Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies (Read 28285 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies

Reply #60
Agree, but add the skipper
::)

Really.

Haven't you watched the last two months.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
I think Smith shows something, but at the moment he's trying to impose himself and it's not coming off due to his physical limitations and lack of experience.
He was a very highly rated junior and is worth persevering with, given time to find his feet we might have a player.
At least he backs himself which is always good to see in a young player.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #63
I think Smith shows something, but at the moment he's trying to impose himself and it's not coming off due to his physical limitations and lack of experience.
He was a very highly rated junior and is worth persevering with, given time to find his feet we might have a player.
At least he backs himself which is always good to see in a young player.
He needs a lot of work. But he is really young.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #65
He needs a lot of work. But he is really young.

Indeed.
Cripps showed nothing much in his first season.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #67
Cripps looked like he could play from day 1. Had he not broke his leg, he would have played a lot more.
Mind you, he can still improve, but he does have the sort of things we need: poise, strength, the ability to get the ball, etc. His kicking is the next thing that needs work: move over Casboult, you're about to get a partner or 4 in the goal kicking training.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
The honey moon period stopped when SOS put the brakes on.

He could see us winning games.

Into the Bottom two, with a Danger game this week!
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #70
Into the Bottom two, with a Danger game this week!

Cripps needs a rest(yound body and all that) , murph looked sore, don't want to overwork Krooz after a long lay off.

They are all legit reasons for some more list management.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #71
You mean apart from the broken leg?

There was that but in his few senior appearances he didn't look anything special, on the other hand I saw him play a VFL game last year and it was obvious he was a class above that level.
I'm not suggesting that Clem Smith has the ability of Cripps but he's a first year player who's played a handful of games, we'll know a lot more about him this time next year.
This time last year I thought that Nick Graham was a VFL footballer but I've reconsidered, hopefully Smith will cause a few people to do the same.

Reply #72
bring in jones, yarran  tutt, give watson a go in the backline.....henderson in good company with these types
give krooz cripps murph a rest

Reply #74
Why all the hate on Smith?

How many Pick 60s play football in their first year and don't look like a deer in headlights?

He is way ahead of schedule.