Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 437154 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1845
@LP
The Feds are opposed to border closures - remember Scotty from marketing’s initial support for Clive Palmer’s court action against the WA Government.  It’s not good for business even if it may stop the spread of the virus.

Teflon Gladys indeed!
Yes, that is just one perspective of involvement though, they are helping in NSW in a lot of other ways that they didn't in Vic due to politics.

But I agree, it's clear they choices they are making.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1846
Border closures aren't the answer. There needs to be a common, national approach. When there is an out break, put a ring around it. No one in or out of the area. Its not that darken hard.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1847
I see today they have closed a loop with international flight crews must undergo mandatory 14 day quarantine in Melbourne. About  time.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1848
Precisely, just as I said last week.  Will cost each of the airlines a bomb with spare crews having to be based here to effect a quick a/c turnaround

Reply #1849
Ohh my, does it seem that Gladys is spreading the Christmas joy? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1850
Interesting perspective, Gladys said it was OK to have a few visitors Christmas Day but NYD fireworks celebrations are taboo, is that a sign of the NSW Liberals being very heavily and too influenced by the hard Christian right? We can Happy Clap together but we mustn't be seen lighting a Penny Bunger in public! I'm not against the restrictions, but I struggle to understand how arbitrary they seem to be applied, it's like when in Vic the police allowed the BLM protests in the middle of the COVID lockdown!

Feel for Greg Norman, pretty fitness orientated but it seems he has been hit quite hard by COVID side-effects, hopefully not long term. On twitter some claim he may have been re-tweeting some of the sceptical/cynical new earther Anti-COVID posts a few months back, not now I gather! But I doubt that twitter claim is true anyway, more like Norman was debunking the loopy claims of people like Pete Evans and has been mis-quoted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1851
@LP
The police charged the BLM organisers - not sure what happened though.

As for Norman, he is a booster for the now lame duck POTUS and praised his [mis]handling of the pandemic.  Nothing like a severe illness to provide a reality check!

I understand he’s back in hospital and is pretty crook.  I hope he gets over it but I can’t help thinking that it’s poetic justice.

Remember Malcolm Turnbull called Norman to get the POTUS’s phone number so he could congratulate him on his election win.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1852
Gladys is having a Barry Crocker it's like watching Dan Andrews on replay, the denial is palpable, on with the NYE Fireworks followed by the humidity packed SCG test. The spike is just another anomaly, and those unrelated cases are nothing to do with the Christmas Day breakouts, NYE roll on NSW people are good and always well behaved compared to the rest of us baddies! ::)

Craps anyone?

So does this mean Dan did a good job or that Gladys is a dickhead, it seems there is no middle ground option?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1853
Well 3 new cases in Melbourne. Let's see how the covid state handles this compared to SA and NSW.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1854
Well 3 new cases in Melbourne. Let's see how the covid state handles this compared to SA and NSW.
Interesting times, if we are getting cases in the middle of summer then it doesnt bode well for the cooler months.
Wonder if the vaccine might make an earlier appearance than expected given these cases will probably lead to more and NSW are already looking at tighter restrictions. Not sure what Gladys is doing allowing the cricket to proceed either.
I can see the Qld premier locking up the state again...

Reply #1855
NO more repatriations ... from anywhere

Reply #1856
The 3 people have been all over the place. Oakleigh, Mentone, Glen Waverley, Fountain Gate Shops on boxing day!!

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1857
Granted, but doesn't look good in a wider context

Reply #1858
The 3 people have been all over the place. Oakleigh, Mentone, Glen Waverley, Fountain Gate Shops on boxing day!!

Are these people linked to the NSW Northern Beaches outbreak?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #1859
Yep.  Idiots
"everything you know is wrong"