Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 26200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #15
Defined by Pressure ???? Nice one Bolts, I’m onboard ????

Reply #16
What a horror movie our club has become. Seeing Barker sitting next to BB giving him advice scared the shizen out of me!!

Sheesh, SOS, any more non-hackers from other clubs you've got your eyes on!  ::) :-[

Fortunately Cripps, Fisher, Curnow C, Dow, H & O'Brien gave us a glimpse of a better future.

Garlett, Polson, Shaw, Marchbank, SOJ, SPS & the Captain... Pfft.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Well it is if they are okaying players to get out there who are not fit. Surely you have doubts about the conditioning crew with the amount of injuries this year?? ::) Back at ya
Again, two ruckmen is your gripe, one with a hammy and one with shortness of breath... seriously ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #18
So we sack him and fall back into the young coach old coach trap? Repeating the sins of the past yet again?? As tough as it is stick with him and stay on the plan, but move on the supporting cast including the complete sports science crew there are too many injuries in game and to critical players, Two weeks in a row lost a ruckman, except this week it was the only one playing, completely destroyed the structure and something we were just not able to recover from. All the talk about landing "a big fish" will be moot when Cripps doesn't sign and requests a trade home......... :( :( :(

You embrace failure? One win and embarrassment.

You think there's no good coaching options out there. We have to actually get it right for once.

Reply #19
We seem to have addressed the issue of putting in a shocker every third week or so... managed back to back shockers. And there was the very real danger of our % being better than the GCs... we've successfully addressed that worry and may even achieve the incredible... a % in the 50s! (60.9% at present).

Well SOS will be happy.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20
First thing we need to do, both for their own respective sakes, and for the sake of footy, is trade Cripps and Curnow to other clubs. They deserve better than the clusterf@ck rabble we have become. We are robbing them of the career they deserve and it's just not fair.

Reply #21
What a horror movie our club has become. Seeing Barker sitting next to BB giving him advice scared the shizen out of me!!

Sheesh, SOS, any more non-hackers from other clubs you've got your eyes on!  ::) :-[

Fortunately Cripps, Fisher, Curnow C, Dow, H & O'Brien gave us a glimpse of a better future.

Garlett, Polson, Shaw, Marchbank, SOJ, SPS & the Captain... Pfft.

I've been struggling to find the words...I'll just use yours Baggers.

Clearly we've been "sold a pup"
Sadly the snake oil salesmen that sold it seem to be escaping scrutiny.
This rebuild strategy may eventually bear fruit but it will take many years longer than we were expected to believe.
A club can turn it's fortunes around without cutting to the bone...we did it ourselves at the start of the decade only to balk when it became a little difficult.
I actually feel sorry for Bolton, who's looking likely to join the list of coaches whose reputations have been forever tarnished by the phenomenon that is the Carlton Coaching Black Hole.

Reply #22
I've been struggling to find the words...I'll just use yours Baggers.

Clearly we've been "sold a pup"
Sadly the snake oil salesmen that sold it seem to be escaping scrutiny.
This rebuild strategy may eventually bear fruit but it will take many years longer than we were expected to believe.
A club can turn it's fortunes around without cutting to the bone...we did it ourselves at the start of the decade only to balk when it became a little difficult.
I actually feel sorry for Bolton, who's looking likely to join the list of coaches whose reputations have been forever tarnished by the phenomenon that is the Carlton Coaching Black Hole.

If we reference Stkilda as a yardstick most would say they are a failed rebuild, so where does that leave us....... :-\ :(

Reply #23
Having MK go down at the start of the game really impacted us. I expected them to run away with it when he went off although we held them off for a little while. Interesting he had shortness of breath and elevated heart rate..... what is going on with medical management of the boys??

Some class from Crippa, Charlie, Fisher, Dow, LOB, and big H.
Nothing in the contested possies, which i thought reflected improved effort. Tackles -20 thereabouts. Not good enough.
The not good enough players were there for all to see.
I think Lamb might get a forced holiday for a nasty incident with Gresham.

I've got to say it. That was the worst umpiring I've seen. The inconsistencies were stark. Just one example q4 Kennedy marks top of the goal square. His opponent concedes and prepares to get on the mark. Umpires calls play f%#* on.... No chance when that's happening.  Not that we were a genuine chance but let's have consistency.

