Skip to main content
Topic: Pass Mark 2015 (Read 66032 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass Mark 2015

Reply #15
Top 8 and being very competitive in the finals, winning at least one, would be an absolute minimum IMO. I think MM will be gone if we don't achieve that. (It'll be interesting to see if he can get on with SOS anyway if he does come back).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Anything less than a top four finish would be a fail.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Top 8.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #19

What makes you think this is possible given we just finished 13th?

Who said I think that it is possible?

Mick was appointed to win a flag and I think I'm setting the bar low with just a top four finish.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Top 8, with at least 2 wins against top 4 teams. I need to see us beat a Hawthorn or Sydney to show that we are truly going places.
Keep the Faith

Reply #22

Mick was appointed to win a flag and I think I'm setting the bar low with just a top four finish.

I thought I was being fair saying top 6 but this is definitely Mick's 'put up or shut up' year. I guess one bonus if we do go poorly is not having to see him represent our club in a poor manner once he's gone.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
Have to make the top 8 this year..... for a pass.

Reply #24
Top 8 - D
Top 4 - C
Grand Final - B
Premiership - A

Reply #25

Mick's job is to rebuild the list now. There's about as much chance of him being accountable to that initial standard as there is of Chris Judd appearing in R1 with an afro.

Reckon staying out of the bottom 6 is where the club is focussed.

Reply #26
@IOT

Agree that MM has been tasked with rebuilding the list but I think there would also be an expectation from the board that we will get into the Top 8 next year. CFC has to offer its long-suffering fans some positive signs of progress IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27

Mick's job is to rebuild the list now. There's about as much chance of him being accountable to that initial standard as there is of Chris Judd appearing in R1 with an afro.

To be honest, I think we'll be lucky to make the eight.  We really have to rely on a couple of teams above us falling away.  However, I believe that Mick and the club are aiming for finals this year.  That's why we're not rebuilding the list but taking some high risk options to address deficiencies.  Hopefully, they'll come off and we'll be more competitive than last season.

Reply #28

To be honest, I think we'll be lucky to make the eight.  We really have to rely on a couple of teams above us falling away.  However, I believe that Mick and the club are aiming for finals this year.  That's why we're not rebuilding the list but taking some high risk options to address deficiencies.  Hopefully, they'll come off and we'll be more competitive than last season.

What high risk options are you referring to exactly? I would have thought their insistence of a set age group when trading would make people think they are clearly in the 3 - 5 year plan phase. A high risk option is mirroring the doggies with trading the farm for a kid..or a bonafide star for that matter instead of a good promising kid. I'm happy with our trading so far.
Keep the Faith

Reply #29
Jaksch and Jones are high risk options in my opinion.  Neither has done much to date and we seem to be pinning our hopes on them to solve our key position weaknesses.  Hopefully, the stars will align and they'll both be 10 year players for us.