Skip to main content
Topic: 2020 SEASON SUSPENDED (Read 8102 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2020 SEASON SUSPENDED

Reply #30
I feel pretty good about the idea that we live our lives very differently today than the world did in 1919 (population density) and that most people who lived through the Spanish flu aren't able to recall those times very well.

My contention is that we haven't really started our covid battle. 

Not sure what you are trying to say re population density.
Its the getting together that gets people infected. Whether its 200,000 people at a parade, or 100,000 people at the MCG, thats how it spreads.

You could argue for and against either way. Point remains, it HAS happened before.

I heard about it by chance, came across it on a podcast i listen to often "Stuff you should know" which is a branch of www.howstuffworks.com.

If you aren't into podcasts, you can listen via youtube. These guys have been doing this for over 10 years now and have 1000's of episodes on just about anything you can think of. Do yourself a favour and have a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ann3OeiZA

Reply #31
Blatant cheating from the crows.   Even if it was just a dumb mistake,  the assistant coach who was there should be sacked on grounds of rank stupidity.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #32
The AFL won't fine the Crows, officially they might announce a fine, unofficially in the current climate it'll be a naughty corner moment with no real consequences.

Any reports of such a fine are just a face saving exercise.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
That would be a weak as piss response from the AFL.... Sixteen blokes,  a coach and a dietitian hanging out together at a resort?   Yep,  nothing to see here,  move along...

Grow a pair Gil and smack these bastards.

And I bet they aren't the only mob doing anything they could to circumvent the regulations.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
Why couldn't this idiot first lay down the fines to any club breaking the rules .... he's just not that clever.

Couldn't organise a pi55 up at a brewery. 

Reply #35
The AFL was expected to hit Adelaide hard. But instead of a big hit, the Crows have been given, to borrow from the competition's drug code, a first strike. On the face of it, it is laughably lenient.
Was there any doubt!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
The AFL Clubs and players are behaving like a bunch of privileged twats!

It'll be a miracle if the restart train stays on the rails given their inability to restrain themselves for even a week or two.

I'm starting to understand how Dangerfield got elected!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
I dont really understand why the players and coaching staff weren't able to continue training as normal through the crisis.

After all, it was their work they were training for and provided they did the appropriate stuff outside of training, their contact tracing should have been easy enough.

Even if they were divided into the mids, forwards, backs and followers it would have been ok.

Sure no matches or even scratch matches.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #38
About a month ago, the entire Dees list was, pretty full on, training at Sorrento FC..... no reports have surfaced (their players are obviously better at keeping the lid on)…  I wonder how many other clubs have been doing covert stuff

Reply #39
It seems that footy will be back on 11 June with the Tigers taking on the Magpies ...
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #40
Expect us to form a significant chunk of the broadcast schedule, because like it or not for BT, Darcy and the other critics, we rate on TV!

So also expect the complaints to come loud and fast!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Footy's back. Official start again on June 11.
WA and SA teams to be located in QLD as has been reported.
Player families to be also located in hubs.
Grand final to be played in Victoria.
Fixture to be released in 4-6 week blocks.

Reply #43
And now the AFL has taken the opportunity to admit many of their staff will not be returning.

Think I heard 60% .... 

Reply #44
I'm going to go early crow and say we won't get going for some reason.  Call it a hunch. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson