Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 26197 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
Enough said, cant have any form of discourse with a person who appears to know one's most inner thoughts, what's the point(?), I hope you enjoy your holiday pal
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #31
I'm not sure sacking the coach is going to achieve much.
We have a terrible list (apart from a handful of class youngsters and a few oldies).
Many of thr players  are now totally bereft of confidence as the losses continue and we have injuries and poor form to players who should be forming part of the nucleus of the team (eg Weitering, Marchbank).
I say we stay the course with Bolton until next year and focus on getting the support staff right (ala Richmond) and of course improve the list.

Reply #32
Keep Bolts, sack all of his dud assistants. Bring in ex coaches to replace them, Eade, Voss, Roos..hell!! Even bring in Hird. Bolts needs better support around him to improve as a match day coach, he is currently surrounded by crap.

Reply #33
Good news is we didn’t have a goalless quarter this week ????
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #34
Keep Bolts, sack all of his dud assistants. Bring in ex coaches to replace them, Eade, Voss, Roos..hell!! Even bring in Hird. Bolts needs better support to make him a better match day coach, he is currently surrounded by crap.

Now finally here is someone who can read my mind!!!! Never said that Bolton is our messiah, but we have been so committed to this reconstruction we simply must see it out until the end of next season, we brought in cheap foot soldiers (Mullet, Shaw, Kerridge, O'Shae etc) who have proven to be allbut useless, but what wasn't and couldn't have been anticipated was the injury list from hell, these blokes were not meant to play more than 5 or 6 games a year, but the spuds have been in every game. Someone broke a mirror, or killed a chinaman, and today was Friday the 13th!!!
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #35
We have a terrible list (apart from a handful of class youngsters and a few oldies).
Many of thr players  are now totally bereft of confidence as the losses continue and we have injuries and poor form to players who should be forming part of the nucleus of the team (eg Weitering, Marchbank).
I say we stay the course with Bolton until next year and focus on getting the support staff right (ala Richmond) and of course improve the list.
We have a list full of talent that is under performing. It's time to try a different coaching group to develop them and give them a different game plan to work with.

Reply #36
I've been struggling to find the words...I'll just use yours Baggers.

Clearly we've been "sold a pup"
Sadly the snake oil salesmen that sold it seem to be escaping scrutiny.
This rebuild strategy may eventually bear fruit but it will take many years longer than we were expected to believe.
A club can turn it's fortunes around without cutting to the bone...we did it ourselves at the start of the decade only to balk when it became a little difficult.
I actually feel sorry for Bolton, who's looking likely to join the list of coaches whose reputations have been forever tarnished by the phenomenon that is the Carlton Coaching Black Hole.

Finally someone agrees with me.  After 3 years, and 3 bannings etc.  Sheez.

Reply #37

Watch Bolton's press conference.  It was full of lies, excuses, flowery language, gen y feather preening.  And you want to keep him?  Seriously. 

Reply #38
So who do you propose as Bolton's replacement?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39

We need to look around for the best available at the seasons end- install Barker/Teague now. I would sound out Bevo

Reply #40
Barker!?!  Really?   Based on his track record he'd be the first bloke I'd show the door too.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
May as well complete the gws transition and bring in Leon Cameron. At least he knows half the players and has experience with a developing side.

Reply #42
Finally someone agrees with me.  After 3 years, and 3 bannings etc.  Sheez.

You were never banned for having an opinion. ;)
It was how you expressed it that was a bit over the top.

...and I've been a rebuild sceptic/denier since they first suggested it.... if you look back.
The objective may have been the right way to go if carried out correctly.
Injuries have had an impact.
It may still turn out for the best, but we're in a bit of a hole at the moment.
It's just the reasons for it at the time, and the timing, were a bit dubious.

Reply #43
Nothing wrong with a rebuild if it's done well. Ours unfortunately is built on the shifting sands of some very very ordinary unreliable foot soldiers who are bringing the solid quality section of our list crashing down. We just have far far to many untalented or very modestly talented players. Go to work SOS!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
Nothing wrong with a rebuild if it's done well. Ours unfortunately is built on the shifting sands of some very very ordinary unreliable foot soldiers who are bringing the solid quality section of our list crashing down. We just have far far to many untalented or very modestly talented players. Go to work SOS!
our rebuild has been done by the same people who continue making crap decisions over and over again.  Considering the panel that was assembled to sign Bolton,  and the fact that sos has drafted a bunch of kids with talent it's everyone else who's holding us back, not the coach.

Our medicos need to be in the gun.  I've never seen so many one to three week injuries take twice as long to heal and render a team uncompetitive for the season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson