Skip to main content
Topic: Stand by Tuohy (Read 18441 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stand by Tuohy

Reply #45
Not for Tuohy I'm not. I really rate the guy. I think he's suffering from lack of confidence just like the rest of the team apart from maybe Chris Yarran.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #46
Martin is a super talented player I think you'd find he'd beat most of our defenders in that situation.

That's true.  I thought he would goal if he got his hands on the ball.  However, Tuohy just followed Martin rather than trying to beat him to the ball or take him out of the contest.  I'd back Carrazzo, Ellard, Cachia, Gibbs, etc to make it a lot harder for Martin.

I think Tuohy has been a great addition to our squad and I'm sure he'll go on to play many great games for the club.  The issue is that other clubs are using his opponent very effectively as a scoring option.  The fact that he has had lots of goals kicked on him will be affecting his confidence and making him even less likely to back himself in a contest.

I think we have to persevere with Tuohy in defence . . . but, we should move Walker forward and bring in a hard-nosed defender.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
Not for Tuohy I'm not. I really rate the guy. I think he's suffering from lack of confidence just like the rest of the team apart from maybe Chris Yarran.

It is interesting how he is looking better than ever.

Reply #48

He has too much talent LR, had to shine through sooner or later. In reality, he should already be a whole lot better than he is but he'll get there.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49

He has too much talent LR, had to shine through sooner or later. In reality, he should already be a whole lot better than he is but he'll get there.

I think he likes being the best player in the team.... just one of those guys.

Reply #50

When he is on fire, he can really hurt other sides.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #51

I've posted this already but Yarran is a very very determined young man, mentally very tough and very focused IMO, despite being regarded but some as mentally soft and a bit of a front runner. He's started to show this steel now, I've recently noticed it really starting to shine through - he's there for the long haul for sure. I admit I had him completely wrong in the early days.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #52
I tend to agree with the comments about Yarran but wouldn't that mean our recruiters got something right?   :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #53
I tend to agree with the comments about Yarran but wouldn't that mean our recruiters got something right?   :o

Recruiters were never wrong with Yazz, but he has underperformed and has received warranted criticism from coaches and the media alike.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #54

Yep he's a competitive beast, sees himself as the best, wants to be the best, just has to produce it consistently now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!