Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 25674 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #2
Destination club

Reply #3
While we have some real crap at the bottom end there's enough decent players at the top end, a few albeit underdone, to be better than one win and 65 & 64pts defeats to the two bottom sides.

Whatever message Bolts is sending it's either the wrong message or it is simply falling on deaf ears. Enough is enough. Bolts isn't the man.

Reply #4
Glass half full - is this evidence of our boys being taught the “right “ way to play.  While the saints are 5 years into richo’s regeimn and are still only good for flogging the bottom side by front running when the opp has no ruckman??  They are really no good and not going anywhere soon.  Maybe at least we have a better future??? Maybe I’m just living in hope??

Reply #5
Wasn't surprised, losing Kruezer early really hurt us, however, it was the running players that ran us into the ground. Poor errors from senior players desperate to have an impact, when it's going against you, it really goes against you.

Pickett looked short of a gallop, McKay ran out of puff, the younger guys dropped off, and, SPS looked like he couldn't run out the game - certainly trailed his opponent several times.

On the positive side, Dow, O'Brien kept trying, and, there were passages of play (in the third/fourth) where the young guys teamed together for some enterprising play, however, simply not enough. Another two seasons into Dow and O'Brien will see them take the next step in my opinion - possibly next year for Dow. We need two of Charlie Curnow, and, another (quicker) version of Cripps.

I disagree with some here, I think Carlton need to trade pick 1 for several top picks and get more talent. We are short still two players I think. Cripps, Charlie, Dow need another two additions in my opinion.

Reply #6
Wasn't surprised, losing Kruezer early really hurt us, however, it was the running players that ran us into the ground. Poor errors from senior players desperate to have an impact, when it's going against you, it really goes against you.

Pickett looked short of a gallop, McKay ran out of puff, the younger guys dropped off, and, SPS looked like he couldn't run out the game - certainly trailed his opponent several times.

On the positive side, Dow, O'Brien kept trying, and, there passages of play (in the third/fourth) where the young guys teamed together for some enterprising play, however, simply not enough. Another two seasons into Dow and O'Brien will see them take the next step in my opinion - possibly next year for Dow. We need two of Charlie Curnow, and, another (quicker) version of Cripps.

I disagree with some here, I think Carlton need to trade pick 1 for several top picks and get more talent. We are short still two players I think. Cripps, Charlie, Dow need another two additions in my opinion.
I think so too.

Reply #7
While we have some real crap at the bottom end there's enough decent players at the top end, a few albeit underdone, to be better than one win and 65 & 64pts defeats to the two bottom sides.

Whatever message Bolts is sending it's either the wrong message or it is simply falling on deaf ears. Enough is enough. Bolts isn't the man.

So we sack him and fall back into the young coach old coach trap? Repeating the sins of the past yet again?? As tough as it is stick with him and stay on the plan, but move on the supporting cast including the complete sports science crew there are too many injuries in game and to critical players, Two weeks in a row lost a ruckman, except this week it was the only one playing, completely destroyed the structure and something we were just not able to recover from. All the talk about landing "a big fish" will be moot when Cripps doesn't sign and requests a trade home......... :( :( :(
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #8
Gave up after half time, we were lucky Stkilda kicked so many points...disgraceful being belted by the two other bottom teams, why would any decent player want to join a rabble that are uncompetitive and lack fight...

Reply #9
It's official, we are broken as a club and lost.

If that wasn't Bolton and the coaching panel's last hurrah the board needs to go. How much more evidence do we need? And if the last two weeks don't change the CEO's mind that we need a priority pick then he should go too.

This post season we are no longer building for tilt at a flag, we are building just to get a competitive team together that will stop our beloved club from folding.

Reply #10
Just a disgraceful rabble...whose next, oh, Hawks at Marvel stadium, can’t wait....

Reply #11
Changed my mind about the priority pick....we are rock bottom and need it...

Reply #12
So we sack him and fall back into the young coach old coach trap? Repeating the sins of the past yet again?? As tough as it is stick with him and stay on the plan, but move on the supporting cast including the complete sports science crew there are too many injuries in game and to critical players, Two weeks in a row lost a ruckman, except this week it was the only one playing, completely destroyed the structure and something we were just not able to recover from. All the talk about landing "a big fish" will be moot when Cripps doesn't sign and requests a trade home......... :( :( :(

In game injuries are the sports science crews fault ? Umm ok...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #13
Well it is if they are okaying players to get out there who are not fit. Surely you have doubts about the conditioning crew with the amount of injuries this year?? ::) Back at ya
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #14
Gave up after half time, we were lucky Stkilda kicked so many points...disgraceful being belted by the two other bottom teams, why would any decent player want to join a rabble that are uncompetitive and lack fight...

They wouldn't, that is why we go to the draft again.