Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis (Read 34679 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis

Reply #75
You cannot win football matches playing blokes who are not 100% fit. MM is a massive failure in this regard because he talks about it a lot but he doesn't do what he says, it is just lip service and obfuscation!

I have no doubt that the following blokes were not fit enough to play last night;

Murphy
Armfield
Henderson
Jamison
Everitt
Tuohy

Added to our reported injury list, how we find ourselves in this situation week after week and season after season is both puzzling and bemusing. It is an abject failure of our MC, fitness staff and culture and has been for some time.

It is also a indictment on our list in general that our captain who was clearly hampered with injury was the only player putting himself in harms way regularly.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Man this was a shizen game. I am trying to think back to it and all I remember is Thomas handballing to his teammat... Err opponent who waltzes into a goal, Gibbs doing a few nice things around packs, robbo getting his head smashed and Murphy filling a hole. Everything else wiped.

We play a forgettable brand of football :(

Reply #77
We play a forgettable brand of football :(

I commend you for finding a brand if you have managed to identify a style, I thought it was mostly chaos?

This is far worse than anything we saw under Ratten, all hope has been surgically removed from this group of players! MM is making Ratten look like an over-achiever!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
Btw, that's now 3 weeks in a row whereby Warnock's opponent has been clearly in their best and who have been in the top 3 for SC scores. My lawn mower's got a bigger tank than Warnock. He has been largely abysmal the past 3 weeks and I for one would love to see Cam Wood get a gig ahead of him (is he eligible?) If it's good enough for the likes of Waite and Garlett to be dropped, then why not Warnock?

God almighty every time I see sauce Jacobs have a great game (as he did yesterday) I spit chips at the imbeciles who decided to let him go to Adelaide. I know he wanted to get back there but honestly we should've tried a hell of a lot harder to keep him and offload the spud Warnock. He is as bad a ruckman as I've seen in any team ever. Oh, maybe slightly better than Ricky Mott.

Reply #79
Warnock was a high price recruit, MK was a number 1 pick. Sam wanted some assurances and we were in no position to give them.

Reply #81
Warnock was a high price recruit, MK was a number 1 pick. Sam wanted some assurances and we were in no position to give them.

Sam wanted to go home, he wasn't asking for assurances he wanted out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82

Sam wanted to go home, he wasn't asking for assurances he wanted out!

Ratten told him the other 3 were ahead of him. He'd have stayed if he knew he was a shot at being the number 1 ruck.

Reply #83
Mick's post match...

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2014-06-29/cfc-tv-malthouse-post-match-r15

Some interesting comments about Yarran but not much else.
Mick sounded a bit crook.

So the first words out his mouth are
"class beat us" MM translation _ "It's not my fault."

Second sentence out of his mouth
"Dale was tense, looking for the perfect game" MM Tanslation "it's not my high priced recruits fault even though I got rid of  Eddie and he dominated for the Crows"

I actually think we played pretty well, but FMD does this guy ever take the blame?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
Amazing how he comes up with excuses for himself and Thomas. Is this bloke for real? WTF have we done?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
Ratten told him the other 3 were ahead of him. He'd have stayed if he knew he was a shot at being the number 1 ruck.

Are you referring to the article that was printed in Adelaide when Jacobs was interviewed on his return?

I think that article referred to a Jacobs assessment that left him 3rd or 4th in the pecking order, and at the time it was correct because he was clearly 3rd in the 1st ruck pecking order. Although he was already better around the ground than Warnock and perhaps Hampson despite being much slower across the ground than both. Sauces problem was that in practice games all three stiched him up game after game.

But debating Sauce is asking the wrong question, the question you need to ask is how we ended up with Warnock who is a complete one trick pony and in my opinion the weakest of the set?

Tap work is over-rated, real 1st rucks impose themselves in the contest, A La Mumford!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87
Ratten has to answer for that one. Sauce was one of our best in his last game for us, a final in Sydney! The MC cornered themselves by putting Krezuer and Warnock on too much coin, they simply could not afford anywhere near the amount Sauce wanted. So in short there was nothing that could be done at the time but better list management would've had us in a stronger position to keep him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #88
I said alot of years ago we were awful.  People on here said I was negative- hell, I was even banned.  I said our list was crape.  I said we had big issues at the top.  We are a club in turmoil.  Don't give me this 'oh we'll be okay if we play the kids'... truth is, we've recuited absolute crapola...we don't have any good kids! (with the exception of Menzle and Possibly Casboult).   We need a total clean out starting from the board down.  Seriously, we will finish 17th or 18th this year and that is a disaster for a side with 17 first round draft picks in it!    Murphy was an awful choice as captain.  Should have gone to Gibbs.  The other issue is we have people like Simpson and Carrots who are reminants of the Pagan era who people think are guns.  Mate they are crapola.  We should keep Murphy, Gibbs, Rowe, Jammo, Warnock, Daisy (even though he is crap but he might get better), Yarran, Hendo, Touhy, Menzle, Casboult and Judd.  The rest,  Goodbye and NEVER to return.  We are that far behind the competition at the moment it's not funny.  It's ridiculous that we kept our recruiter... he is a spud.  We need to get rid of Johhny Barker and Green and Co.  They are spuds.  Malthouse is a joke.  Flick him.

I agree with the thrust of this not necessarily the detail
There is a culture of complacency setting in our club now
If this result happened under the harris era players would not be paid as a minimum...

Reply #89
Ratten has to answer for that one. Sauce was one of our best in his last game for us, a final in Sydney! The MC cornered themselves by putting Krezuer and Warnock on too much coin, they simply could not afford anywhere near the amount Sauce wanted. So in short there was nothing that could be done at the time but better list management would've had us in a stronger position to keep him.

True but by that game the ship had sailed, Sauce was playing is last game and only the dollars depended on his output!

It is easy to talk about this in hindsight but nobody had a crystal ball back then, at the time Kreuzer was a top draft pick and looked a million dollars compared to all the others which left Warnock, Hampson and Sauce battling for 2nd place with even Casboult and O'hAilpin looking more likely KPF / 2nd ruck options as well!
The Force Awakens!