Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis (Read 34680 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Pies - Post match analysis

Reply #105
Would Jacobs have been the same player if he'd stayed at Carlton ;)

Reply #106

A good question, we have b0rked up a bunch of them so far, but it may have benefited the others which is why I argued against later trades. Rucks are really NFG until they get to 26 or 27, and we have flogged a bunch of them as 22 or 23 year olds.

We needed to keep the rucks so that we could manage them better, now we have lost all flexibility and the remnants are paying a heavy price.

If SpecialK does get back to even 80% of his best, with Rowe and Casboult getting better and hopefully better still, what happens to Warnock? I'd accept 15 or 20 less taps a game for a few timely defensive marks or the odd effective tackle or shepherd!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107

Good point.. Same could be asked of Chris Bond, and Leoncelli in earlier years,  and inversely for Scotland from the Pies. At other clubs there's J Schultz that comes to mind. It's not isolated just to us. Human beings respond differently to particular environments and corresponding opportunities. But in Jacobs case I'd say he would have developed into what he has if he stayed, they just had to listen to his performances rather than be guided by adhering to conviction of their previous selection decisions. It would have amounted to a kind of admission that they stuffed up that second round pick used on Hamspon. That's why such errors usually don't get corrected until there's personnel changes in footy departments, until the previous personnel responsible and attached to prior decisions are gone.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #108
Not sure if already mentioned, I noticed Mick was again quizzed about end of year list changes during post game presser. This time he rightly replied that any decisions regarding list would be made post season.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #109
Not sure if already mentioned, I noticed Mick was again quizzed about end of year list changes during post game presser. This time he rightly replied that any decisions regarding list would be made post season.

His demeanor has definitely changed and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been assured his job. End result: his bizarre head games played out in the media slow  :P

Reply #110

His demeanor has definitely changed and I wouldn't be surprised if he has been assured his job. End result: his bizarre head games played out in the media slow  :P

I was actually surprised at the lack of "testiness" at the press conference.
Thought he'd be a bit more worked up than that.

Reply #111

I agree IOT.

― Mark Twain

Reply #112
One problem with tanking is you can fool yourself in to believing you're much better than you currently are displaying.

Reply #113

I was actually surprised at the lack of "testiness" at the press conference.
Thought he'd be a bit more worked up than that.

Yeah it was as though "The Judge" has spoken to him about being more, shall we say, club focussed?

― Mark Twain

Reply #114
He's made repeated references to being beaten by teams with classier players - it seems obvious that he's going to target some real talent in the next trade period.

I was also surprised at his calmness - maybe it was his flu, or cold or whatever it was.

Reply #115
One problem with tanking is you can fool yourself in to believing you're much better than you currently are displaying.

Or that with the influx of additional "talent" you will suddenly develop a winning culture.

Reply #116
Robbo gets 2 for punching the head
Beams gets 0 for punching the body

Reply #117

Joke.

I'm surprised Rowe didn't get a spell for shoving Cloke when he out marked him in the first.

Reply #118

Garry Lyon rubbing it in even further on Footy Classified a few moments ago... "I wonder how Carlton supporters would be feeling" he said when referring to Jacobs performance over the weekend .

― Mark Twain

Reply #119

Joke.

I'm surprised Rowe didn't get a spell for shoving Cloke when he out marked him in the first.

i agree. I can understand Robbo getting done but would you consider his punch "forceful" ? He got him flush, no question but the force barely made the guys head spin?? Bad record did Robbo in more than the act itself.
Beams swung hard but Curnow didnt even flinch?  So b/c Curnow has rock hard guts does that mean the intent doesnt matter?

Gerrad Whately even suggested Robbo should have got 3 'cos the kid he punched had an iron Jaw !!!

Get F@@kED.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!