Gonna be a huge challenge for our recruiting staff to clear out the bottom rung and add some quality foot soldiers. The youngsters look the goods but then there's a massive gap. I wish we could play the same 22 occasionally  :o. Too much to ask for I guess :-\
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #24
If we reference Stkilda as a yardstick most would say they are a failed rebuild, so where does that leave us....... :-\ :(
Back where we started in 2015. And 2007. And 2002.

Reply #25
You embrace failure? One win and embarrassment.

You think there's no good coaching options out there. We have to actually get it right for once.
Firstly Laj, unless you are are mind reader you don't know what I think, and if you are you are no good.

Richmond, Geelong, and Collingwood all faced down the doubters and two of them by sticking with the coach and plan won flags, Collingwood this year in my obviously flawed opinion are probably the only team that can challenge Richmond,

What is our history this century? Bring in (or back in the case of Parko) an "old coach", use him up then sack him for an untried one, three times for zero stability and sustainability

So according to your plan lets do it one more time for the likes of, who? Lyon? Roos?

Or adopt those other successful clubs, stick fat (to coin a Sticks phrase) and see what happens. We dont do that and all we are doing is feeding the chooks and endorsing the sad fact that we are a reactionary club that is lead by other's opinions..
Again, two ruckmen is your gripe, one with a hammy and one with shortness of breath... seriously ?

Northern, my "gripe" as you put it was more about that the players we lost in the first quarter were both crucial to the entire structure for both games, Martin is good enough again to be All Australian this year, so we played two ruckmen to curtail his influence, the "fit"one goes down early, robbing us of the option of an extra tall forward so Kreuser has to ruck all day. This week he goes down, with no back up as we brought in an untried young player who is a forward, not a back up ruckman, Some will say its madness at the MC but my take is that we are running out of players. Kreuser goes down early (by the way only back one game since being injured!!! My point!!!), game over.

So lets sack the coach as usual.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #26
There's one positive coming up. I get to knock off to Europe mid next month and miss the end of the season. Be pleased to see the back of footy this year.

Reply #27
Result didn’t surprise me. Didn’t understand those who gave us a chance. We are so far below the rest of the comp it’s not funny.   List is poor but can’t win when you have 5 or so players every single week who we just can’t get a contribution from.

Polson is not even close to AFL standard - not even sure he is VFL standard yet he continues to get a game. Gets the ball under 5 times a match and then runs like headless chook with absolutely no clue.

And then we decide he should have his contract extended!! WTF.

I mean seriously is this a forking joke of what!! Had a 3 touches tonight and went at 33%. In his last 4 games he averaged 5 possessions at 30% efficiency.

Is the club deliberately taking the p1ss with this guy.

Add in garlett as another who has no clue and we pretty much start the game 2 players down.

We are bad enough without these 2 players.

I just don’t get it anymore.

Reply #28
If Polson plays next week.......I don’t even wanna think about it......????????????
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #29
Firstly Laj, unless you are are mind reader you don't know what I think, and if you are you are no good.

Richmond, Geelong, and Collingwood all faced down the doubters and two of them by sticking with the coach and plan won flags, Collingwood this year in my obviously flawed opinion are probably the only team that can challenge Richmond,

What is our history this century? Bring in (or back in the case of Parko) an "old coach", use him up then sack him for an untried one, three times for zero stability and sustainability

So according to your plan lets do it one more time for the likes of, who? Lyon? Roos?

Or adopt those other successful clubs, stick fat (to coin a Sticks phrase) and see what happens. We do that and all we are doing is feeding the chooks and endorsing the sad fact that we are a reactionary club that is lead by other's opinions..
Northern, my "gripe" as you put it was more about that the players we lost in the first quarter were both crucial to the entire structure for both games, Martin is good enough again to be All Australian this year, so we played two ruckmen to curtail his influence, the "fit"one goes down early, robbing us of the option of an extra tall forward so Kreuser has to ruck all day. This week he goes down, with no back up as we brought in an untried young player who is a forward, not a back up ruckman, Some will say its nadness at the MC but my take is that we are running out of players. Kreuser goes down early (by the way only back one game since being injured!!! My point!!!), game over.

So lets sack the coach as usual.

Those sides weren't down the bottom with one win and going backwards in a hurry. If they were they wouldnt be coaching so lets not talk crap. They were competitive sides. Richmond, Geelong back then were multiple finalists before their bad year.  Bit of a difference.

We have no structure, poorly drilled, game plan terrible, players confused as to their roles. We look like they have no idea out there. Like I said you might embrace failure and happy to stay as we are, I'm not. Bulldog sacked their coach then won a flag. They were worse than us in 2014. If they listened to you they'd have won nothing.