end of this year.....

Mark us down for the win.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #179
My take is our better players - say top 6-8 guys - are considerably better than theirs....

It's these blokes that win games, the rest just fill in the spaces - or are made to look good by the others.

Carlton - Gibbs, Murph, Crippa, Special K, Weitering, Docherty (then Simmo, Marchbank)

Richmond - Dusty, Cotchin, Jack, then.....Rance, then.....Prestia/Caddy (both unproven next to our 3 listed guys).

I think we have more X factor than the Tiges too - Charlie Curnow, SPS and Smedts for example.

I think Charlie needs one breakout game then he'll be a gun in waiting.

Smedts - his best is exceptional, hopefully he'll get a decent run of games and get back to that level.
Finals, then 4 in a row!