Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 25696 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #105
Double post.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #106
That trash bag we wore last night is a putrid and failed marketing attempt. The white us a logical reversal of the colours we wear in our regulation guernsey, the baby blue is at least blue. The grey looks like a poor 80’s attempt at trying to be all 2000’s and the space age future. The coaches should be all knocking out stats on Commodore 64s and we should be serving Tang at quarter time.

Reply #107
That trash bag we wore last night is a putrid and failed marketing attempt. The white us a logical reversal of the colours we wear in our regulation guernsey, the baby blue is at least blue. The grey looks like a poor 80’s attempt at trying to be all 2000’s and the space age future. The coaches should be all knocking out stats on Commodore 64s and we should be serving Tang at quarter time.

Maybe Elon Musk could build us a little submarine ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #108
Simply, WGAF what the media think about OUR jumper.
Do we like it? That is all that matters.

I think you are naive if you think the personal derision our club wears from the likes of has-been players in Ling and Taylor has no effect!

It's just another cross to bear, and the continual repetition that sort of criticism brings has a real world influence on players and sponsors.

It's too easy and simplistic for fans to say the players shouldn't hear, watch or read the media. They cannot divorce themselves from the reality that they live in, they are bathed in the commentary daily, as are sponsors and potential sponsors.

Effects like pareidolia are not some not a crazy alternative reality conspiracy theory, they are very very real! Like it or lump it, what people hear, read or see does influence their opinion consciously and sub-consciously!

If anyone thinks I'll sit back non-reactive and let spuds like Ling and Taylor throw stones and make comments like that about our club, passively spreading my butt cheeks for them to have a free serve, they have got another thing coming.

The fact our club officials are so meek and mild in the light of this sort of slanderous media barrage is even more disgusting, no wonder blokes like Tom Elliott have oxygen! In the absence of some fight, we have to assume people like The Judge, Liddle, Judd, McKay, SOS and others all agree with them!

How can fans take joy or solace in the progress of children, while putting up with those spuds hanging crap on the club right through-out the broadcast at every available opportunity?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109
Baby blue was the most God awful thing we've ever worn.

Awful away jumpers being put into perspective with what Hawthorn is wearing right now. Pink and brown stripes? Really?

Hawthorn's away strips are in a different realm of bad. Its a standing joke.

Reply #110
re my comments.

They were all in relation to the people on this site, not the wider footballing community.

I just got through saying your focus on the media is unhealthy.....prove it again.
Simply, WGAF what the media think about OUR jumper.
Do we like it? That is all that matters.
I like it
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #111
Hawthorn's away strips are in a different realm of bad. Its a standing joke.

Nobody gives a feck, when last did McAvaney, McFarlane, BT or Ling last come out and pot any Hawthorn strip in the official media?

The jumpers are just an excuse they use to have another whack at our club, they are addicted to kicking us, it's become too easy for them and our club officials have made it easy for them. Grow some balls Carlton and call them out!

I like it

It's not about whether the jumper is any good or not, it's the media's public act of derision you should worry about!

It's not even like the media is just talking down Carlton, they are talking down the whole AFL brand, the AFL who decides that we need to wear an alternative strip against the Aints!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
There’s one thing - and one thing only - that will shut the media harpies up. Winning. The club knows this.

At the moment we have no voice or credibility and unfortunately we just have to grin and bear it.

Even when we get pulverized and bullied all night and yet the first hard tackle we lay gets pinged for being dangerous. Even when clear marks are disallowed. Even when the opposition handballs it directly out of bounds but the umpire is in the wrong spot to see. Even when every other club kicks out over the line in practically every game yet we get penalized twice in the one game.

Winning doesn’t just bring respect, it brings privileges.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #113
new forward coach,new defence coach and new midfield coach ,new fitness /strength coach  and new medical department and how early can pre season start.

Reply #114

My position is similar.

I think a simple reversal of the Navy and White plus a few accents. Not groundbreaking, but also no need to reinvent the wheel. Like some of our old clash jumpers.

And while I'm at it, can we go back to the more modern, rounded CFC monogram ? I know the squashed vintage version is meant to remind us of our glorious past, but it's ugly. And if it's meant to inspire the players, well............

Reply #115
I think you are naive if you think the personal derision our club wears from the likes of has-been players in Ling and Taylor has no effect!

It's just another cross to bear, and the continual repetition that sort of criticism brings has a real world influence on players and sponsors.

It's too easy and simplistic for fans to say the players shouldn't hear, watch or read the media. They cannot divorce themselves from the reality that they live in, they are bathed in the commentary daily, as are sponsors and potential sponsors.

Effects like pareidolia are not some not a crazy alternative reality conspiracy theory, they are very very real! Like it or lump it, what people hear, read or see does influence their opinion consciously and sub-consciously!

If anyone thinks I'll sit back non-reactive and let spuds like Ling and Taylor throw stones and make comments like that about our club, passively spreading my butt cheeks for them to have a free serve, they have got another thing coming.

The fact our club officials are so meek and mild in the light of this sort of slanderous media barrage is even more disgusting, no wonder blokes like Tom Elliott have oxygen! In the absence of some fight, we have to assume people like The Judge, Liddle, Judd, McKay, SOS and others all agree with them!

How can fans take joy or solace in the progress of children, while putting up with those spuds hanging crap on the club right through-out the broadcast at every available opportunity?

If i am capable of living my life without letting comments by those in the media getting to me about my beloved blues, then i'm sure those within the club are too.

Its not about whether it gets to them. Its whether you worry about them getting to you, if you can control it, if your energy is better foccussed elsewhere.

You don't need a blanket ban of media. You don't need to read it all. You don't need to analyse everything you read.
All i'm saying is that if the media want to have a go at us about our alternative strip. Let them. Who cares? Are we going to play poorer football because of it? If the answer is yes, then we need to find some better footballers/administrators.

Nathan Buckley carved out a fair career for someone who was constantly criticised despite being a great of the game. That continued into his coaching career too. You know what, he's going alright at present. Luckily he doesn't let the media dictate his moods/moves.

Reply #116
My position is similar.

I think a simple reversal of the Navy and White plus a few accents. Not groundbreaking, but also no need to reinvent the wheel. Like some of our old clash jumpers.

And while I'm at it, can we go back to the more modern, rounded CFC monogram ? I know the squashed vintage version is meant to remind us of our glorious past, but it's ugly. And if it's meant to inspire the players, well............

...and there were plenty of people who didn't like that one either.
Funnily enough, most of the people who didn't like that one suggested something like the greyish alternative we have now.

You won't please everyone.

Reply #117
...and there were plenty of people who didn't like that one either.
Funnily enough, most of the people who didn't like that one suggested something like the greyish alternative we have now.

You won't please everyone.

Yes, I agree.

Reply #118
Nathan Buckley carved out a fair career for someone who was constantly criticised despite being a great of the game. That continued into his coaching career too. You know what, he's going alright at present. Luckily he doesn't let the media dictate his moods/moves.

Buckley is a prime example, for much of his initial career he had McGuire, Pert and even Malthouse out in the media actively defending him, at least until Malthouse cracked the sad and switched sides!

Where is our executive branch, hiding under a blanket somewhere growing in their own dark damp like fungii!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
Buckley is a prime example, for much of his initial career he had McGuire, Pert and even Malthouse out in the media actively defending him, at least until Malthouse cracked the sad and switched sides!

Where is our executive branch, hiding under a blanket somewhere growing in their own dark damp like fungii!

...and he had 10 times as many critics as anything we have......and you might say ours are justified.

Big difference.

All we have to do is try and people are happy.
He was accused of trying too hard!