Skip to main content
Topic: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch) (Read 57294 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 5 - Western Bulldogs vs Carlton (Prematch)

Reply #45
Jamo is injured. Confirmed. May struggle to get up. But he is of no use injured.

Thomas has an injured shoulder and probably shouldn't play.

Apparently Warnock got reported. Interesting to see how that goes. Assume he gets pinged - we usually do. Then Wood has to come in.

Waite and Garlett didn't do enough in the VFL. However, Broke and Tommy Bell did what they could. Both are chances.

Docherty looked good again, according to Baggers and the official report. However, he missed enough that he is not match fit yet.

Judd is supposed to be back, but it is extremely unlikely that he will be 100 %.

Things could look worse, but they are not looking good.

Can we change our tune and gain some form and confidence for next week? I'd like to think so, but it looks extremely improbable.

I'm almost happy my wife invited the relations up for Easter.

If Waite isn't injured, he MUST play. Couldn't care less how badly he's going. He has the ability to do things from time to time, that others in the team can't do.

He should never have been dropped.

Murphy being our forward target, albeit to try and take Jones out of the game, is evidence enough that Waite should have played and that it was a stupid decision to leave him out. ::)

Reply #46
The Herald-Sun has interesting and insightful views on the Carlton situation.
Bit like you guys have being saying.
Perhaps we should elevate us to run the Carlton Board

Reply #47
Not the worst idea going around at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #48
ON THE BLOCK: Another week, another loss. But where does the finger pointing land? The Blues are likely to lose one or two to injury, but how many others will Mick point out? Zach Tuohy was well below his best against the Dess, Andrejs Everitt hasn’t showed anything like his pre-season form, and if Mick wanted to make a real statement then Dale Thomas would certainly be that.

ON THE CUSP: For the second straight week at least there’s good news for the Blues in that the twos are pushing up. Former Lion Sam Docherty was among the best for the Northern Blues and looks a certainty to earn his first start in a Carlton jumper. Brock McLean, Tom Bell (three goals) and Simon White were also good in the narrow win. Jarrad Waite kicked two goals, but Jeff Garlett didn’t do a heap at the lower level.

BEN BROAD’S FORECAST: After being rolled by the Demons, the task doesn’t get any easier for the underwhelming Blues this week — a meeting with the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium on Sunday. One senses the Blues just need a sniff — and their confidence up — before they might get rolling in a match. Expect Waite to return as he’s too good to be playing in the VFL and would stretch the Dogs at the back. It should be an interesting selection meeting at Visy Park.
HS 14/4/14

After last week I'm surprised he only found three names  ;D
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #49

I called:

Malthouse was Pagan mark II.

Greg Swann overrated.

Murphy not a captain.

Thomas a huge risk.

Let's face it, if I was in charge none of this crap would've happened.

VOTE #1 PASSIT2CARROTS.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
C'mon Carrots . If you were in charge Jordan Russell would be playing coach .   ;)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #51
Be nice for people to suggest something instead of just slagging, seems to be the small paper way.  We could all name 20 blokes on the block...

Everitt to be played in his best position (running half  back).  Betwixt and between this bloke.
Thomas to be omitted if he ain't fit (clearly is only half fit anyway).
Touhy to played up the ground and old to take the game on.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
Be nice for people to suggest something instead of just slagging, seems to be the small paper way.  We could all name 20 blokes on the block...

Everitt to be played in his best position (running half  back).  Betwixt and between this bloke.

Presuming Jamo is out then blockhead Watson will probably have to play or we throw Giles in...
Warnock out...Wood in
Touhy out...Doherty in
Waite in....
Bell in....Daisy out(rest that shoulder)
Robbo in....Lucas out

I'd give Mclean another week in the two's....

I remember Ratten got the team off the deck and played kids like Bell and we beat the Bulldogs when were not expected to.....

Reply #53
If Watson wasn't considered good enough to cover a half fit Dawes then I don't see what match up there is in the league for him.... CHF?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #54
If Watson wasn't considered good enough to cover a half fit Dawes then I don't see what match up there is in the league for him.... CHF?

Watson is too unreliable as a defender IMO and certainly vulnerable speed-wise. If we are to try and salvage anything from him I agree CHF would be worth a try. We could try and exploit his long kicking abilities but our delivery to him would need to be pretty good.

I would keep Lachie forward and bring Waite back into the defence. If Jamo is out especially, we'll have to stick with Rowe in defence as well. In fact we should stick with him for a while and see if some more match time will improve him - despite what others have said I think we could make a reasonable defender out of him until we can find someone better longer term.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #55
I dont see the point of yo-yoing Watson up and down.  Between the 1's and the 2's.  He is now big enough and old enough to at least park on an opposition forward, and get him to follow the bloke around all game.  Concede he is going to cost you some goals, and just let him get up to the pace of AFL football.

Particularly now with a 0-4 start, that booming kick, and not much else to replace Jamison.  You dont know what this kid might start doing regularly if he can get 10 games in a row at AFL level.

Sure there is as much chance it goes the other way, but we have nothing to lose now.  We wont be contesting for a top 4 spot from here without a serious turn of form, and Id rather not make up the numbers for the warm and fuzzies of playing finals football, as we have been there and done that now. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
The big question is whether the club wants primarily to try and rescue something from the season in terms of ladder position or whether it wants to put senior development time into the kids. I suspect the former atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #57

Presuming Jamo is out then blockhead Watson will probably have to play or we throw Giles in...
Warnock out...Wood in
Touhy out...Doherty in
Waite in....
Bell in....Daisy out(rest that shoulder)
Robbo in....Lucas out

I'd give Mclean another week in the two's....

I remember Ratten got the team off the deck and played kids like Bell and we beat the Bulldogs when were not expected to.....

I suspect Simon White will get a recall if Jammo's out injured. White was good for the NBs on Sunday... especially up forward.

Although Brock got plenty of the aggott (best game for the year) his disposal by hand wasn't up to his usual standard. Like a lot of the blokes in the seniors, his passes were short of the mark. But I reckon he'll get a recall. Dinger will be in as will Robbo. Waite will no doubt also get a gig. Love to see Zackery around the middle and Docherty take up a spot on HB. But, gee, Docherty might be spent by half time. He started like a jet on Sunday but lack of fitness caught up with him.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #58
The big question is whether the club wants primarily to try and rescue something from the season in terms of ladder position or whether it wants to put senior development time into the kids. I suspect the former atm.

If it's the latter they can't waste anymore time on blokes who've had their papers stamped for next season. Just let them bide their time in the NB's. It was good enough for Laidler.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #59

If it's the latter they can't waste anymore time on blokes who've had their papers stamped for next season. Just let them bide their time in the NB's. It was good enough for Laidler.

We might struggle to field a team!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.