Skip to main content
Topic: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon (Read 29128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R20 Brisbane v Carlton - Battle for the Spoon

Reply #15
match of the round

Reply #16
we won't get done for tanking because we have stated, from the moment MM got the arse, that our priorities are to expose as much of the list to senior footy as is possible.

We are doing that and getting pumped.

Dogs and saints did it for the last few years, nobody raised an eyebrow.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
match of the round

Don't laugh as it will be. Brisbane didn't do too bad against GCS. This game could be a draw. We have to find a way to lose by enough to secure that first pick.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #19
Number 1 pick... Isn't that the only way SOS knows how to draft players?  ;)

I thought Brisbane have locked in Schache?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #20

That is the talk in the media with what I have heard in the last few days.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
The Weitering/Schache cup

Reply #22

We can get the number 1 pick.....and then trade it to Brisbane for the #2 pick and their 3rd rounder...throw in our 4th rounder which we probably wouldn't use anyway. ;)

Get a 3rd round pick for nothing.

Reply #23
We can get the number 1 pick.....and then trade it to Brisbane for the #2 pick and their 3rd rounder...throw in our 4th rounder which we probably wouldn't use anyway. ;)

Get a 3rd round pick for nothing.

If they want Schache as suggested  and we want Weitering then why would they bother?....

Reply #24
If they want Schache as suggested  and we want Weitering then why would they bother?....

Maybe we want Schache? ;) How do they know who we want??

Reply #25
I think there's a bit of theory that Brisbane will go for Schache because his dad played there.

...But he's not a normal father/son option because his father didn't play the required number of games.
There may be some small emotional commitment given that his father passed away at a very young age....but Brisbane may just as easily go the other way.

Reply #26
Maybe we want Schache? ;) How do they know who we want??

Essendon knew we wanted Boekhorst and not Laverde probably because Laverde told them...I reckon Schache would pass on any info about interest from other clubs
to Brisbane because like Laverde he has his own agenda and thats to get to Brisbane..

Reply #27
Essendon knew we wanted Boekhorst and not Laverde probably because Laverde told them...I reckon Schache would pass on any info about interest from other clubs
to Brisbane because like Laverde he has his own agenda and thats to get to Brisbane..

Whether we intend to take him or not, we'll still do our due diligence on him considering he will be there or thereabouts at our pick.

If we tell him we are not THAT interested, then that is our fault.

Keep your cards close to your chest and keep other teams guessing. Thats when you can get what you want.

Reply #28
Don't play down the roles of their respective managers.

Reply #29

Does he really want to go there?
Has he stated that?
He's a Seymour lad.
Brisbane didn't actually do his dad any favours