Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #180
Ok, it's game day and I'm really confident of a good showing. Look a lot better structural with Waite in the side and I think we can stretch the bulldogs undersized defence. The dogs are an elite stoppage and clearance team, this is where it's critical we match it with them. Judd, bell, and Cripps give us hardness at the contest. Would like to see Juddy as sub, doubt it would happen tho.
Eat more chooks

Reply #181
Ok, it's game day and I'm really confident of a good showing. Look a lot better structural with Waite in the side and I think we can stretch the bulldogs undersized defence. The dogs are an elite stoppage and clearance team, this is where it's critical we match it with them. Judd, bell, and Cripps give us hardness at the contest. Would like to see Juddy as sub, doubt it would happen tho.

Yes, the clearances and midfield work is what I'll be watching closely because that's where we've been bad so far. If we can get that right and improve our goal kicking accuracy then we are in with a show definitely.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #182
Petty sure Ratts had implemented his gameplan prior to Richardson coming over had he not?

Just wondered how long it would take for you to jump in Carrots.  ;D

Hey just pointing out the obvious. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #183
Petty sure Ratts had implemented his gameplan prior to Richardson coming over had he not?

Hey just pointing out the obvious. :P

Yes, many things are obvious........to zealots. ;)

Reply #184
Well I'd hate for you to portray something in a different light to what it actually is. Your credibility means a lot to me! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #185
Well I'd hate for you to portray something in a different light to what it actually is. Your credibility means a lot to me! :))

Thanks for your concern mate, it's just that I'm a little more circumspect than you (since I joined the Jewish race).  8)

Reply #186

Owned. 8)

On a serious note, it was real cavalier stuff. They ran like gazelles up the field, and yes, now that I think of it, it does remind me of our old plan. What I liked more was their incessant pressure off the ball. Bombers couldn't handle it at all. Young Luke Dunstan and Jack Billings..stars in the making.

30+ touches for Lenny Hayes and a vintage game from Riewoldt, it makes it so much easier when your best players fire.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #187
With Garlett and Watson both playing for the NBs, White must be the 'designated emergency'.  At least we know that Judd and possibly Thomas have both come up for the game.

Reply #188
Buckley out, White in, Judd is sub.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #189
SUNDAY 20 APRIL

Western Bulldogs v Carlton at Etihad Stadium, 4.40pm

LATE CHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Nil
Carlton: Dylan Buckley replaced in the selected side by Simon White

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontompelli, Matthew Boyd, Shaun Higgins
Substitute: Daniel Giansiracusa
Carlton: Patrick Cripps, Andrejs Everitt, David Ellard
Substitute: Chris Judd
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #190
OK, MM has lost the plot now.

Judd sub, FFS if he is fit he plays, if he isn't he shouldn't be risked.

Having Judd as sub is just asking for a soft tissue injury!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
OK, MM has lost the plot now.

Judd sub, FFS if he is fit he plays, if he isn't he shouldn't be risked.

Having Judd as sub is just asking for a soft tissue injury!

at etihad...

if judd is a sub...not fit and therefore dogs will run over the top of us at the end like last year....

Reply #192
I can't help it....it's always like  this just before the game.
We'll win
Blues by 24. :D
(heart feeling)

Don't mind Judd as the sub actually.
He may be fit, but he does lack match fitness.
....and they would never bring him back through the VFL.
The other thing is that if it's a close game going into the last quarter wouldn't it give the side and the supporters a lift to see him run onto the ground.
It's a little thing but one that could make a difference.

Reply #193
Buckley was omitted for 'team balance'.  He didn't have a great game last week but he has been one of our more consistent performers.  He's in his third season so it shouldn't be a fitness or durability issue.  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball