Skip to main content
Topic: 360 (Read 3004 times) previous topic - next topic

Look I'm not one to dwell on sentimental crap, but I was sent this link from a young bloke who recently was an apprentice of mine. The message is powerful and honest. It actually opened my eyes to a whole other world of addiction and I respect that this influential artist is confronting his fans with his affliction.

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/SO5Gdsnlhk4[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: 360

Reply #1
Thanks JK. Very interesting side topic (while footy is quiet).
Must say I don't like rap but this guy's really nailed his message and I found myself listening intently. Powerful indeed. So many bloody substances around (over counter, prescribed, and illicit) that our young people can get hooked on. Strong reminder to stay emotionally close to loved one's.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #2
Thanks JK. Very interesting side topic (while footy is quiet).
Must say I don't like rap but this guy's really nailed his message and I found myself listening intently. Powerful indeed. So many bloody substances around (over counter, prescribed, and illicit) that our young people can get hooked on. Strong reminder to stay emotionally close to loved one's.

Thanks LN,

I have to admit I'd never heard of Codeine addiction from over the counter sales. I had back surgery a few years back and was alarmed when some work colleagues made advances to my supply of Endone and Oxycontin. I never gave it up, but it stunned me. My GP injected me with Morphine so that I was able to get out of bed and have an MRI, and I was left bewildered as to how anyone could take this as a recreational drug.

You are right though when you say we need to stay emotionally close to loved ones. 360 told no-one of his problem and without loved ones would be dead.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
Yeah but how does one get addicted to codeine, I can't stand the stuff makes you feel gross. Each to their own I guess. It's like cigarettes and alcohol I guess, you need to control yourself, it's entirely up to you.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Thanks LN,

I have to admit I'd never heard of Codeine addiction from over the counter sales. I had back surgery a few years back and was alarmed when some work colleagues made advances to my supply of Endone and Oxycontin. I never gave it up, but it stunned me. My GP injected me with Morphine so that I was able to get out of bed and have an MRI, and I was left bewildered as to how anyone could take this as a recreational drug.

You are right though when you say we need to stay emotionally close to loved ones. 360 told no-one of his problem and without loved ones would be dead.

I was given a small supply of Oxycontin following my foot operation a few years ago. I only took one of them and was spun out in some kind of daze for a whole afternoon! Never took any more and threw the rest away. I was happier to put up with the discomfort.
Reality always wins in the end.