Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications (Read 29050 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #75
The kick to Docherty was perfect; Doc led towards the wing and Hollands put the ball in front of him, giving Doc’s opponent no chance.  If Hollands had kicked it to Doc’s goal side he would have been running with the flight and the Melbourne player could have spoiled or intercepted.

The placement caused the defender to over-commit and that gave Doc the opportunity to play on and kick over the defence.

How much of that was planned and how much was luck is debatable, but Hollands kicked the ball exactly where he should have.

Have another look mate. Doc had 5m on his opponent.
By the time the ball got there. Doc was stationary, jumping straight up, his opponent jumping in front of him just missing the body and the ball.
If it was truly in front of him. Doc would've still had 5m on his opponent.

Reply #76
Last time we played Brisbane at the Gabba - Setterfield, LOB, Newnes, Corey Durdin were amongst our bests but lost by five goals
Hewett, Kemp, Acres, Newman,  Fogarty, Kennedy, Cunningham, Pittonet, Cincotta didn't play in last years round 21 fixture.

Thats half a team of 18 starting players.

Reply #77
Should be nice weather for the game.
Forecast is 23, overcast with 20km/h winds.
Chance of rain is 20%.
But we all know how accurate the BOM is?  :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78
Booked some flights and some accommodation, now to see if I can get tickets.
As a Legend's Lounge member, I get priority access - happy for you to use my barcode number if you still need a ticket 👍

Reply #79
Thanks @Blueboy_Benny, secured tickets this morning so we are going to be at a prelim!!  First fir me.  This will be my second time travelling to watch a final (first time was 2013 against sydney) and the 4th interstate trip to watch footy. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Cunningham is one that's likely to go out. He's been good since coming back into the team but quiet in recent weeks.

I'd keep Owies in. Him and Motlop provide plenty of pressure and as someone else mentioned, Owies has consistently hit the scoreboard when he plays. I think Kennedy might be the other one that makes way, with Hollands remaining as the sub.

I thought Marchbank was ordinary on Friday night and made plenty of errors. But likely we'll need him down back as the other "tall" to maybe play on Hipwood.

Reply #81
We had mostly decided flights were too expensive so weren’t going to go, but I tried today anyway just to see.  Spent 30mins on the wrong ticket seller 😆 and only realised when I got through to buy Collingwood/GWS tickets 🙄

So got onto Ticketmaster at 10.30 and got tickets immediately - did best price and came back with $650 for 4. So tried again with cheaper tickets 5 mins later and again got a shot at it for $315!

But with flights being $3k return just not doable unfortunately this year as we have an OS trip booked for next year we’re already paying off.

Was surprised that I had access for tickets still at 10.40, had assumed it’d sell out.

Enjoy Thryleon, I really hope we get to play in the final game of the year 🤞🏼

Reply #82
Gave my barcode to a friend in Brissy - they got tickets within 15 mins. Go figure.

We considered going, but we suspected things like this -

But with flights being $3k return just not doable .......

Will just have to enjoy sitting in front of the idiot box for this one.

Reply #83
Love my Blues but prefer to give $3k to the club than corporate thievery

Reply #84
Love my Blues but prefer to give $3k to the club than corporate thievery
Cheapest way, if it is possible with commitments, is to go Tuesday and come back later Sunday or Monday. Prices are normal then. A matter then of staying somewhere for 5 days. Still be cheaper, even with the accommodation, plus you see Southern Qld Coast.

Reply #85
Such a change talking about Preliminary Finals and not about trade targets and list management (unless you're Shieky, or now Lucifer)....lol.

Reply #86
Such a change talking about Preliminary Finals and not about trade targets and list management (unless you're Shieky, or now Lucifer)....lol.

Takes us back to the 70s, 80s & 90s when finals were a given!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #87
We had mostly decided flights were too expensive so weren’t going to go, but I tried today anyway just to see.  Spent 30mins on the wrong ticket seller 😆 and only realised when I got through to buy Collingwood/GWS tickets 🙄

So got onto Ticketmaster at 10.30 and got tickets immediately - did best price and came back with $650 for 4. So tried again with cheaper tickets 5 mins later and again got a shot at it for $315!

But with flights being $3k return just not doable unfortunately this year as we have an OS trip booked for next year we’re already paying off.

Was surprised that I had access for tickets still at 10.40, had assumed it’d sell out.

Enjoy Thryleon, I really hope we get to play in the final game of the year 🤞🏼

Qantas have put more flights up returning on monday if you can have the day off.  My mrs and I were able to secure flights for 750 PP return, flying up on Friday night, and returning monday. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #88
Qantas have put more flights up returning on monday if you can have the day off.  My mrs and I were able to secure flights for 750 PP return, flying up on Friday night, and returning monday.
There there are 4 of us so it is an expensive journey, Nevermind will be cheering them on from home 😊

Reply #89
OK, so i bought tickets for me and my son.

Now to work out how to get there.  ::)

Looking at flying into and out of brisbane from [insert a major city] and prices are just ridiculous.

I've got the OK from the boss to not have to work fri-tues, so thinking i might be doing a LONG road trip there and back, putting the ranger and camping gear to good use.
No accomodation costs.
No fuel costs (thank you work)
Just time.