Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis (Read 34541 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis

Reply #30
We Simply cant play  Carazzo, Mclean and curnow in the same game

Reply #31
Curnow did reasonable well after a long layoff - keeping Beams to below his normal output.

Thought the pies let us off lightly tonight to be honest.

Good to see us on fta tv again, despite the result.

Reply #32
Many people creamed heir jcks at Levi's game against the Hawks.
I and many others on the other hand, reserved our judgements until he put in a more consistent effort.
Last two weeks we ve seen the same old invisible Levi/
He's 24 FFS... how long do we have to keep persisting with a sub standard key forward option.

I was one who wasnt getting carried away with him and to fair he has tried hard around the ground and in the ruck.
But his kicking remains an issue and we now have him employing the Buddy angled approach with mixed results..its hard to win games when you have Key
Fowards like Levi and Henderson unbale to convert easy shots and to be a top team you need top class forwards who can convert.

Reply #33
Many people creamed heir jcks at Levi's game against the Hawks.
I and many others on the other hand, reserved our judgements until he put in a more consistent effort.
Last two weeks we ve seen the same old invisible Levi/
He's 24 FFS... how long do we have to keep persisting with a sub standard key forward option.

As long as it takes to find someone who can play there. Light on for those options right now so one has to make the best of what we have.

Reply #34
I thought Jamison played pretty well, Cloke is a bloody good footballer, Collingwood use the ball better than us and the delivery to him was very good most of the night.
I thought our defence was good, we got cut up through the middle at times and our forward line pressure was lacking, if Waite was fit it's a crime he didn't play and the members deserve an explanation.
If he plays we go very close.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
Bang on Smurfy.. can't play Carrots, MacLean and Curnow in the same side.  At least one must go.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #37
Bang on Smurfy.. can't play Carrots, MacLean and Curnow in the same side.  At least one must go.

Two I reckon.
They're slow, average skills, don't kick goals, very predictable footballers.
Play the kid who played tonight and Tom Bell, Bell at least has a bit of flair and can smell a goal.
We lack spark.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #38
I'd keep Curnow. Carrots is getting longer in the tooth. McLean has been very patchy this season.

Reply #42
Will be lucky to beat the Saints
And then no more wins for  the year I reckon

Reply #43
Throughout the Game thread, there was plenty of teeth-grinding, kicking of the cat, head-butting of brick walls, all in despair at the quality of our list and the obvious passengers we are carrying right now.     

Now we have to accept that our list isn't great, I'm sure most would concede that point. However, there really is the makings of something decent there with the young guys coming through.

Even though Menzel had a quiet night & Docherty rushed his disposals, they are going to be good players for us over the long-term. Throw in Buckley, young Johnson who wasn't fazed by the big occasion tonight and it is starting to take some shape.  

We also have that next rung up of older players like Murphy, Gibbs, Henderson, Yarran, Everitt, & Curnow to work with the aging players of Simpson, Walker, Judd & Thomas and we are not far off the mark.

McLean & Carrazzo really stood out tonight but for all the wrong reasons, they were slow, couldn't lay a tackle and seemed rather disinterested. Warnock got his hand to the aggot a lot but its highly debateable whether it went to our advantage. Jamison was a non-event tonight and he showed that he is going to struggle in big games at times.

Overall, we stunk it up badly early in the piece and handed them an easy lead and then spent the rest of the night playing "catch-up football", something you can only achieve with solid tackling and ball disposal.

Frustrating & infuriating overall but I'm not worried about that, I'm more focussed on the young kids in the team, they are the future and they are the ones to get everyone excited in anticipation about what the future may hold. 

Really hope that Johnson keeps his spot for the rest of the season and Nick Graham gets selected next week too.  

Looking forward to seeing some of the older guys changed over for some new young up & comers, we will be good to go big-time !!!

Agree with all of that....I think the role of Full back needs to be looked at seriously by the club...we need to find a replacement for Jamison who was
often yards behind Cloke tonight and was very dissapointing.

Lachie needs to go back there with Rowe EB1 and we need to focus on finding a good KPF. Also agree - a good analysis by Sheik.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
Murphy is the worst carlton captain i have seen

Not hard enough or leading enough