Skip to main content
Topic: List Changes 2018 (Read 81058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: List Changes 2018

Reply #105
This year's trading has been run and won. The fallout could be interesting in the years to come. A lot of deal were done late, but we failed to get Shiel. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

Update #9   18/10/2018
Senior List:
SOS did demonstrate just how much better he is than those he replaced. He picked up a number of trades that should, in theory, provide 4 players in our best on-field line-up. Nice theory: we will see how it comes out.

2018 List:   40 players Present AFL Maximum

Confirmed Delistings:
[1]   Aaron Mullett – contract not renewed
[2]   Cam O’Shea – contract not renewed.
[3]    Matthew Wright - he retired during the week and is heading to Adelaide as an assistant coach.
[4]   Ciaran Byrne – our biggest loss, in my humble opinion. Nichevo.  :-[  :-[

Confirmed Additions:
4 deals finalized, in one of the busiest trade periods ever.
[1]   Alex Fasolo:   Confirmed FA
[2]   Mitch McGovern:   Confirmed trade with Adelaide
[3]   Will Setterfield:   Confirmed trade with GWS.
[4]   Nic Newman:   Trade confirmed just yesterday, near 2000 hours.

Finlayson is staying a Giant. Shiel made a serious mistake. Barlow: good question. I am not sure where we stand with Barlow, although we have had talks.

Potential Delistings or Retirements:
[1]   Sam Kerridge – Looking to be on the rookie list as soon as this week.
[2]   Jarrod Garlett – No mention of Garlett. Nada.
[3]   Nick Graham – The most likely to be flicked at this point.
[4]   Levi Casboult – looks like remaining a Blue.
[5]   Jed Lamb – Looks to be headed to the rookie list.

With the Trade Period in recess until Draft Day, the future of these players is still unclear. We WILL be making changes, and most will probably be put on the rookie list.

At this point we have 7 spots available on both lists. We have traded 4 players in, with only 4 spots available at this time. We have pick 1 in the ND and pick 1 in subsequent drafts. Therefore there will be further changes and probably fairly soon.
If we are to have ANY selections in the Draft, at least 1 player will be placed on the rookie list. We have 3 spaces on that list at the moment, although we can recruit more Cat B rookies if we want to.

Potential Additions:
[1]   Ben Silvagni – Missed Premiership glory with a broken hand and has dropped much lower in calculations. I think Ben will be our last live pick, but that is much less likely now.
[2]   Will Hickmott - I am expected Will to be picked up, even with his less than stellar Carnival. He did testing in WA and absolutely blew it away.

Rookie List:
Rookie players are able to play senior footy pretty much straight away, and conditions continue to change. However, the rookie list will remain in 2019.

Confirmed Departures:
[1]   Matt Shaw – not offered a new contract
[2]   Jesse Glass-McCasker – not offered a new contract
[3]   Alex Silvagni – Retired. I haven't heard anything of his intentions for 2019 yet.

Confirmed Additions:
Nobody at this point. But Lamb, Kerridge and Graham are now almost certainties, unless delisted.

Possible further Departures:
[1]   Kym LeBois – Looking almost certain to go. We need places on the list and he is a significant underachiever at this point.

Cat B Rookies:
Confirmed Departures:
[1]   Cillian McDaid Retired and will not be returning from Ireland.

Confirmed Additions:
[1]   Matthew Owies – 21 year old former basketballer with excellent pace.

Potential Additions:
[1]   Liam Hickmott – looking a bit more likely as he won the B&F for Colts in WA.
[2]   Sam Fisher – I'd like to see Fisher get a go, but for a team on the bottom, we have remarkably few list changes in sight. How we go at getting trades will determine Fisher's fate.

Collingwood this week signed 2 Cat B rookies, both from Ireland. I didn't think this was allowed. As such I don't like it at all. We can sign more players as Cat B rookies, especially as we have no Irishman at the moment in that spot.
I do know that we were looking at some of the Irish guys, but I have no idea how we went. I am assuming no more Cat B rookies unless some good news appears soon.

Conclusions:
We have pick 1 in the ND and no spots on our list. SOS wants to have a few picks, so we WILL be making more list changes.
Adelaide has offered us all sorts of things for pick 1, but SOS has not been tempted enough yet. Port Adelaide has tried as well. If SOS can do a deal that allows us to retain Sam Walsh as our selection, he may do it. Otherwise the SA teams will miss out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #106
Great work Crash, kudos!!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #108
Surely Graham is now goneski.

Heck Mitch Grigg would offer a lot, lot more?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #109
Surely Graham is now goneski.

Heck Mitch Grigg would offer a lot, lot more?
Very likely. We have 3 rookie spots; assuming we drop 3 guys down to the rookie list then we will have 3 picks. And no delisted guys. At this point Graham and LeBois would be the overwhelming favourites to be delisted.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #110
Rowe, Graham, Lamb, Kerridge all delisted. 

Reply #111
Rowe, Graham, Lamb, Kerridge all delisted.

Bit surprised with Rowe but the others pretty much as expected. I thought Sam R may have got another year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #112
Very likely. We have 3 rookie spots; assuming we drop 3 guys down to the rookie list then we will have 3 picks. And no delisted guys. At this point Graham and LeBois would be the overwhelming favourites to be delisted.

So we could put Rowe, Kerridge and Lamb on the rookie list, delist LeBois and Graham and have 5 spots - 3 F/S, Grigg and Barlow. Noting presently only 4 picks in the ND?

Would that work?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #113
Guess you can ignore that. Is Townsend stating that as a fact or as a want?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #114
Bit surprised with Rowe but the others pretty much as expected. I thought Sam R may have got another year.

Agree. Feel sorry for him more than the others for some reason.

Reply #115
Agree. Feel sorry for him more than the others for some reason.

Thought he did a solid job considering the back line was under siege all year. Guess we have a lot of youth though that won't get better if they don't play.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #116
So we could put Rowe, Kerridge and Lamb on the rookie list, delist LeBois and Graham and have 5 spots - 3 F/S, Grigg and Barlow. Noting presently only 4 picks in the ND?

Would that work?

Only Lamb may survive as he's been invited to train. LeBois gets another year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #118
Thought he did a solid job considering the back line was under siege all year. Guess we have a lot of youth though that won't get better if they don't play.

Gee, we need to find a backup KPP defender pretty quick smart?

Or BSOS?  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!