Skip to main content
Topic: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee (Read 16014 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Dylan Buckley - Round 2 Rising Star Nominee

Reply #45
The thing I loved about his game was just his intensity and attack on the contest. You could see on his face and in everything that he did that he was giving 100% effort 100% of the time. He ran himself to a standstill, cramped in the last qtr, then got up and went again. He gave away the clumsy free kick against Jack that led to their goal at the end, but his courage and willingness to run back with the flight at that late stage to create a contest was highly commendable. Everytime he got the ball he seemed to be prepared to take the game on.

It's all you can ask for in a young player - you can forgive them making mistakes as long as they are learning and they are putting in the effort. He provides flexibilty because he has pace and seems to use the ball pretty well, and having him in the side gives MM more options for Walker, Simpson and Yarran.

The sad reason why it stood out was that it is so rare for our recruits to play this way. The almost complete lack of intensity from Lucas, Bootsma and Watson drives me mad........

Reply #46
The sad reason why it stood out was that it is so rare for our recruits to play this way. The almost complete lack of intensity from Lucas, Bootsma and Watson drives me mad........

I'm telling you guys it's because he's a blueblood, he will bleed for the jumper.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #47
I don't disagree.

I just think you can't coach or develop indivdual hunger and desire in players - in my experience around footy a player either has it or he doesn't. Dylan looks like he has it in spades. And MM post game was glowing in praise for him and how he approaches his footy.

Unfortunately too many of our recruits seem to be seriously lacking in this area, or treat it is an 'optional extra' that comes and goes from time to time!

Reply #48
I don't disagree.

I just think you can't coach or develop indivdual hunger and desire in players - in my experience around footy a player either has it or he doesn't. Dylan looks like he has it in spades. And MM post game was glowing in praise for him and how he approaches his footy.

Unfortunately too many of our recruits seem to be seriously lacking in this area, or treat it is an 'optional extra' that comes and goes from time to time!

This could not be closer to the truth... This is and has been our biggest problem for 10 years.. 

Reply #50
Started at 66 kg, now 76 and wants to get to 80 kg.    Came into the club with no tank due to injuries...  just shows that we need to be patient with some of these kids.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
Started at 66 kg, now 76 and wants to get to 80 kg.    Came into the club with no tank due to injuries...  just shows that we need to be patient with some of these kids.

He will be something really special if we are prepared to wait.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #52

He will be something really special if we are prepared to wait.

Already is IMO.
I expect he will become a leader and a B&F winner in the future.
Simmo X Walker with an awesome pedigree.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #53
The only reason I'm not filled with dread when the ball goes into our D50.

Reply #54
He will still need time, give him this next pre-season to get to his preferred playing weight and then another couple of preseasons to build a tank and in around 3 years time, we may have ourselves an exciting midfielder !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #55
He will still need time, give him this next pre-season to get to his preferred playing weight and then another couple of preseasons to build a tank and in around 3 years time, we may have ourselves an exciting midfielder !!

He is exciting and will be a match winner. I'm certain he will get faster and last games easier when he has that tank. The mature body will help him around the contests. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.